main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Please don't assume that you have all the facts behind my last post. As far as I am concerned the issue is now OBE. If you wish to continue the discussion PM me.

2. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I don't think these boards have the most well trained or professional mods, JS...

It is the special features part of the DVD for AOTC.

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    If you want to complain about us, PM us or the admins. Please don't derail the thread further.

heels1785 and mes520 like this.
  4. Andrelious

Andrelious Jedi Knight

Sep 26, 2012
    Suppose Obi-Wan gets more badly injured, or dies, during the duel with Dooku. Without his Master, does Anakin fall to the dark side far faster, perhaps when meeting with Grievous? Is that what Palpatine HOPED would happen?

5. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015
    Possible, I am guessing that Anakin would want revenge. :)

I would write something else, but It can be spoiler-ish, and I have no idea how to mark it as spoiler[face_blush]

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

I suspect Palpatine hoped so or he was curious to see if Anakin would leave him behind. Also I agree that Anakin might have fallen slightly quicker.

7. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Moving to the random questions thread.

9. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm wondering what would have happened to General Grievous if the Separatists had won the Clone Wars?

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The entire Clone Wars were a sham orchestrated by Palpatine. They could never have "won." If Grievous had survived Utapau, he would have been the first on Anakin's list of Separatists to kill.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the ROTS novel, the necessity of killing Grievous, is part of what makes Utapau "win-win" for Palpatine:

As has been said, the textbook example of a Jedi trap is the one that was set on Utapau, for Obi-Wan Kenobi. It worked perfectly.
    The final element essential to the creation of a truly effective Jedi trap is a certain coldness of mind—a detachment, if you will, from any desire for a particular outcome.
    The best way to arrange matters is to create a win-win situation.
    For example, one might use as one's proxy a creature that not only is expendable, but would eventually have to be killed anyway. Thus, if one's proxy fails and is destroyed, it's no loss— in fact, the targeted Jedi has actually done one a favor, by taking care of a bit of dirty work one would otherwise have to do oneself.
    And the final stroke of perfection is to organize the Jedi trap so that by walking into it at all, the Jedi has already lost.
    That is to say, a Jedi trap works best when one's true goal is merely to make sure that the Jedi in question spends some hours or days off somewhere on the far side of the galaxy. So that he won't be around to interfere with one's real plans.

So that by the time he can return, it will be already too late.

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Why did Padme Naberrie change her last name to Amidala?

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a "throne name" - and not without precedent - plenty of historical monarchs have assumed a new name on taking the throne.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Ah, I didn't know that! Can you recall any examples?

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    A couple of Prince Alberts of England took the throne as King George VI and King Edward VII, for example. And a Prince John of Scotland took the throne as King Robert III.

I believe that Egyptian pharaohs also worked that way - heir names being changed on coronation.

16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Yep. Memory fails me at the moment, but before Tutankhamen took the throne, he had a different name.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    ^ And when I assume to the throne Presidency of the United States, I will be forever known as Lord Bazinga'd. :p

mes520, Seagoat and DARTHLINK like this.
  18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yessir, Mr. President, POTUS sir. :p

mes520 likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Was it always Sheevs plan to convert the Chosen one and did the with even know if the prophecy?

20. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    What if Yoda has been able to kill Darth Sidious in Revenge of the Sith? Would it have stopped anything?

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I believe according to the Darth Plagueis book, he had just planned on training Maul so that he could either use him to wipe out the Jedi or continue to Rule of Two tradition of the Sith. It wasn't until after Maul's death that he decided to set his sights on Anakin.

It would have eliminated the Sith. It seems Yoda believed that killing both Sith then and there would somehow fix everything, but the novelization goes into his mind during the duel and he has an epiphany that it would really accomplish nothing in the long run.

22. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

It would have killed Vader too since Sidious wouldn't have been able to rescue him.

Though if Palpatine had died shortly after declaring himself Emperor, the newly born Empire would have thrown into chaos. Mas Ameeda presumably would have been next in line Emperor, but Senators and other power hungry beings probably would have tried to take control. It probably lead to another war.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  23. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Just realized something:

If midiochlorians, the Force-giving cells apparently, reside in all living things, then...why aren't household pets Force users? Why aren't trees Force users?

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    There has to be a minimum amount of midi-chlorians per cell in order to be Force-sensitive. The more you have, the stronger in the Force you can be.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Who says they aren't? Maybe trees can use the force in different ways to animals?

Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.