main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Let's not get into this.

2. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    Well that shatters my world.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    It almost broke the boards. I'm excited for all the post 2005 members... u haven't seen internet fanatics at their finest until you've seen Star Wars fanatics react and respond to spoilers and really good rumors. And the trolls, oh my, its open season once the leaks start.:p

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    [face_laugh]

5. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Do you think Palpatine knew Vader would be defeated by Kenobi on Mustafar?

i remember his saying "I sense Lord Vader is in danger" or something similar.

But when he brings Vader to the medical facility he seems to have the suit ready for him?

6. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I think there's a difference between having medical equipment handy, and knowing exactly what it'll be used for. IIRC, Palpatine did not know in advance that Vader would fail to defeat Obi-Wan. I'm sure it's specified either way in the ROTS novelization.

7. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Well, by his comment "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us" in the duel against Yoda, I would say that he wasn't expecting it.

DARTHLINK likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I always liked to think that Sidious had the suit technology ready to prolong his own life, if needed.

As to your question, I'm not sure he knew that Kenobi was even alive (he apparently did not think Yoda was), much less that he would take down Anakin.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

Nice to see you again SSS, you definitely haven't lost anything [face_laugh]

10. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think he was expecting that Vader would, at least, come out of it maybe missing an arm or a leg. Seeing his apprentice heavily burnt minus three legs must've been a big blow to Palpatine.

11. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    I doubt he even knew Kenobi had survived let alone they would duel on Mustafar and end up nearly killing Vader. Don't forget that Sidious was surprised at Yoda walking into his office, he probably assumed that all the Jedi where killed in Order66 and therefore was not expecting either of these fights or either of these Jedi to still be alive. As for the suit, it was probably a suit designed for himself just in case anything was to go wrong and he probably brought it to Mustafar to be on the safe side.

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    erica587 and Iron_lord like this.
  13. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I would like to think that Palpatine was perfectly able to be prepared for any situation that was going to happen in the duel on Mustafar.

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    So do I...
    [​IMG]

"PMC-210 medical capsules were repulsorlift vehicles developed by Praxen Emergency Medical Services for the transport of critically injured patients from the battlefield to more secure and better equipped medical facilities. A droid brain was incorporated into the PMC-210 which helped regulate and monitor the life signs of a patient. Darth Vader was carried away from the planet Mustafar in a PMC-210 medical capsule following his defeat at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. "

15. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Wookieepedia?

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    IIRC: TCSWE was the source for that blurb.

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Why does Mace address Palpatine as "my lord" when he tells him he's under arrest? Is he being sarcastic or something?

18. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yep, that is definitely sarcasm.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Anyone ever count how many times Qui-Gon says the word "transport" in Episode I? My brother and I find it hilarious cause in like every other scene he is in there is some variation of this line. [face_laugh]

TomClaydon and Darth Dominikkus like this.
  20. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    "Concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Use your instincts. May the Force be with you." :p

But I see your point. It's likely just his preferred terminology, and it DOES broadly describe anything from a submersible to a starship.

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Guess he was desperate for a transport :p

TomClaydon likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Energize.

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    If by some fluke, Yoda actually killed Palpatine in their duel, would the Republic have been saved? Or was it already too late for the Jedi Order, having been decimated by Order 66,.

24. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    The Republic probably would have been somewhat saved with the Sith gone (Vader would have no Palps to save him).

Though, I'm sure some guy would try to step in as interim Emperor.

25. HighlanderC

HighlanderC Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Yoda and Obi Wan would have died... Plain and Simple....

Anakin didn't kill obi-wan because he loved him as a father... and it was tough..Yet obi-wan doesn't "let his personal feelings get in the way". Big difference... There was the jealousy conflict/father conflict and Anakin was not on his best state...

With Yoda it would have been SOOOO different.... Why do you think Yoda chose to go after Palpatine?

Palpatine's style was more up to the task for Yoda's and Obi-wan's for Anakin. Yoda was wise and knew this. He chose correctly and both came out alive... So it could be a "win".

The Jedi feared Anakin... it was said he was as strong as a squad of jedi knights by himself. He is always holding back. With obi-wan he held back.