PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. CaptainYossarian Force Ghost

star 3
    It seems like the Jedi of the time have some standard outfits in a variety of styles and colours - the there are some Jedi who have even more individualistic outfits (like Aayla Secura). If Anakin wore dark robes then I suppose that was just his preference, maybe he thought it went with his status as a prominent Jedi in the war. He may also wanted something that was different from Obi-Wan and most other Jedi - eg Yoda and Mace, to make himself stand out.

Although 'going a bit dark side' could be an in-universe reason as well. Maybe a darker mental state made him dress darker and not like most of the other Jedi.
    darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Cael-Fenton Force Ghost

star 2
    Might be a silly question, but something that's been bugging me about RotS is where did Obi-Wan get a robe between Utapau and returning to the Temple with Yoda?

He dropped his robe before confronting Grievous. When he's shot down by the clones shortly afterwards, and then steals a ship to escape, we don't see it on him, and it's too big/bulky to fit into a pocket or something like that. He still doesn't have one when he's on the Tantive IV, but suddenly in his next scene when he and Yoda are fighting their way back into the Temple, he's wearing one.

I doubt they'd stop to buy a new robe after Bail dropped them off, so the only conclusion I can draw is that Bail gave it to him enroute to Coruscant. Of course, that kind of robe probably isn't unique to the Jedi, but it seems pretty different from Alderaanian fashion, and it's a little odd that Bail happens to have on his consular ship robes that so closely match what Obi-Wan had been wearing previously. Similar colour, even. It wouldn't bother me if not for that brief shot of him and Yoda outside the Temple. If it had cut straight to the corridor shot, I'd just assume they'd passed the Temple's supply area and he'd snagged a new one.

Of course, logically I know that we're probably meant to think he *did* pick up his own robe before leaving Utapau. Still, it's a little annoying that it seems inconsistent with what we see onscreen :confused:

some might say the obvious conclusion is that Obi-Wan and Bail often had secret trysts aboard the Tantive IV, which would explain why Obi-Wan keeps spare clothes there :p
    Last edited by Cael-Fenton, Jun 28, 2014
  3. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    He... was so desperate to get a robe he ran head-first into the temple THEN came back out to fight the clones with Yoda?
    Haha good catch. I can't really think of a justifiable in-universe answer to that....
    Revanfan1 and gracesonnet like this.
  4. Cael-Fenton Force Ghost

star 2
    That works!
    Or maybe the Jedi keep their spare clothes in a outhouse 600m forward of the main entrance.
    Seagoat likes this.
  5. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    In his off-screen time, Obi is quite the fashionista
    Vthuil, Cael-Fenton and gracesonnet like this.
  6. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    So I read online that both baby Luke and baby Leia were played by the same baby in ROTS. This does not seem possible; they look like totally different babies to me! Is this true?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, it's the same child in both shots. I believe it was the child of one of the production staff of the film.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Master Fisto Jedi Master

Look at the nose! They look identical to me.
  9. Visitant Jedi Master

star 1
    So that's why 'Luke''s eyes are closed! :p
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Thanks, guys. In any case, it's an adorable baby–especially in the "Leia" picture. Kind of makes my heart melt.
    Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Darth Gartin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How did Sidious train Maul and Dooku on Coruscant without the Jedi knowing. I know Sidious and Dooku used force stealth as did Maul but Dooku trained a lot of dark jedi and sith assassins there also. According to the Darth Plaguis novel the only reason the jedi couldn't sense their presence is because the sith didn't use the dark side when they was on Coruscant so they could hide in plain site. I know Sidious and Dooku where very powerful Sith Lords but I just can't see all the ones that where trained by Dooku where powerful enough to hide their presence from some of the most powerful jedi the galaxy has ever seen.
  12. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    I think "The Works" was an area of Coruscant that was already pretty dark - and that's where Dooku did most of his training of Dark Jedi.
  13. MJack Jedi Youngling

