main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Two things that came to mind when watching AOTC:

1. At Shmi's funeral, we see two other gravestones outside the Lars homestead: a large one and a small one. Has there ever been an explanation about who these belonged to?
    2. Whatever happened to Mas Amedda, anyway? The film implies (and ROTS makes pretty explicit) that he is very closely involved in Palpatine's plans, possibly even to the point of knowing his true identity. But even in the EU, he seems to just disappear a few years into the Empire. Was an explanation ever given about this?

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    1. No. And now I wants me some answers.:p

2. Yes. Mas was promoted to be Palpatine's version of Indiana Jones...

Maul answered this in TCW when he said that Dooku was a "Sith-pretender"...

it was music to my ears.

3. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    In lieu of Episode 7, and the constant bickering over whether or not the creators of the new trilogy will do away with the entire EU, Post-ROTJ, where's the evidence that GL did so in the prequels?

What EU characters were incorporated into the prequels? What EU material was overwritten by the prequels?

I believe this information can give us a good gauge as to the amount of EU material that will be in the next trilogy! I don't have a comprehensive grasp on the prequel era EU, aside from a few Luceno/Stover novelizations.

I know Lucas referenced Quinlan Vos in Ep. 3, but he was never shown on screen. What are some other instances of this? And how much material was ignored?

4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
  5. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Thank you so much!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Merging with RQT.

7. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Had Mace and the three other Jedi Masters succeeded in confronting Palpatine...do you think the public would have believed and accepted being told that the Chancellor was a Sith Lord after being informed that he had just been assassinated by the Jedi?

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Welcome to the Boards Ananta Chetan!

If the Jedi succeeded, then Palpatine would have been arrested and none of them would have died...
    Every other outcome = failure for the Jedi, because Palpatine owned the political and legal high ground.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  9. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013

Sidious is far powerful than Dooku so it makes sense.

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I had the impression that Qui-Gon had only attained that ability at the end of ROTS when Yoda spoke to Obi-Wan about training to learn it as well. Is that correct?

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

No, you can hear Qui-Gon's voice in AOTC when Anakin is about to slaughter the Sand People.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Good point! I will go back and re-watch that scene. Also...after reading your post I also recalled that in TCW TV series during the "Mortis Arc" that Qui-Gon appeared as a Force Ghost.

13. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    After Anakin pledges his allegiance to Sidious in ROTS, the Emperor tells him that once the Jedi find out what has just transpired here that the Jedi will kill them, along with all of the senators... and Anakin says, "I agree."

Would Anakin so immediately believe the last part of this statement regarding the senators?

Anakin adds: "The Jedi's next move will be against the senate."

Does this mean that he agrees with Sidious' full statement... or is he just validating the part of it that he may know is true, that the Jedi may have to take temporary control of the senate, and not contradicting the remaining words of his new Master?

Or...

Sidious could have instead said to Anakin that the Jedi would arrest or destroy them and also take control of the senate?

Seems less extreme than suggesting to Anakin a senatorial genocide by the Jedi, within minutes of his conversion.

How was the fluidity of this scene for others?

14. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I don't think that the Obi-Sidious duel would have been interesting. I think it would have been quick and ended with Obi-Wan's death.

As for Anakin and Obi-Wan . . . I don't know. I think Anakin lost his duel with Obi-Wan, due to their emotional connection. Anakin's emotions were out of control at the time. But against Yoda . . . I don't know. They do not have much of an emotional connection. And Yoda's emotions were barely in check following the deaths of many Jedi. You know what? I just don't know.

kainee likes this.
  15. Sur-Gon Jinn

Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2013
    and common sense honestly.

it's obvious dooku was goading anakin to turn. dooku obviously knew who palpatine was by no other means than the way dooku looks at palps when palp tells anakin to kill him....dooku was betrayed by his master and he knew it.

again it's common sense. Dooku wasn't fighting at his best as he wasn't out to kill Anakin but to turn him or at least push him ever closer to turning.

Had Dooku given it his all who knows if it would have played out the same way. He may have still been defeated (probably so I think) but it would have been a more close drawn-out fight.

You shouldn't need everything spelled out directly to you. Dooku obviously wasn't fighting at his best in that fight. Whether he still would have lost or not is another discussion...but it's obvious he was holding back.

16. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    How come when they released Revenge of the Sith to buy they didn't release it on VHS in America but they did so in Europe? For those of us who had been bought the past movies on VHS our Star Wars VHS collection will always be missing the 3rd film of the prequel trilogy because they never released it on that format. Is it because DVDs were becoming the hot thing to watch movies so they felt it was a waste of money to release them on VHS or what?

17. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Why would Dooku deliberately help Palpatine turn Anakin so that he could be easily replaced? For Dooku to not be fighting at his best, he managed to hold out against Anakin and Obi-Wan rather well at the beginning of the duel, before easily dispatching the latter.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Because he doesn't know he's going to be replaced. He thinks that, if Anakin wins, he'll be captured and taken back as a prisoner of war.

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Not sure about all that, but I found THIS...

SC20130817-184429.jpg

Admiral Volshe and eht13 like this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    IIRC: His last thought was, "Treachery is the way of the Sith."

21. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Wowzers I didn't realize VHS movies could be so expensive I mean I been told things like VHS movies weren't really collectibles.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He had a moment of that when Palpatine encourages Anakin to use his rage against Dooku.

What's going through his head just before it comes off, is that all he was for, was to be the first (but not last) cold-blooded murder by Anakin.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    @Ananta Have you read the ROTS-Novel?

24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Yes. Just 2 weeks ago in fact. I thought it was incredible. Stover's depth of expansion. Page after page. A perfect companion for the film, in my eyes. Imagine if they had used it as the template for the movie...perhaps a 6 hour version, in 2 parts! Your perspective?

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Stover's book was closer to the original script (talking Anakin's turn specifically) than the final cut of the film.... & it is my second favorite adaption behind TESB's novel.