PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Ananta Chetan Force Ghost

star 4
    That's exactly what I was going to type until I read your post...except I was going to insert the word "beeping" in front of mouth.

:p
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. Darth Xalfrea Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Because R2-D2 promised to endlessly supply the Rebels with joints in exchange.

[IMG]
  3. Anakin Solo Revanchist Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, 19 years in a desert can change a person physically, but presumably R2 would be able to deduce that the old man was Obi-Wan. Or may he did recognize him, but was still freaking about Tusken Raiders. It's only been a day since he was shot by Jawas, after all.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    how do we know r-2 doesn't recognize kenobi? in fact r-2 goes out to find obi-wan on his own.
    Last edited by thejeditraitor, Mar 31, 2014
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    I could see the reason being - that Bail knows they may need to get in touch with Obi-Wan in the future (though he doesn't know exactly when or how) so - he keeps Artoo's memory unerased, as a precaution.
  6. oierem Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Considering how the droids act at the beginning of ANH (3PO doesn't know what's going on and R2 seems to know where to go, what to do...) it works really well that he "knows" all the events from the PT while 3PO doesn't.
  7. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Not many people understand R2 when he beeps and boops and communicates. He probably wasn't that much of a threat to their secrecy.
  8. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Perhaps Bail had been around Threepio long enough to realize that that latter would be unable to keep its mouth shut about the twins.
  9. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It seemed like R2's wit and knowledge could have been used as an asset, whereas 3PO's memory (and talkative nature) was more of a liability.
    rdhight likes this.
  10. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I would just think that with some type of coordinates and sense of direction, there could be some sort of North, South, East and West.
  11. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  12. MiWa Jedi Padawan

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but how did Obi-Wan fake his departure from Utapau? I really can't figure it out :confused:
  13. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    The ship he took belonged to Grievous, so I guess it possessed all the necessary codes to leave Utapau unharmed.
  14. MiWa Jedi Padawan

No, I mean when he landed there and had a chat with that "one guy" and then he just got into his own ship and just flew away, but in the next scene he was watching it flying away?
  15. Barkey Foreman Jedi Padawan

Are the Sith extinct? Not counting major villains like Sidious, Grievious, Maul.

Windu and Yoda were incredibly shocked when Que-Gon described the witness account of Darth Maul, stating that not a single Sith has been encountered for decades (or centuries, don't recall the exat statement), and they were in such full alert a kin to the 9/11 terrorist attacks that caused the military to be on full alerts and even after Maul was killed, it seemed like catching his master was the prime long term priority of the Jedi order.

In fact its implied the primary reason why defeating Grivous in Episode III was so essential was because he seemed like the last Sith lord in existence until Palpatine reveals he is the mastermind.

Other than that the fact the eyewitness of one Sith lord being such a big deal indeed implies the Sith were about as extinct as the Jedi were in the OT by the time the PT takes place.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Apr 10, 2014
  16. HevyDevy Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The rule of two holds significance here. I don't know EU, but the Sith only worked in pairs for a while leading up to TPM, if more than two existed then several would ultimately team up and the Sith would turn on each other. In the period leading up to TPM the Sith weren't technically extinct if I understand, just one apprentice and one Master training and biding their time over a long period.

The Jedi didn't think Grievous was a Sith. His death was just a means to ending the war, a fact encouraged by Palpatine as a diversionary tactic to take the attention off himself.

The Sith being almost extinct is indeed a parallel to the Jedi in the OT. Anakin brings about the near extinction of the Jedi in the PT then the Sith at the end of the OT.
  17. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    He got back out.
  18. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    He hopped out and his droid flew it back to the ship.
  19. vypernight Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    At the end of ROTS, we see a now-Imperial Star Destroyer and some fighters flying over/past it. Are these V-Wings or TIE fighter prototypes? They look like V's but sound like TIE's so I wasn't sure.
  20. Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Master

star 1
    Just wondering, as per the title, what happened to the bodies of the three Jedi killed in Palpatine's office. Anyone examining them would have seen that they were killed by a lightsaber. Did he have them incinerated or something? That would look pretty suspicious. How did he explain that he was able to survive? Or did he just not need to as by then he had control?

Maybe there's an obvious answer to this but I'm missing it so please enlighten me if you can!

Oh wait, maybe I can answer myself. Did he say Anakin saved him from them?
  21. DARTHLINK Force Ghost

star 3
    I think there was an implication on his part that his noble apprentice went in and stopped the traitorous Jedi from attempting to assassinate him. So yes, he was implying that Anakin killed the other Jedi. I assume Palpatine's personal guards disposed of the bodies almost immediately after Anakin was knighted as Darth Vader.
    Last edited by DARTHLINK, Apr 15, 2014
  22. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, I have been thinking about Jar Jar Binks, and why a lot of people dislike him. Racism comes up a lot in that discussion. Does anyone else think Jar Jar is racist? And if so, do you seriously believe that George and the actor who played him would intentionally create a racist caricature in a film series made mainly for kids (GL's words)?

Oh, and this is obviously not a baiting question, as I am huge Prequel defender (just look at my sig!).
  23. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 6
    It may not have been the deliberate intention but I can see why some have the concern. Racism and most negative behaviours start from young ages thus I don't see why such an element possibly would not be present in something intended supposedly for children. However, I'd prefer our entertainment particularly aimed at the young was more positive.
  24. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    That kind of stuff doesn't even come to mind with me. Don't forget Watto.
  25. THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I know this isn't a question I thought it was funny when the decoy queen gets Padm'e, the real queen, to clean R2 whilst they are on board the Noobian. :eek:
    Iron_lord likes this.
Moderators: Bazinga'd