main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Why didn't Obi-Wan mention in ROTS that Dooku was right when he said that a Sith Lord was in charge of the Senate.
    Never seemed logical in my opinion.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Jedi were all investigating the leaders of the Senate, majorly Palpatine, showing that they were following up on their senses that the Dark Side surrounds him, and Dooku's hints.

They just never suspected Palpatine himself until it was too late.

3. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Canon source?

No mention in ROTS?

4. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Funny enough. I just found this article. Its trying to re-imagine a middle aged Anakin Skywalker by fusing Hayden and Sebastian Shaw's face.

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-would...er-look-like-kinda-like-your-dad-darth-vader/

Huttese 101 likes this.
  5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That's just their implication behind their investigations of Palpatine in ROTS.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    So a Journal of the Whills thread showed that the original script would be the basis of TPM. Does that mean George knew how to start the PT after he finished the originals or did he decide to use that draft as a basis later in the process?

Of course I know he didn't know The Separatists Grievous etc. yet but in 1994, did he know to start with an invasion of a peaceful planet, etc.?

7. Plainview

Plainview Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Repeating this question cuz I thought it was good.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why did Sheev want the Trade Federation to wipe out the Gungans?

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @darklordoftech Sheev just had a grudge against them from Childhood?

Speaking of which it's often overlooked- Padme Says "You're a Gungan aren't you?". What was the contact between them before hand then? Didn't they teach about them in school? Like a sorta weird fringe lesson taught with Puberty?

Huttese 101 likes this.
  10. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    The Gungans and the Naboo didn't get along. Plus, the Gungans lived in relative isolation from the Naboo, so it's very likely Padme had never seen one.
    I think there where certain ideas from the Journal of the Whills that made their way into Episode I (the name Mace Windu, the mention of a Confederacy) but part of the problem is that only a page or so has been published and shown to the public ( the other two pages remain a mystery) so It's a bit hard to tell.

Deliveranze and Darthmaul208 like this.
  11. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    What do you mean? What do Gungans have to do with human puberty? Why is adolescence an ideal time to teach Naboo schoolchildren about Gungans?

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well at that time, school teach you all about things that before you weren't really meant to know.
    Gungans I assume would be talked about as rumours kinda like the bogeyman. Then the school would confirm Gungans actually exist.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  13. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Oh now I understand. That's an interesting idea. The Gungans could almost be some kind of urban legend deal among Naboo children.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    It is.

Where I live the town is supposedly the place a "big cat"/ "black shuck" roams. It's been sighted by many people throughout history and may have been the inspiration for Sherlock Holmes story The Hound of the Baskervilles when Arthur Conan Doyle visited the town.

As a child (and my imagination is about 100000x most people's) I always expected that during the "puberty lessons" the school would reveal the creature does exist and possibly give us guidance on what to do if we encounter it.

They didn't, still people continue to see it every now and again but no body has conclusively found it actually exists.

My Grandad says he saw it one night driving but again there's not much proof other than alot of stories and sightings.

I could probably dig out a good magazine article about it, if I remember where I put it.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This. Jar Jar says that Otoh Gunga is isolationist.

16. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Re-watching The Phantom Menace, a line that got me thinking was when Obi-Wan mentioned that the Gungans and the Naboo shared a symbiotic bond. Which seemed to be quite the contrary based on their current situation; they had both been far removed for some time (what seems like generations), and have both found their own prosperity without the other's involvement.

Was he simply saying that an attack on the Gungans was imminent if the Naboo fell? Was he suggesting that the Naboo and the Gungans had some sort of history prior to their isolation?

Darth Formidious likes this.
  17. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think he was saying that they both were part of the same planet being attacked; the Federation wasn't going to spare the Gungans while attacking the Naboo.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I think there may have been a mutually beneficial relationship between Gungan's and the Naboo people. It was stated their two societies have always "co-existed in peace" and perhaps occupy their own part of the niche in the ecosystem of Naboo. If either one is effected, it would have wider implications on other organisms (both sentient and non-sentient) due to the planet-wide chaos bought along with war.

SlashMan likes this.
  19. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I like that idea. There's always seemed to be some sort of interesting inferred relationship between the two.

Darth Formidious likes this.
  20. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    During Order 66 several important Jedi are shot down by clone forces. I was wondering what happened to the fallen Jedi corpses. Would they have been buried alongside other war casualties, or would they have been sent to a lab, like those on Kamino? What is your opinion?

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    They may have been taken for storage, in coffin like boxes, like the one Luminara's body was stored in in Rebels.

22. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    As it's a relatively minor Q,

Merging with random Qs thread

23. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Why did the Sith feel the need to reveal themselves to the Jedi in TPM?. I've never understood why it would be a good move for them, Surely it would have been more wise to wait for as long as possible. It would have made it even more difficult for the Jedi to stop they're ultimate plan.

24. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Because at that point, all the "chess pieces" were already in place, it was now just a matter of stretching the Jedi's resources thin and using politics to hamper their progress.

25. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    But it was still a mistake, the Jedi easily indentfied Maul as a Sith. They could easily have blown there grand plan. Surely it would have made more sense to wait it out. They could still use politics to progress and thin out the Jedi, Palpatine was already on the way to becoming supreme chancellor before Maul was sent to deal with the Jedi. Why would you let your sworn enemy know that you where back in the galaxy and a serious threat, why would you risk your grand plan?. The sith could have remained hidden until at least revenge of the sith, and only then might they have revealed themselves (and that would only be if Palpatine still wanted Vader as an apprentice) if he still had Maul then there would still be no reason to reveal themselves at all.