main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    No worries, this thread can be used as a "catch-all" and as a "launch-point". For future reference; if a random question generates a significant response, posts can be split-off to form a new thread to host that specific discussion. If that ever happens and I don't see it, feel free to tag me, or start-up a conversation.:)

2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    How do you kill a Sith Lord? Slicing one in half or dismembering one doesn’t seem to guarantee their death…and with Episode VII looming, perhaps we will see that even throwing one down a reactor core doesn’t finish the job?

SithStarSlayer & anyone else! :p

3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Chopping off his head seems to work.. like Dracula. Hey, wait a minute... [face_thinking]

4. Gray_Jedi R

Gray_Jedi R Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2013
    Or maybe they just need lots and lost of love. They could die of an axfisiante hug... Kinda like Vader. [face_love]

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Sith Lords don't die, they get recycled...

lbr789 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They can survive ten years in a pit without their legs and the ability to go to the bathroom.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    You mean as in similar to soap (space) operas where no one ever really dies for certain?:p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I see it from teh Pharcyde... "going" wasn't his problem, Maul lacked the ability to put the brakes on.;)

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Their anger keeps them alive and also maintains control over major organ functions I guess.

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Darth_Nub, SithStarSlayer

At the end of ROTS Vader is informed by Sidious that he killed Padme'...is their any more details from the novelizations or otherwise that share Vader's reaction when he discovered later that Padme had given birth to his children, which would of course potentially nullify Sidious' statement since Padme would have had to live long enough after Anakin's force-choke to give birth, which would imply that he didn't kill her directly... as he was lead to believe.

Would be very interested to know Vader's inner reflections in this regards and how and when he discovered this truth if anything was ever written about it.

11. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Vader didn't know that the children had survived until after ANH, when his research uncovered the name of the Rebel who blew up the Death Star. He put two and two together and realized that Luke Skywalker must have been his son. He still never knew about Leia until his duel with Luke in ROTJ.

12. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Nothing beyond the EU, as far as I know (there was a comic series way back which covered Vader's discovery of the identity of the Rebel pilot who blew up the Death Star - but that was published before the PT came out).

Apart from the EU, which you really can't call definitive, post-ROTS, all you've got are OT-era sources, none of which address the issue (or Luke & Leia's mother, for that matter) at all. Of course, back then, it probably wasn't the case that Palps 'lied' to Anakin anyway.

The exchange between Vader & Palpatine in ESB (both OOT & SE) clearly indicates that Vader was keeping whatever feelings he had regarding the matter to himself. He doesn't start screaming at Palps' hologram that he'd been lied to.

Ananta Chetan and SithStarSlayer like this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Inner torment looks like THIS.​

***​
    AFAIK: Vader first learned about his offspring when he heard the last name.​

14. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Vader did kill Padme in his anger... from a certain point of view.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  16. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    GGrievous, you're going to find that many of the truth we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. [face_plain]

Vthuil likes this.
  17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That line [face_sick]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    *truths

GGrievous likes this.
  19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    A disturbing picture in my head

20. The True Sith'ari

The True Sith'ari Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2013
    I wouldn't be able to answer that officially, but with Mace as a master lightsaber duelist, and expert at form 7, debatably the most aggressive form, I'd give the edge to Mace in any fair fight between the two.

21. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    PT Will Toydarians make good Jedi/Sith Killers?

As seen on TPM Watto was not affected by Jedi Mind trick.

He states that this is because he is a Toydarian.

Watto: ...Here it is...a T-14 hyperdrive generator!! Thee in luck, I'm the only one hereabouts who has one...but thee might as well buy a new ship. It would be cheaper, I think...Saying of which, how's thee going to pay for all this?
    Qui-Gon: I have 20,000 republic dataries...
    Watto: Republic credits? Republic credits are no use out here. I need something different, something more real...
    Qui-Gon: I don't have anything else, but credits will do fine. [waves his hand, attempting to use the Jedi mind trick] Watto: No, they won'ta.

Qui-Gon: Credits will do fine. [tries the mind trick again] Watto: No, they won'ta! What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks won't work on me; only money. No money! No parts! No deal! And no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that.

I assume they are imune to force tricks.

So they should be really great Jedi/Sith Assasins.

22. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I guess they could, but it seems like they're not very interested in force-sensitive beings.

23. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Being immune to Jedi Mind Tricks doesn't really make them immune to lightsabers. I gotta think if QuiGon and Watto threw down, QuiGon would come out on top. Call it a hunch.

Count Yubnub and SlashMan like this.
  24. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    I mean Qui Gon has trained for more than 30 years, if Watto would had trained that same amount of time. He could win.

25. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I disagree. There is obviously a connection between force sensitivity and prowess with a lightsaber. Note that I am not saying it is a perfect correlation, but clearly someone who is force sensitive and trains for 30 years is going to be a better swordsman than someone who is not force sensitive and trains for 30 years. Plus Jedi would always have other tricks up their sleeves, such as a conveniently timed force push.