main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There really is nothing to be pissed off. A starship may change hands quite often during its history. Take the Ebon Hawk, for example: she's had at least five owners. As regards the Falcon, she was already an old, battered and obsolete ship at the time of the OT. She was built about sixty years before the Galactic Civil War, after all. At the time of Episode III, Han was only ten years old, and Lando couldn't have been much older. It's quite "normal" that the Falcon had her own history before those two.

2. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I actually think that it's pretty sweet that they threw the Falcon in there. Kinda gives the galaxy that "small world" feel. It also adds some history to Star Wars as well.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I tend to agree.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Me too, I loved seeing the Falcon there.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Was there ever an official word on why Palpatine was aging more rapidly in Episode II, but was younger looking in Episode III (pre-Force lightning)?

I think they originally figured that Palpatine would simply become deformed over time as he aged and became consumed by the Dark Side. But then Episode III answered the question definately with the sudden Force lightning incident.

Sitara likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought it was due to stress.

7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I can totally see him plausibly aging in ten years. Just look at presidents who served during times of war and how they aged. The only issue I have is why he then reverts back to looking younger in ROTS.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Did Palpatine have food tasters? Or did poison not concern him?

9. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    In the AOTC speeder chase, I recently found out (not from a completely reliable source) that the Dug who I always assumed was Sebulba, was infact a different Dug called Seboca? Is this correct and is he any relation to Sebulba?

10. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Seems legit, at least according to wookiepedia's entry on Seboca.

There doesn't seem to be any relation between the two Dugs besides the fact that they are the same species.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Going by Darth Vader & the Ghost Prison, some viruses at least can have a nasty effect on him, even with him using the Dark Side to stave off their effects.

12. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Palpatine tries to set up missions so that Obi-Wan will hopefully get killed off on multiple occasions in the EU, and so even if Obi-Wan miraculously managed to escape a duel with Palpatine, Palpatine wouldn't likely let that go. Especially if Yoda beat Anakin as well, I feel like Palpatine might want to retaliate against Obi-Wan. So he kills or captures and tortures Obi-Wan as punishment and to set up a trap for Yoda.

Which would mean that Yoda, realizing he's the last hope for training the next generation of Jedi, has to leave Obi-Wan to a horrible death. =((

kainee and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Dystopia?

kainee and SithStarSlayer like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. I was watching the Chosen One documentary on my ROTS DVD and in it they show the scene from TPM where Yoda says the "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" line but it was the CGI replacement Yoda not the puppet. This confuses me because I thought the CGI Yoda was created for the blu-ray release of TPM. Can anyone clear this up for me? :)

15. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    Going back to my previous post on the Millennium Falcon guess appearance in ROTS do you guys expect us to see it through episodes 7, 8 & 9? bearing in mind this is many years later and it was a "pile of junk" in the classic trilogy?

16. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    I'd love it, personally.

Follow-up question to add to the mix: will it's design be updated/streamlined in any way?

17. Tornado Wrangler

Tornado Wrangler Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 22, 2013
    This post made me think.

I actually don't see why it was thought that the robes were Jedi garb to begin with. That wasn't established until Episode 1, and I think the idea of Jedi wearing robes is silly. Stick with me on this for a second . . .

The first Jedi we see in Star Wars is Ben Kenobi. This is what he wears.

[​IMG]

So it's established, Jedi wear robes . . .

Except that . . .
    [​IMG]

. . . so do a lot of other people on Tatooine. It's pretty standard for living in the desert.

So, why are we to think that Ben Kenobi, after 20 years on Tatooine, is dressing like a Jedi? It's dressing like a local!

My point is, before Episode I, there was no reason to think Jedi wore robes. Perhaps a hood like Luke and the Emperor did in RotJ, but not the desert robes we see in the prequels.

18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Anakin's ghost (Even the Shaw version) wore robes too. That kind of invalidates this...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    Maybe an advanced kind of force mind trick/telepathy? I think it makes all sense if he did.

20. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Not 100% sure when they began, but yes, that one shot was completed for inclusion in the ROTS DVD. It was a little teaser for future changes.

Dredalus and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Not really. The Endor ghosts were just toeing the line that Star Wars drew in Tatooine's sand.
    [​IMG]

Son of a Bith and Dredalus like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, cool. :) Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Dredalus likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    But Obi-Wan is better than Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar...

Any way, to the OP, Obi-Wan would have been slaughtered by Sidious and Yoda would have killed Anakin.

Dredalus likes this.
  24. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I sure hope they don't alter the look of the Falcon if they do put it in the ST.

25. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    There should be a row of ghost-younglings giving dead Vader the finger ;)

In all seriousness I like this picture.

Dredalus likes this.