main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not really.

He destroyed the Sith and brought balance to the Force. He was the Chosen One. So what the Jedi gleaned from the prophecy was correct.

I mean, I know the prophecy didn't say "the Chosen One becomes a Sith and stays on the dark side for 23 years before bringing balance to the Force". But I don't think that counts as anyone misreading it. In fact, according to the ROTS novel it doesn't even say the Chosen One would be a Jedi.

Jo Lucas, Ananta Chetan and EHT like this.
  2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Did Qui Gon impose his will upon the Order's general perception of the prophecy by promising to train the boy? That is the question.

3. Bushy162

Bushy162 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2011
  4. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Are the events of Labyrinth of Evil mentioned in the movies, or was Cato Neimoidia included in LOE because of the movie script?

5. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    How exactly did the shroud of the Dark Side fall upon the galaxy? From the movies it appears to be a literal thing, that blocks a Jedi's future sight ability. But how did it come to be? Did it happen automatically, i.e. the dark side somehow overpowering the light side, or did Sidious do it somehow?

If so, how? How could he alone do something like that?

(please do not quote the Plagueis novel. I only want in movie rationale/explanations)

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The movie doesn't give a rationale, or explanation.

Thus, EU explanations are as good as any.

"Plagueis and Palpatine did it" in short.

7. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I feel like since the Sith had been extinct for so long, the Jedi were not used to feeling a Sith's presence. When Palpatine finally became chancellor of the Repubic, I feel like his strength in the Dark Side had clouded their minds and suspicions, seeing a they hadn't dealt with something like that in a over a millennium.

8. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    G
    Girl? I think?

Jo Lucas likes this.
  9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Where were the Geonosis scenes filmed? Tunisia? I ask this because of the sand.

Or did they just dump sand into a studio and make everything else CG?

TheMandalorian115 likes this.
  10. Bushy162

Bushy162 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone tell me whether this image was ever released as a poster?

11. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013

IMHO Palpatine been toying with Mace form the start , he plan all this to force Anakin to kill Mace and it's all like what he foreseen, I don't think Mace can beat the **** out of Palpatine no matter how good mace is, it's strange that the dark lord is that weak, he look too frail.

Cynicalx likes this.
  12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Image fail.

14. Graves101

Graves101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 28, 2013
    In great detail, if possible, how do you think an Infinities scenario like this would play out? What if Yoda submitted to Kenobi's request and went to face Darth Vader, while Obi-Wan faced Palpatine?

kainee and Sitara like this.
  15. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Obi-Wan would have died. I think Yoda vs Anakin would have been a bit closer, but ultimately I think Yoda would defeat Vader. Anakin's form has a lot of sweeping strikes and is based on power rather than finesse, I don't think he would have been able to overcome Yoda's speed.

But in the end as long as the Emperor survived the Empire would continue, run by the Sith. On another note I know a lot of people think Obi-Wan and Yoda should have confronted Palpatine together, but look what Palpatine did when he was confronted by 4 Jedi. Numbers don't always equal an advantage in lightsaber combat. I think either way he would have killed Obi-Wan.

16. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I feel that Yoda and Vader would have been a great duel to watch, but it would have been weird. They are both aggressive duelers, but with Yoda being all over the place and very quick with his strikes, it would have challenged Anakin a lot more, and eventually, I think, would have gotten the best of him. Anakin and Yoda didn't have much of an in depth relationship compared to that of Obi Wan and Anakin. I feel like movie-wise, Obi Wan needed to be the one to fight Anakin since they were like brothers. Obi Wan cared more about Anakin's heart than any of the other council members. The only thing that held him back from ending the duel early was that he wanted to reason with Anakin, he wanted his friend back.

Obi Wan and Sidious would have been quite awkward. I feel that Obi Wan would have defeated in seconds compared to the Sith lord's power. Obi Wan was a more defensive fighter and Sidious was very aggressive, but I think stronger in his aggression than Obi Wan in his defense.

zompusbite, Darth Dnej and kainee like this.
  17. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    If we are basing off film choreography than Obi-Wan would mop the floor with Sidious and his arthritis ridden strikes.

But if we are basing it off movie canon......

18. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I think that (a) Yoda would have mopped the floor with Anakin and (b) the Obi-Sidious duel would have been very, very interesting.

