main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Well Yoda would've been far more comfortable in the cupboard on Padme's ship.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    A couple of very small questions...
    • Who was the last Jedi to be assassinated in the ROTS Order 66 scenes? (the female on the speeder bike)
    • In the films, why was Aayla Secura's skin color green and not blue as she is depicted in TCW and others?

3. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Stass Allie, Adi Gallia's cousin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    1) Stass Allie.
    2) She is blue in all depictions, even the films:
    [​IMG]

5. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

Hmm. Maybe the Felucia lighting was part of my confusion. Perhap also, the hue of blue used is a little more green-tinted in the films?
    [​IMG]

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue and teal have both been used for her skin tone.

7. LordThanatos

LordThanatos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 18, 2013
    Question! I'm wondering where on these boards should I post a question about star wars prequel posters? Thanks!

8. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    Here's a question: did Boba Fett know he was a clone of Jango, and not a naturally/traditionally born child?

I'm asking because I'm planning an OC/Jango fanfiction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the AoTC novelization he does:

p244 (shortly after escaping Obi-Wan on Kamino):

"I got him good with the laser cannon!"
    "You did great," Jango replied. "You fired at just the right time, and were right there, ready to help me in when it was time for us to go. You're learning well, Boba. Better than I ever believed possible."
    "That's because I'm a little you," the boy reasoned, but Jango was shaking his head.
    "You're better than I was at your age, and by a long way. And if you keep working hard, you'll be the best bounty hunter this galaxy's ever seen."
    "Which was your plan from the beginning with the Kaminoans, right? That's why you wanted me!"
    Jango Fett moved over and lifted one hand to tousle Boba's hair. "That, and a lot of other reasons," he said quietly, reverently. "And in every regard, in every hope and dream, you've done better than I ever expected."
    There was nothing that anyone in all the galaxy could have said to young Boba Fett to make him feel better than those words from his father.

And an earlier scene shows them on a fishing expedition, and also gives an idea of their father-son dynamic:

p120-121:

He exhaled deeply, as his father had taught him, using the technique to go perfectly steady, and then, as the prey turned sidelong, he snapped his arm forward, throwing the missile. Barely a meter from the boy's outstretched hand, the back of the missile glowed briefly, a sudden and short burst of power that shot it off like a blaster bolt, knifing through the water and taking the fish in the side, its barbed head driving through.
    With a shout of joy, the boy twisted the atlatl handle, locking the nearly invisible but tremendously strong line, and then, when the fish squirmed away enough to pull the line taut, the boy slowly and deliberately turned the handle, reeling in his catch.
    "Well done," Jango congratulated. "But if you had hit it a centimeter forward, you would have skewered the primary muscle just below the gill and rendered it completely helpless."
    The boy nodded, unperturbed that his father, his mentor, could always find fault, even in success. The boy knew that his beloved father did so only because it forced him to strive for perfection. And in a dangerous galaxy, perfection allowed for survival.
    The boy loved his father even more for caring enough to criticize.

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Watto: "You've come to the right place...";)

11. LordThanatos

May 18, 2013
    So.. like.. in this thread? Or in the prequel trilogy section? Hahahha.

Well, what I'm wondering is.. if anyone know where to find maxi posters (24"x36"/ 61x91.5cm) of the prequels. The original posters made by Drew Struzan. So far I've only found maxi posters from the classic trilogy. What I want to do is put up one poster from each of the six films in my room but I want them in the same size.

12. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Here's something I've wondered about for a while...what is the significance of Obi-Wan's pose/gesture below (with two fingers of his left hand extended) as he begins his fight with Grievous? Is it related to some specific style of dueling associated with him (in the novelizations and/or EU)? Also, I can't remember--does he strike this particular pose/stance in any other scenes in ROTS or in TPM/AOTC? Sarge (hope you don't mind the tag, Sarge:) ...I know from some of your posts/threads around here that you know a lot about fighting styles, etc., so I thought maybe you would know the answer)

[​IMG]

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Pensivia, I don't mind the tag at all. Here's my free analysis, guaranteed to be worth every penny or your money back.

