main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    Anakin would've died and Obi-Wan would've died

2. jedimasterluke3000

jedimasterluke3000 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2013
    hey i just found out in one of the books that in palpatine's office is a urn containing the ashes of his master. my question is what are all the books containing information like that on the prequels and maybe the original trilogy as well?

3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The book that mentioned Plagueis' ashes are in the urn is in the Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary. It's great book. I do recommend it. I aso have the TPM and AOTC visual dictionaries, there's some good stuff in them too, but ROTS in the best. I don't have OT visual dictionaries, so I can't comment on them.

You may also want to check out the novelizations of each movie. Again ROTS is great. Some of the other novels too. Darth Plagueis is one of my faves. There's also the Jedi Path and Book of Sith.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I kinda knew since 2005. :p

mes520 likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This is what you're asking for:

[​IMG]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  6. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    So he hid a lightsaber in his office, and now it turns out he had the ashes of his former master in his office as well. Does anyone else know of any other things he had hidden in his office?

7. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Yes, I heard he kept a Battle Droid head in his lower left hand desk drawer. It could only say two things,

"Roger Roger, or, Oh Noooo!"

When he had big decisions to make, he would use it like a Magic Eight Ball. Ask a question, shake it, and wait for a reply.

Vthuil and Alexrd like this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Bottom right hand drawer has a legion of his best troops and a bag of dead moisture farmers sour apple jolly ranchers.;)

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Skittles*

10. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, that's all covered in Darth Plagueis. Dooku and Palps had been talking for awhile before Dooku decided to leave.

It's not easy being a Sith. Not much room for error.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. farinal

farinal Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2014
    Considering how the Jedi acted during the Mandolorian Wars I fail to understand why they have joined the Clone Wars? Even the Mandolorian Wars was a war of aggression and invasion yet this one was a war of seccession. I don't understand why did the Jedi Council joined this war instead of staying neutral?

12. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    iirc, they were pretty much forced into it. A rescue attempt ended up turning into an all-out battle with the Separatist forces. It was too late to declare themselves neutral.

13. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    The question should be Why did the Jedi fall so easily for the trap set by Count Dooku and Sidious, and why did they allow programmed Battle Droids to Slaughter many of their number, I thought the Jedi were supposed to be a legendary and powerful force............

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Jedi aren't invincible. They can be tricked, or they can be overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers.

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The main excuse is that Sidious shrouded the Force. I have always taken that to mean he is meant to have deceived the entire Order which is indeed quite a feat as he was with several of the 'elite' for a long time. However, the Jedi were likewise complacent and haughty in their belief no one was above them so their own foolishness is their downfall to me.

timmoishere likes this.
  16. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Is there a particular reason that GL decided to have Palpatine be behind everything? Palpatine being behind everything is my favorite part of the PT.

17. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    How were the hover vehicles that travelled above the lava's surface on Mustafar controlled? I had assumed that the Jedi were using the Force to guide their vehicles, but we also see the Mustafarians using them as well? [face_dunno]

18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    How does Anakin building C-3PO make the galaxy "smaller"?

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Um...it doesn't?

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Luke adventuring with a droid his father built, that came into his possession essentially at random, is kind of a contrived coincidence.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    ...Or a delightful detail displaying the will of the Force. ;)

SithStarSlayer and Iron_lord like this.
  22. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    In Episode III, I swear I saw Sidious lose his lightsaber out the window. But then he has it again when Yoda shows up. Did my eyes deceive me?

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He has a 2nd one.

24. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    Isn't that cheating? ;)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012