main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    "I heartily agree with you, sir." /3po

The way I see it, the events of a film transpire the way that they do, and by the time something's happened there's nothing you can do about so why bother? ...does that make any sense at all? it's the logic train that's let a million plot holes in under my radar without complaint.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    It wasn't a hole, it was a plot device. See Darth Maul's appearance on Tatooine for details.
    Merging with random question thread.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  4. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Sorry if it's been asked before but, ? Should the Alliance have included the Jedi in ROTS?. It would have given the Jedi a few options when faced with the fact that Palps was a Sith. They could have asked Bail or someone for advice on trying to take him down, weather it be in the senate, by force, In public, Behind closed doors. I know it's not technically in the film but it's something that I thought about before, to me it would have been a good idea to include them.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the problem was- the Jedi don't trust politicians in general (Obi-Wan in AoTC of Padme "She's a politician. They're not to be trusted". After concluding that Dooku wasn't lying after all about "hundreds of Senators being influenced by a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious" they felt they couldn't trust anyone in the Senate.

6. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    That's a good point, I'd forgotten about that (I've also just remembered the conversation between Obi-Wan, Mace and Yoda at the end of AOTC). I just think it would have given the Jedi a few more options in trying to take down Palps, also Bail and Yoda I felt had a good friendship between them after all Bail did rescue Yoda twice. Maybe if Yoda knew that Bail was involved in the Alliance, then maybe there would have been enough trust. Also another point being that the Alliance and the Jedi both shared the same views (Palpatine's power) maybe that could have been enough for them to come together.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Alliance, at this stage, was very much embryonic- the Corellian Treaty, where the major groups joined up, was quite a long time in the future. Bail & Mon Mothma weren't very far along the path to rebellion, in RoTS.

8. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Hello there, I was just wondering if anyone had any scans from the issue of the Official Star Wars Fact Files several years ago now, where a profile was featured on the dinner dress that Padme wore at the Naboo retreat with Anakin in AOTC? I'm curious to know what was said about it. Thank you.

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  11. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Well, I'd imagine that there would at least be a superior equivalent to our Internet. Thus, people could have researched the Sith.

12. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Well, considering that Windu was regarded as perhaps the best swordsman among the Jedi, and Obi-Wan was not, yet Obi-Wan defeated Anakin, then we'd have to conclude that Windu would defeat Anakin. However, this may not necessarily be the case.

13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I have a Prequel question and I've asked one here before and no one got back to me, which is horrible customer service, but I'll try again, seeing that nobody's getting paid, at least that I am aware of. O.K.

Anakin states in TPM that he came to Tatooine when he was, 'three, I think'. Sold into slavery with his mother by Gardulla the Hutt. The question is...which planet is Anakin's home planet?

Thank you.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    No one answered because no one knows.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  15. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Anakin was born on spice freighter just over the orbit of Tatooine, where he remained for three years

source: top of my head ;)

Pensive Padme likes this.
  16. Morgan Freeman

Morgan Freeman Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2013
    Disney is making spin off movies. So for, say, Yoda's movie, will they include PT events? Or just start in Dagobah? And same with Obi-Wan? They seem to be trying to make us forget about these prequels.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think Disney is trying to make us "forget" the prequels, and yes, I think any spinoffs on prequel characters will include prequel events.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, they should not forget.

19. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Not focusing on prequels? That's fine; there's other time periods to focus on as well.

Contradicting the prequels? Not sure why they'd do that. Like 'em or not, the prequels were largely successful, and overriding them would just alienate audiences.

Disney is clearly focusing more on the OT era because that's the more logical choice for leading into the sequels. Personally, I think they did that a little abruptly. But I'll save my opinions until we actually see what they're capable of.

Alexrd and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want a movie focusing on a starfighter squadron of Eta-2 Interceptors.

21. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Don't see how they can. Rather than forget, they could choose to largely ignore. But to "forget" would imply they would do to the PT what Superman Returns tried to do to Superman III and IV. There's no way they would do that.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  23. TheDisharmony

TheDisharmony Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2013
    Who else besides Yoda can absorb/deflect force lightning?

Ok, so we've seen both Obi-wan and Mace block/deflect force lightning with their sabers but Yoda was the only one who demonstrated the ability to block, absorb, as well as deflect it from Dooku and Palpatine. Who else do you think can do that? Can Mace or Obi-wan do it with prep time? Cuz we did see Yoda get knocked backwards by Palpatine's lightning at the start of their duel but he seemed like he didn't know it was going to happen and that's why he was unprepared. Is Yoda so many leagues above Mace and other Jedi Masters in the force that he's the only one who can do it with bare hands?

24. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    Nobody as far as I'm aware anyway. I've heard rumblings that according to EU Plo Koon could do it, but I doubt whether there's any truth to that. Certainly as far as just the films go only Yoda.

25. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    Thinking about all the fights in the whole Star Wars saga, I can't help but feel that in the 10 fights that only 3 of them were going for the kill. Maul vs Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan, Yoda vs Sidious and possibly Vader vs Obi-Wan. All the other fights I get the impression that people where either holding out or there was a reason as not to go all out. Am I the only person who thinks this or do other people agree?.