PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    erica587 and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I would like to think that Palpatine was perfectly able to be prepared for any situation that was going to happen in the duel on Mustafar.
  3. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So do I...
    [IMG]

"PMC-210 medical capsules were repulsorlift vehicles developed by Praxen Emergency Medical Services for the transport of critically injured patients from the battlefield to more secure and better equipped medical facilities. A droid brain was incorporated into the PMC-210 which helped regulate and monitor the life signs of a patient. Darth Vader was carried away from the planet Mustafar in a PMC-210 medical capsule following his defeat at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. "
  4. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Wookieepedia?
  5. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IIRC: TCSWE was the source for that blurb.
  6. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    Why does Mace address Palpatine as "my lord" when he tells him he's under arrest? Is he being sarcastic or something?
  7. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Yep, that is definitely sarcasm.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone ever count how many times Qui-Gon says the word "transport" in Episode I? My brother and I find it hilarious cause in like every other scene he is in there is some variation of this line. [face_laugh]
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 20, 2014
    Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  9. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    "Concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Use your instincts. May the Force be with you." :p

But I see your point. It's likely just his preferred terminology, and it DOES broadly describe anything from a submersible to a starship.
  10. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Guess he was desperate for a transport :p
  11. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    Energize.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 20, 2014
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  12. Vialco Force Ghost

star 4
    If by some fluke, Yoda actually killed Palpatine in their duel, would the Republic have been saved? Or was it already too late for the Jedi Order, having been decimated by Order 66,.
  13. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The Republic probably would have been somewhat saved with the Sith gone (Vader would have no Palps to save him).

Though, I'm sure some guy would try to step in as interim Emperor.
  14. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah, I'm sure that with Palpatine gone, it wouldn't be too hard for the Jedi (Obi Wan) to bring Anakin back from his turn and into the arms of the Republic again.
  15. DarthWilliams Force Ghost

star 4
    The Jedi were certainly decimated by Order 66, but with Palpatine gone and Anakin either dead or being cared for by the Jedi without Palpatine around to manipulate him anymore, seems like Yoda killing Palpatine would have "saved" the Republic. Still a lot of issues to overcome, though.
  16. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You're right. There would be a lot more complications that would go with this. It makes me wonder how things could have been had this change been initiated.
  17. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Besides Obi-Wan being on the Council, and not trusting him. Is there any other Anakin did not tell him the truth about him and Padme?
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 26, 2014
  18. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    The Jedi Code forbids it - Obi-Wan reminded Anakin on numerous occasions of this, most notably when he threatened him with expulsion on Geonosis.
  19. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Pretty much. Anakin knew that Obi-wan was too by the book and felt that if he told him, then Obi-wan would be obligated to inform the Council if Anakin didn't end the marriage immediately. The thing was that Obi-wan suspected it, but kept quiet for Anakin's sake since he felt that she was good at keeping him grounded. He could open up to Padme in ways that he couldn't to Obi-wan.
    Last edited by darth-sinister, Mar 26, 2014
    Iron_lord likes this.
  20. TheChoosen095 Jedi Padawan

I always wondered why didnt R2-D2 got his memory erased with C3-PO. It seems is just for it to coincide with the original trilogy.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Apr 1, 2014
  21. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Because he was smart enough to keep his mouth shut. C-3PO is a blabbermouth.
  22. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    And even if he didn't, very few people understand how astromechs communicate. I don't think Senator Organa considered R2 a security breach in any case.

Also, in the novelization, 3PO is going on about telling young Princess Leia everything about her real parents before his mind is ordered wiped. Definitely confirms timmo's answer, and it showed Organa how dangerous it was for 3PO to retain that knowledge.
  23. Kesselia K Lendra Jedi Master

star 2
    "...Just south of the Rishi Maze...."
    What indicates direction in a Galaxy? Which way is deemed 'North'? And how do they indicate the third dimension relative to it?
  24. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    The same way north is arbitrarily defined here on Earth too, I would guess. Since the galaxy rotates on a flat plane, "north" would be anything above the galactic plane, and "south" anything below. The Rishi Maze is a satellite dwarf galaxy above the galactic plane (similar to the Magellan Clouds surrounding our own Milky Way), and Kamino is located near there.
    Last edited by timmoishere, Mar 30, 2014
  25. Tornado Wrangler Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't think it was required for Artoo to keep his memory to match anything in the original trilogy. In fact, it would have made more sense for him to not have his memory, as he did not recognize Obi-Wan. However, knowing that Artoo knows everything that happened in the PT does add something to it, and does give a reason for his more adventurous personality compared to Threepio.
Moderators: Bazinga'd