PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    No. I suspect any characters that resemble racist caricatures in Lucas's work (I don't think Jar Jar is an example, but they do exist) are the products of his uncritical admiration for 1930s-1940s films that featured such caricatures intentionally.
    Iron_lord, timmoishere and Darkslayer like this.
  2. rdhight Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Surely this is done to let the real queen go off and do "real queen stuff" by herself without breaking the disguise. I think at one point, while the real Padme is off on this errand, she listens to a message from home on the space answering machine, right? The handmaidens can't always wait to go to their private quarters or whatever and switch, so made-up jobs are used to get Padme free to use the commlink or whatever and give orders in secret.
  3. TheLightOverall Jedi Youngling

Form VII - The Vaapad

Can I assume this is the pinnacle of all of the Lightsaber forms? From what I can gather, it basically requires one to absorb all the different forms and use those styles to create a total all out crazy powerful offensive attack? That and Juyo was still a Form VII style, but had a weakness from force attacks, that Windu corrected with the Vaapad?
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Apr 25, 2014
  4. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    In the RotS novel, Obi-Wan's Soresu rather than Mace's Vaapad is deemed to be the best way to take down Grievous.
  5. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Is there any symbolism to whatever Anakin and Palpatine were watching as they discussed Plagueis?
  6. TheLightOverall Jedi Youngling

Interesting, so the different forms are like rock paper scissors with one another?
  7. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
  8. Samnz Force Ghost

star 2
    What irritates (for lack of a better word) me about the Jar Jar rasicm theory is that those who suggest racism tend to ignore Jar Jar's positive traits. Yes, he is clumsy and yes, he might not be the smartest person in the universe....BUT he's also got a good heart, he's helpful, sympathetic and loyal. So why are these positive traits ignored when it comes to racial stereotypes?
    So no, I don't see there was anything remotely racist about Jar Jar. Watto is a different thing, probably.

Sith impregnation. Seed of evil and omnipotence being planted in Anakin's head.
    [IMG] [IMG]
    Last edited by Samnz, Apr 25, 2014
    rdhight likes this.
  9. Staplepuffs27 Jedi Youngling

Does Anakin try to use a Jedi mind trick on Padme in episode III? "I don't want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan"

If he does, it certainly doesn't work, but I always liked the idea that he does try.
  10. AndyLGR Jedi Master

star 2
    Why does Palpatines face change during his fight with Mace Windu?
  11. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    He was hit with rebounded Force lightning at close range.
  12. Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Was C3PO real or CGI in Attack of the Clones? I know for sure he was CGI in some scenes on Geonosis, but he looks really fake to me for most of the rest of the movie too
  13. Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight

star 1
    So was Luke in Return of the Jedi though. His face was fine lol
    Ananta Chetan likes this.
  14. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Luke was further away. Mace was right up in Palpatine's face.

CGI in the droid factory scenes where he's dangling from the machinery, real in all other scenes IIRC.
  15. AndyLGR Jedi Master

star 2
    Good point on Luke. I always assumed it was Palpatines true face and somehow he was hiding his features through some dark side magic or something.
  16. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
  17. Sab Jo Jedi Padawan

Why did Palpatines voice change at that time? For a moment it even growled and echoed, like something supernatural.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
  18. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    To add more creepiness to the scene.
    Sab Jo likes this.
  19. Darth Bradius Jedi Master

star 1

One of my favorite moments in the saga. I had a friend that ridiculed this moment as stupid. Can't for the life of me understand why. Cinematically it was chilling and perfect.
    Sab Jo and Alexrd like this.
  20. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
  21. Darth Bradius Jedi Master

star 1
    Also, why didn't Obi-Wan use Force-speed to catch up with Qui-Gon and Maul?
  22. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    If he had gone faster, he might not have been able to stop in time to avoid running into the laser walls.
  23. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    timmoishere and Darth Bradius like this.
  24. Darth Bradius Jedi Master

star 1

LOL, nice. Yeah, I guess between that and the laser walls using Force-speed woulda been a lot more dangerous than I realized.
    Darkslayer likes this.
  25. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Why do the Jedi forbid multiple padawans at once?
Moderators: Bazinga'd