Grievousdude and Sitara like this.
  19. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    Sidious would have destroyed Obi-Wan. Even if we pretend the quick murdering of three Jedi Masters (including Kit Fisto, at least as good a lightsaber duellist as Kenobi) by Sidious didn't happen, I don't think Obi-Wan would have had the strength to counter Sidious's use of the Force as much as Yoda was able to. Plus Sidious would have the motivation of the death of Kenobi helping to further enmesh Anakin in the dark side, or perhaps it's better to speak of the Dark Side being stronger in Sidious if he were fighting Kenobi, rather than 'motivation'.

As for Yoda vs Anakin, interesting. We never saw Yoda fight with all his strength: he didn't want to kill Dooku, and Dooku wanted to escape with the plans he was carrying. I think Yoda would have beaten Anakin in the event of a duel, but I wonder whether there would have been a duel had Yoda gone after Anakin. It was the appearance of Obi-Wan from Padme's ship that ended any hope of his (Anakin's) redemption. I don't think Yoda would have gone in for something as underhand as that, so Padme would have arrived first and alone. Would she then have been successful in convincing him that, with the Separatist leaders dead, the most important thing was to run away (to Naboo, or Alderaan, or wherever) so she could have their child? I think she might have been.

20. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    They should have ganged up on one, and then the other.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Okay, I'll speculate, just for fun.

Let's say Yoda hitches a ride with Padme. I don't think Anakin would think Padme was boning Yoda, so he wouldn't have reacted as violently, so I'll say Padme doesn't get choked. Yoda vs Anakin would have been awesome, with Anakin really showing off his potential. A duel between those two would have been like two magnets smashing into each other, rebounding and then smashing into each other again, over and over, like an infinity loop. In the end I think Anakin's reckless fury gets the best of him again, but instead of jumping to his dismemberment, he simply leaves himself open and Yoda zooms by with a one hit kill. Yoda makes sure he's dead, Anakin doesn't survive this one.

The stress puts Padme in labor and she leaves Mustafar with Yoda. She gives birth to the twins and survives.

Oh yeah, Palpatine skewers Kenobi with ease.

Yoda doesn't bother attacking Palpatine, he's too entrenched at this point. Padme and Yoda take the kids to some backwater planet, not Dagobah. Padme raises the kids as their mother should, and Yoda starts their Jedi training early. The twins grow up without any other kids around them, so you know incest happens. They head off to join the Rebellion around age 18, they spend time away from each other and with other people, so they knock off the incest. Eventually the twins square off against the Emperor and his new apprentice. The Emperor tries to turn them by telling them Yoda and Padme killed their father, but then they're like "We know, they told us what happened. They told us you made our father ka-razy". The Emperor pits his apprentice against the twins, but he can't take them alone, so the Emperor joins the fight. Because the Sith are idiots, they end up fighting each other, and the twins use the opportunity well. The Emperor and his apprentice are killed, the Empire falls, and the heroes and the galaxy live happily ever after. The twins totally start making out and the credits roll.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Please, I can see it. [face_shame_on_you] :p

But Sx3, I have one question to ask you:

r u a sith or jedi master?

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    My name says it all.
    ;)

24. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    Now that you mention that, I actually wonder why they didn't.

Only solution I can think of (and it doesn't really satisfy me) is that Yoda, knowing what happened in Palpatine's office (specifically to the other three Jedi) thought that nobody but him could even survive crossing lightsabers with the Emperor.

Without the affair angle though, would it perhaps be possible that Padme would have been able to persuade Anakin against the dark side? Though he didn't think much of Yoda's advice when he asked him for help earlier in ROTS, I wonder whether Yoda's generally calming manner (and the fact that Anakin never seemed to clash openly with Yoda to the extent that he did Mace Windu or even Obi-Wan) combined with his love for Padme might have been enough.

Darth Dnej and kainee like this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Anakin didn't want to come back and nothing could persuade him at that point.

If Padme asking him to run away with her before Obi-Wan even revealed himself didn't work, nothing would. Not even the sight of Padme's fallen body stopped Anakin.

Yoda wouldn't have even gotten a "don't make me kill you" line from Anakin. I imagine Anakin would have told Padme to get out of the way so he could kill Yoda, and if she didn't he would have just moved her.