PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: SithStarSlayer
  1. Skelter Jedi Master

star 1
    Mace wins this, he defeated Palpatine, a guy that Yoda couldn't defeat. Anakin has no chance here.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 6
    Why is Yoda so nonchalant when he reasons that the prophecy might have been misread.
  3. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Aayla vs Darth Talon

So, in a fight between these two twilik babes, one a master of the light side, the other a master of the dark...who would emerge the victor? (ofcourse, us male audience members obviously, but apart from that...)
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 13, 2013
  4. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    What's required to block Sith Lightning with a lightsaber? Obi-Wan seems to do it w/ ease in AOTC, but Mace, not so much.
  5. K'Kruhk Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think it's simply because Sidious is so much more powerful than Dooku that his is far stronger. Consider than in AOTC Yoda can contain and send back Dooku's lightning with no struggle yet in ROTS he can't control Sidious'.
    TheMandalorian115 likes this.
  6. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Oh I see. But still, do they have to learn how to do so? I think someone mentioned somewhere on the boards that you have to use the force to concentrate the lightning into your lightsaber... Something along those lines.
  7. The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Dude...if you actually find Twi'leks hot you've got bigger issues that who wins this fight... lol

Secura would win. All Darth Talon ever did was get beating after beating by the Jedi. She's never been shown to be a capable duelist.
  8. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    :D

I know she got beaten by Cade, which was ridiculous but hey, he was the hero and a skywalker. Luke also crushed Vader in their second encounter after only a week or two of training, compared to Vader's lifetime of training.

But she did crush that Imperial Knight bodyguard of the princess what's her name. And she killed her mentor Ruyn before he could sense her attack. And she was chosen as Krayt's personal hitwoman. So I believe she was talented and had potential.

I like how both Secura and Talon have really skinny outfits.
  9. The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Imperial Knights have a storied combat history of...80 years? In comparison to the Jedi/Sith their zygotes.

Also if you read Claws of the Dragon you would be aware that Ruyn gave up his life so that she could touch the dark side. He knew she was going to kill him and he did nothing to prevent it. It resulted in a more powerful One Sith, that's what they were all about. Striking down an unarmed opponent doesn't really count as combat experience.

So that's her victory resume. She's defeated a Force adept and killed her defenseless Master.

Secura would win.
  10. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    i never knew Darth Talon was in the prequals..
  11. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    Disney should fix that.

Indeed.
    Having said that, this topic would be a great addition to the random question thread.;)
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 13, 2013
  12. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I did read an interview online some time ago where GL stated that initially Jar-Jar was going to be a bounty hunter character in the PM...I just can't see him in that sort of role his look (if it's the one they would have gone with) just doesn't lend himself to a Boba type of role?

I'm not to up to speed with the PM characters but have any others of them had a career change like Jar-Jar and would Jar-Jar now be loved like Boba if he was a bounty hunter or would he still be disliked by the majority (not me) SW community?
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 18, 2013
  13. Bale Force Ghost

star 4
    I think he would be hated even more.
  14. Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master

star 1
    As his main character trait was being clumsy........it wouldn't lend to the skill set of a bounty hunter.
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Lord Chazza Jedi Master

star 2
    Don't bring this up! It may give Disney ideas...
    Aaronaman likes this.
  16. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
  17. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    @SithStarSlayer Can I like my own post? :p
    Last edited by GGrievous, Mar 18, 2013
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer Ntwadumela: he who greets w/ fire Prequel & SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    So glad that the image of Binks includes a little bit of the poodoo that he stepped in.:p
  19. GODLIKE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Was Darth Maul apart of Sidious final plan or was being used like Doku. If he never died would Sidious still try to turn Anakin or would he get Maul to just kill him. What was Darth Maul potential was he going to be Sidious successor.
  20. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Who cares?!
    Last edited by Garrett Atkins, Mar 20, 2013
  21. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ah maybe Godlike as he's the one that posted it....good solid contribution though GA, keep up he good work lol
  22. sg1A Jedi Padawan

star 1
    He's dead we will never know.

With darth maul you get half the story.
  23. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent use of question marks.

Anyway, I do believe that the Plagueis novel implied that Sidious had planned on using Maul permanently, but he did not know about Anakin until after he had already made Maul his apprentice. I'm sure that he would have disposed of Maul just like he did with Dooku had he learned of Anakin's potential.
    Jedi Knight Fett and CT-867-5309 like this.
  24. SithStarSlayer Ntwadumela: he who greets w/ fire Prequel & SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I care.
  25. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I just watched AotC again and the Jango clones are shown at three stages of development - child (played by Daniel Logan) and adult (Temuera Morrison). There seems to be an intermediate age clone there too - are my eyes deceiving me and that's actually just a made-up Temuera Morrison, or is it a different actor who just happens to bear a huge resemblance to Jay Laga'aia?

This has been bugging me for years.
Moderators: SithStarSlayer