main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Mace wins this, he defeated Palpatine, a guy that Yoda couldn't defeat. Anakin has no chance here.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why is Yoda so nonchalant when he reasons that the prophecy might have been misread.

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Aayla vs Darth Talon

So, in a fight between these two twilik babes, one a master of the light side, the other a master of the dark...who would emerge the victor? (ofcourse, us male audience members obviously, but apart from that...)

4. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    What's required to block Sith Lightning with a lightsaber? Obi-Wan seems to do it w/ ease in AOTC, but Mace, not so much.

5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I think it's simply because Sidious is so much more powerful than Dooku that his is far stronger. Consider than in AOTC Yoda can contain and send back Dooku's lightning with no struggle yet in ROTS he can't control Sidious'.

Jo Lucas and TheMandalorian115 like this.
  6. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Oh I see. But still, do they have to learn how to do so? I think someone mentioned somewhere on the boards that you have to use the force to concentrate the lightning into your lightsaber... Something along those lines.

7. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Dude...if you actually find Twi'leks hot you've got bigger issues that who wins this fight... lol

Secura would win. All Darth Talon ever did was get beating after beating by the Jedi. She's never been shown to be a capable duelist.

8. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    :D

I know she got beaten by Cade, which was ridiculous but hey, he was the hero and a skywalker. Luke also crushed Vader in their second encounter after only a week or two of training, compared to Vader's lifetime of training.

But she did crush that Imperial Knight bodyguard of the princess what's her name. And she killed her mentor Ruyn before he could sense her attack. And she was chosen as Krayt's personal hitwoman. So I believe she was talented and had potential.

I like how both Secura and Talon have really skinny outfits.

9. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Imperial Knights have a storied combat history of...80 years? In comparison to the Jedi/Sith their zygotes.

Also if you read Claws of the Dragon you would be aware that Ruyn gave up his life so that she could touch the dark side. He knew she was going to kill him and he did nothing to prevent it. It resulted in a more powerful One Sith, that's what they were all about. Striking down an unarmed opponent doesn't really count as combat experience.

So that's her victory resume. She's defeated a Force adept and killed her defenseless Master.

Secura would win.

10. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    i never knew Darth Talon was in the prequals..

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Disney should fix that.

Indeed.
    Having said that, this topic would be a great addition to the random question thread.;)

Jo Lucas likes this.
  12. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I did read an interview online some time ago where GL stated that initially Jar-Jar was going to be a bounty hunter character in the PM...I just can't see him in that sort of role his look (if it's the one they would have gone with) just doesn't lend himself to a Boba type of role?

I'm not to up to speed with the PM characters but have any others of them had a career change like Jar-Jar and would Jar-Jar now be loved like Boba if he was a bounty hunter or would he still be disliked by the majority (not me) SW community?

13. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I think he would be hated even more.

14. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    As his main character trait was being clumsy........it wouldn't lend to the skill set of a bounty hunter.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Don't bring this up! It may give Disney ideas...

Aaronaman likes this.
  16. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
  17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    SithStarSlayer Can I like my own post? :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    So glad that the image of Binks includes a little bit of the poodoo that he stepped in.:p

19. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Was Darth Maul apart of Sidious final plan or was being used like Doku. If he never died would Sidious still try to turn Anakin or would he get Maul to just kill him. What was Darth Maul potential was he going to be Sidious successor.

20. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Who cares?!

21. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Ah maybe Godlike as he's the one that posted it....good solid contribution though GA, keep up he good work lol

22. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    He's dead we will never know.

With darth maul you get half the story.

23. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Excellent use of question marks.

Anyway, I do believe that the Plagueis novel implied that Sidious had planned on using Maul permanently, but he did not know about Anakin until after he had already made Maul his apprentice. I'm sure that he would have disposed of Maul just like he did with Dooku had he learned of Anakin's potential.

Jedi Knight Fett and CT-867-5309 like this.
  24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I care.

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I just watched AotC again and the Jango clones are shown at three stages of development - child (played by Daniel Logan) and adult (Temuera Morrison). There seems to be an intermediate age clone there too - are my eyes deceiving me and that's actually just a made-up Temuera Morrison, or is it a different actor who just happens to bear a huge resemblance to Jay Laga'aia?

This has been bugging me for years.

Jo Lucas likes this.