PT Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbie's read before posting!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Pensivia Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, here's something I've always wondered about...it's probably pretty "basic" so I apologize if it's already been asked and answered before (I tried to search this thread and it didn't seem to come up):

In the PT, is Anakin the only Jedi to wear black (offhand, I think he is but I'm not sure), and, if so, is there any (non-EU, and PT-specific) explanation for this? I understand it has obvious symbolic importance in foreshadowing his later transformation into Vader (and of course it connects with Luke's black outfits in the OT), but I always wondered how it was supposed to have originated and why the other PT Jedi don't seem to think it's unusual.

Forgive me if I'm overlooking stuff that seems obvious. It's been a while since I watched all of the PT so I may be forgetting something relevant here...
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [IMG]

IU: Nothing unusual about robe colors, if that mattered, they would all wear white.
    OOU: Dark robes on our heroes means a choice is coming.

3. Pensivia Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the reply, SithStarSlayer...would you mind answering a couple of follow-up questions?[face_thinking] Again, I know this is probably a stupid question [[face_blush]], but I don't recognize the the character in the image you posted above--who is it? Is this character in any of the PT films [if so, which one(s)?]

Also: I see your point about if the robe color mattered, they would all wear white. But when I think of the Jedi shown in the PT, I only seem to remember variations of Earth-tone colors (from beige to dark browns), as in the image below I(from Wookiepedia), plus if my memory is correct, Mace, Yoda, and Obi-Wan also wear only earth tones, along with the younglings and the padawans. Actually, I looked up some pics of Anakin in AotC and RotS, and it looks like his outer robe was dark brown, but that the difference was that he wore black underneath. I can't seem to think of any other Jedi (or Jedi-in-training) who wears anything black, which is what got me thinking about it...But if the character above is from one of the PT movies, then obviously that answers my question...Thanks!:)

[IMG]
    darth ladnar likes this.
  4. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I would look closely at the Temple shots and Geonosis, perhaps there might more background Jedi wearing darker hues. Maybe even at Padme's burial march, or Qui Gonn's funeral.

Luminara's (Check out her wookiee page) padawan; Barriss Offee, had cool robes in her promo shots, but TCW made her a dark Jedi so I didn't bother posting the image.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Apr 27, 2013
  5. Pensivia Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, thanks, I'll check that stuff out.
  6. jnrssa Jedi Knight

Mr Lucas has confirmed it is indeed the MF, so any thoughts on why the Millennium Falcon was in Coruscant in ROTS? who was piloting it and so forth?
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, May 1, 2013
  7. Darth Xalfrea Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    For those that count the EU.

It was called the Stellar Envoy, and was being piloted by Tobb Jadak and his co-pilot Reeze for a secret mission given by a covert Republic Restoration group.

For those that do not count the EU.

Make whatever theory you want.

What actually confuses me is that there were people who were actually pissed off that the "Falcon" made an appearance in Episode III.
    Last edited by Darth Xalfrea, May 1, 2013
    Master Fisto likes this.
  8. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice EU explanation there Darth Xalfrea.

I can take that for sure as there's no way to call it being piloted by Lando or Han at this stage.

Was a great moment to see, and adds even more to the wonderful reach of the EU incorporating an iconic CT ship such as the Falcon.
  9. LelalMekha Force Ghost

star 4
    There really is nothing to be pissed off. A starship may change hands quite often during its history. Take the Ebon Hawk, for example: she's had at least five owners. As regards the Falcon, she was already an old, battered and obsolete ship at the time of the OT. She was built about sixty years before the Galactic Civil War, after all. At the time of Episode III, Han was only ten years old, and Lando couldn't have been much older. It's quite "normal" that the Falcon had her own history before those two.
    Last edited by LelalMekha, May 1, 2013
  10. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I actually think that it's pretty sweet that they threw the Falcon in there. Kinda gives the galaxy that "small world" feel. It also adds some history to Star Wars as well.
    Last edited by Dredalus, May 1, 2013
  11. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 6
  12. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 5
    Me too, I loved seeing the Falcon there.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  13. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Was there ever an official word on why Palpatine was aging more rapidly in Episode II, but was younger looking in Episode III (pre-Force lightning)?

I think they originally figured that Palpatine would simply become deformed over time as he aged and became consumed by the Dark Side. But then Episode III answered the question definately with the sudden Force lightning incident.
    Sitara likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I thought it was due to stress.
  15. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I can totally see him plausibly aging in ten years. Just look at presidents who served during times of war and how they aged. The only issue I have is why he then reverts back to looking younger in ROTS.
  16. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Did Palpatine have food tasters? Or did poison not concern him?
  17. jnrssa Jedi Knight

In the AOTC speeder chase, I recently found out (not from a completely reliable source) that the Dug who I always assumed was Sebulba, was infact a different Dug called Seboca? Is this correct and is he any relation to Sebulba?
  18. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    Seems legit, at least according to wookiepedia's entry on Seboca.

There doesn't seem to be any relation between the two Dugs besides the fact that they are the same species.
  19. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 6
    Going by Darth Vader & the Ghost Prison, some viruses at least can have a nasty effect on him, even with him using the Dark Side to stave off their effects.
  20. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. I was watching the Chosen One documentary on my ROTS DVD and in it they show the scene from TPM where Yoda says the "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" line but it was the CGI replacement Yoda not the puppet. This confuses me because I thought the CGI Yoda was created for the blu-ray release of TPM. Can anyone clear this up for me? :)
  21. jnrssa Jedi Knight

Going back to my previous post on the Millennium Falcon guess appearance in ROTS do you guys expect us to see it through episodes 7, 8 & 9? bearing in mind this is many years later and it was a "pile of junk" in the classic trilogy?
  22. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd love it, personally.

Follow-up question to add to the mix: will it's design be updated/streamlined in any way?
  23. Tornado Wrangler Jedi Master

star 1
    This post made me think.

I actually don't see why it was thought that the robes were Jedi garb to begin with. That wasn't established until Episode 1, and I think the idea of Jedi wearing robes is silly. Stick with me on this for a second . . .

The first Jedi we see in Star Wars is Ben Kenobi. This is what he wears.

[IMG]

So it's established, Jedi wear robes . . .

Except that . . .
    [IMG]

. . . so do a lot of other people on Tatooine. It's pretty standard for living in the desert.

So, why are we to think that Ben Kenobi, after 20 years on Tatooine, is dressing like a Jedi? It's dressing like a local!

My point is, before Episode I, there was no reason to think Jedi wore robes. Perhaps a hood like Luke and the Emperor did in RotJ, but not the desert robes we see in the prequels.
    Last edited by Tornado Wrangler, May 4, 2013
  24. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin's ghost (Even the Shaw version) wore robes too. That kind of invalidates this...
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Teaviex Cue Jedi Master

Maybe an advanced kind of force mind trick/telepathy? I think it makes all sense if he did.
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, May 6, 2013
Moderators: Bazinga'd