When I was first seeing the Phantom Menace in theatres in 1999, I thought I there was a fairly close-up shot or two of Yaddle. It's definitely not there on the 2011 blu-ray. And it's not on the 2004 DVD. I have not seen any lists of Star Wars edits with this on it. Does anyone know if I am remembering correctly?
  14. Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah, I think it was to do with the fumes created by the Industries that created loads of thunderstorms, clouds and stuff. I think that's why it was pretty dark and gloomy and perhaps why it was tainted with dark energy and a good place for dark siders to use. Well that's my guess anyways.
    Iron_lord likes this.
  15. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    The Neimoidians mention that they've never encountered a Jedi, but Qui-Gon says that if Anakin was born in the Republic, he'd have been identified. Are Jedi common or are they not?
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jul 13, 2014
  16. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    At the time of TPM, there were around 10,000 Jedi in the galaxy. Considering that the galaxy has a population of quadrillions at the minimum (Coruscant itself is around 1 trillion), it would be extremely rare for any average citizen to encounter one.

As for your second question, most children in the Republic are subjected to a blood test shortly after birth. This test measures the midi-chlorian levels in the child's cells, and if it's high enough, the Jedi Order is contacted. A representative of the Jedi will visit the family and explain the difficulties of raising a Force-sensitive child and how much better off the child will be as a Jedi. And, if the parents consent, the representative will take the child back to the Temple with him.

Anakin was born into slavery and spent most of his childhood on Tatooine, which explains why the Jedi never knew of his potential until Qui-Gon found him.
    Last edited by timmoishere, Jul 13, 2014
  17. SteveMcgrath Jedi Youngling

I like the lore behind The Prequel trilogy, I know enough about the Old Republic era and know that the era before the republic exists because of KoTOR. But I want to experience the Prequel Era mythos first hand, where do I start?
  18. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I have not so much a random question as it is a random thought: Just watched ROTS last night. I always thought it was a great film, but now the added context of TCW makes it even better. Wow, does JJ have a lot to live up to.

Sent from my R2 unit
  19. Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master

star 1
    Question. When Obi-Wan first confronts Jango on Kamino and they get into that fight and then he throws a tracking device on Jango's ship (Whatever it's called), Why doesn't Yoda do the same with Dooku's ship after there fight in the hanger?. It would have given insight to the Jedi about the whereabouts of not only Dooku, but ultimately could have led them to the Sith and the mysterious Lord Sidious.
  20. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Yoda didn't bring one with him?
  21. Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah, Possibly. But when Obi-Wan uses it it's like a normal reaction (Like it's part of his tools, like his lightsaber). A lot of Jedi carry things like that on them all the time, weather it's comlinks like Qui-Gon used in TPM, or the one Obi-Wan uses in AOTC. It seems like a they've got a belt which contains the essential things they need (Like a life belt used in the military). But then hell it is Yoda we're talking about here, of all people he's the one who probably doesn't need stuff like that.
    Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Couldn't have the Sith be revealed so early now can we?
    Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master

star 1
    Knowing roughly where the Sith are and being able to track them down are 2 completely different things. I mean Ok it didn't really take Obi-Wan long to find out what was going on on Geonosis, But Dooku did sense his presence. The works is a big place 2 Sith Lords could easily have sensed any Jedi getting close to them I'm sure, then made a quick get a way.
  24. IG-193 Jedi Youngling

(First, I'm not entirely sure the forum in which this needs to be posted, so I apologise in advance--if I'm wrong, please redirect me)

So, a group of friends of mine are doing a story-based Star Wars RPG thing (loose, mainly story-based). It takes place in a theorhetical universe in which Anakin does not become Darth Vader; Palpatine becomes Emperor, and has an apprentice (I don't know yet if it's Dooku or a new one, it hasn't come up, and I'm not GM)

But to my question: Long story, but would it be possible for a magnaguard to wear a Katarn-II or just regular Phase-II armor? For disguising purposes. Their body shape seems compatible..
  25. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    The droid commandos wear regular clonetrooper armor in TCW, when trying to gain entry into a clone fortress. However they are a mite less bulky than magnaguards.
Moderators: Bazinga'd