The saber is in a position that 14th century Italian swordmaster Fiore de Liberi would refer to as "poste di finestre" or the guard position of the window. The blade is in a good position to defend the head from attack, and to launch a quick thrust into the face of the opponent. Fiore usually recommends keeping both hands on the hilt to ensure a strong defense and a powerful attack, and that's how I like to use that position. And IIRC, Luke took that same position with both hands on the hilt as he went berserk on Vader aboard the DS2. The only reason I would stick my left hand out like that would be for balance; I suspect Obi Wan has most of his weight on his back foot and he may be trying to shift his center of gravity forward to keep himself better balanced.

As for the 2 fingers... ummm... he's using the Force... ?

Pensivia likes this.
  14. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    From my limited knowledge...it is the opening stance of Soresu, one of the main lightsaber forms. Here's the Wookiepedia page link:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_III:_Soresu

:)

Pensivia likes this.
  15. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    Here's a good question: what time period on Earth is relative to the time periods in Star Wars?

I know the "Star Tours" that are mentioned had ships that went to Earth. But what would they find on Earth when they went there? Would it be ancient times, medieval times, Victorian or modern times?

This is an odd question, I know, but I'm curious.

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.

16. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks Sarge and Ananta Chetan. Very interesting...(and of course, there's also the "that looks SO cool" factor to his pose:p)

17. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    And

Yoda: "Miss him, do not. Mourn him, do not. Rejoice that he is dead, yes? Mmm...."

Padme: <dies out of grief>

Yoda: "Mm...a mistake, that might have been. The children, what do I do with?'

But yeah, as others said, Yoda has one thing that Obi-Wan lacked. Absolutely no connection to Anakin. However, I will say that once he killed Anakin and rushed to confront Palpatine, he would likely discover the corpse of Obi-Wan along the way, maybe with a sign saying, "Come and get me, little green man" nearby because that would be just the sort of thing Palpatine would do?

TaradosGon likes this.
  18. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    The sign would be written in Kenobi's blood though...

19. LordThanatos

May 18, 2013
    Ok, so I've been trying to look for an answer but haven't found it.

Go to 7:35

Why is Anakin waving his hand to them? Jedi mind trick? What kind of Jedi mind trick..?? That Twi'lek seems to be awfully interested in him afterwards. Ahmed Best is checking him out too. [face_thinking]

20. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Interesting topic, but we'll never know for sure. Ever since the Whills was expelled from the plot, Lucas was focused on keeping the real world separate from the Star Wars universe.

If you wanna get creative and treat 3PO and R2's cameos in Indiana Jones as more than an Easter Egg, you could say that it was before biblical times. According to the Whills idea, the story of the Skywalkers was recounted by R2 100 years after the Battle of Endor.

Padawan Fangirl likes this.
  21. Ellen Joan Sparling

Ellen Joan Sparling Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2013
    Is Palpatine rational or not? from what I've heard, he believes himself to be the "savior" of the galaxy, yet also seems to think that being a brutal killer helps save the galaxy.

22. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Wow, that would definitely be something Palpatine would do. Then when Yoda confronts him, Palpatine ignites both lightsabers, his own...and Kenobi's lightsaber.

Vialco and Chewbacca89 like this.
  23. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Most of that is just lies to convince others that he's doing what's best for everyone. He himself knows his plans are merely self-serving.

Also, what's the word on lightsabers being used underwater? Obi-Wan couldn't use his in the swamps of Naboo because it was immersed in water (a deleted scene further explains this by saying he forgot to switch the power off). But in the Clone Wars microseries (which is usually very close to the movies), Kit Fisto actually activates and uses his lightsaber underwater. Retcon, or is his lightsaber special?

24. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Does Qui-Gon underreact when Shmi practically tells him she had a virgin birth?

Surely Qui-Gon would have a stronger reaction given that what Shmi said was pretty unprecedented in the history of the galaxy. Or maybe I am wrong and there have been virgin births via midichlorians before this point.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I would assume that Kit's lightsaber was specially modified to work underwater. Obi-Wan's is more of a standard model, so it won't work when wet.

SlashMan likes this.