main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Its an interesting question. Also keep in mind that Vadar was apparently not aware of the fact that he was the father of twins until ROTJ.

2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it was overconfidence. Also Palpatine was probably really busy after ROTS. He has a new apprentice. A new Empire and all the diplomacy. A war ending, etc, etc. So I could see why he might overlook checking to see how Padme dies.

But, and this is a crazy idea here, what if Palpatine suspected the child had lived and decided to let Kenobi take him, raise, and train him/them? Kind of like how he let the Jedi raise and train Anakin.

Andy Wylde and PCCViking like this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why is it that Aks Moe speaks Galactic Basic yet Ask Aak, who's a member of the same species and comes from the same planet, doesn't speak Galactic Basic?

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've seen people say in a couple of places that a Jedi in the background of the arena battle on Geonosis can be seen using a double-bladed lightsaber. Is this really true, and does anyone have any pictures of it? I've been able to spot some double-wielding Jedi, but none with double-bladed lightsabers.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    When I Google it, it appears to have been discussed before - that it was Joclad Danva:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Joclad_Danva

- and that, for a moment, his duel-wield looks like a single saberstaff with different colored ends - but only for a moment.

Jedi Knight Fett and Vthuil like this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

But would he have also suspected that Leia was also Padme's child?

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Has there ever been an explanation, in the old EU or otherwise, for exactly what Obi-Wan is referring to in AOTC when he tells R4 to scramble his message to Coruscant "care of the old folks' home"? Obviously it's code for something to do with the transmission, but I'm just curious if there was ever a specific explanation.

8. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Could Aayla Secura (hot and talented in the movies and the Clone Wars and..well just about hot all the time!) have survived and could she be brought back in the new movies or in stories (preceding ROTS or Episode 8 onward)?

Aayla was a very talented Jedi Knight and drop dead gorgeous. Was she killed for sure?

Could she return in Episode 8?

Could she be brought back in her Clone Wars form for a series or movie?

Please NO EPISODE 7 spoilers whatsoever, NOT EVEN FROM THE TRAILERS!!

Keep this thread spoiler clean for all fans please.

Could Aayla make a comeback?

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Moving into the dedicated thread for questions.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. As seen in RotS, the clones made sure of that.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How do we know she was "very talented" (per movies, only, anyway)? And "saving" characters because they're either "hot" or "badass" is not a very good story telling reason to resurrect them. IMHO.

Seagoat likes this.
  12. Darth Darthious

Darth Darthious Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2015
    I always find it dumb that the Jedi were killed so easily by clone troopers during order 66. Yoda sensed it but all the other Jedi didn't which is kind of pathetic. Why couldn't they sense that they were about to be blasted?

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because the dark side clouds everything.

Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Because the Clones had no feelings of ill will to pick up on - they were merely following orders. (At least, originally, with the "chip recon" that may have changed.)

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The chip recon means they won't even be believing "the Jedi are traitors" the moment they get the order - which was what the Contingency Order explanation meant.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe he means the Jedi Temple? They could scramble his message, maybe?

Plus, He sot of has has a reason for calling it the old folks home, as there are a lot of elderly masters there.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    And Yoda and Mace were the senior/leading members of the Council.

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Code - it was code.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "It's an older code - but it checks out" :D

20. Ricky Brandenburg

Ricky Brandenburg Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2015
    First post here. Long time lurker.

It took Anakin's flesh and blood being nearly destroyed to turn him back from the Dark Side. For all intents and purposes, Yoda's statement of Vader being consumed by the Dark Side was correct. Nothing Obi Wan did during their confrontation could change that.[/

21. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    It is. He's saying "care of the old folks' home" so that if someone were listening on his recording, they wouldn't think twice about it. If he said, "care of the Jedi Temple" then he risks exposure and danger. The former just makes potential eavesdroppers think he's really talking about some home for old people.

22. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    Yeah, here's a random question that has nothing to do with TFN: Does anyone know where I can buy Prequel apparel? I swear if I see another Boba Fett, Darth Vader, or Empire Strikes Back themed shirt I'll scream.

Andy Wylde, Darthmaul208 and mes520 like this.
  23. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    You'll have to try online. Try Her Universe

24. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    It definitely exists..... Just 6st in smaller numbers.

25. HighlanderC

HighlanderC Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    The most Yoda could have done was make Anakin flee... The reality is that Yoda as bringer of the light wouldn't engage in a force contest by itself except force push. That being said had Yoda confronted vader/Anakin, Yoda would have lost... I said this before but Anakin would have prevailed for raw power and having both sides of the force as his ally. His emotions would have not been hampered.Anakin was ALWAYS holding back in his confrontations. Yoda fighting ANaking would be the same as Yoda fighting Grand Master Luke.