main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm Not sure if this is relevant to ur question. But IMO the reason Maul lost was Obi got Angry And aggressive. Which at first doesn't end well for him, but then while hanging, calms down and jumps and
    kills him.

Berry Kenobi likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Or Maul got overconfident and arrogant.

Zejo the Jedi, Berry Kenobi and B99 like this.
  3. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Was Dooku also Jedi Master Sifo Dyas? Who was/is Sifo Dyas?

4. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    You didn't watch The Clone Wars? :(
    It's answered in "The Lost One".

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  5. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Thanks I'll check out the episode summary.

6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

The short answer is that they are two different people.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I have a question about the Naboo Palace in Theed:

So, in TPM, the palace looks like this:

[​IMG]

There's one clear entryway, and the other side is a cliff.

However, in AOTC, Anakin and Padme go to this palace:

[​IMG]

This time, there's a massive courtyard out the front, and the palace itself has differing architecture. And yet they still end up in the same throne room from TPM.

[​IMG]
    In ROTS the palace looks bigger than the TPM version, but isn't the AOTC version either.

The TCW version seems to match the ROTS version most closely:

[​IMG]

So what's going on? Is the AOTC version a different palace?

8. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Better answer is that you need to watch The Clone Wars.

9. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Why was Chancellor Palpatine captured in ROTS? Obvious, he could have prevented that. What purpose did it serve? Just to kill Dooku?

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    To test Anakin and hopefully get rid of Dooku and Obi-Wan.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  11. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
  12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Either palace expansion under the new queen's preferences or a new palace that was designed by the same interior decorator. Or Naboo tradition to have the same throne room design

Bazinga'd likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    ^ By comparison, most countries have multiple places where the chief of state lives, works or visits. For instance in the US, there is the White House and Camp David,

14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Still, I'd assume Camp David doesn't have an Oval Office identical to the one in the White House

15. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    It's been a decade. I'm sure at some point someone thought the palace needed a complete makeover.

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Camp David often hosts meetings of leaders and is the site of Presidential business. There is a full Presidential Suite there, including offices for the President and his/her staff. While there is only one "Oval Office", Camp David has the functional equivalent.

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013

I'll admit I was skeptical, but look at all these "coincidences!" Thoughts?

SlashMan likes this.
  18. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm ready to believe that Mace is alive, and would be interested to see something come out of that. But him being Snoke? It's grasping.

Addressing the points, no one has been scarred by Force lightning; this is people interpreting Palpatine as being burnt, but has since been confirmed as him simply removing a disguise. Every other recipient of lightning hasn't had visible injuries, including Darth Vader, who was hit in much the same way.

Finn is shown no inherent Force powers of his own. Snoke's quote about an awakening is almost certainly referring to Rey, whom became the focus of training later on. Kylo Ren also didn't intentionally keep Finn alive; the audience wasn't even assured he would live until the end of the film.

Finn being related to Mace would be interesting, but due to timelines, he'd have to be a grandson at the least. But I see no reason why he couldn't be, they'd just have to make a compelling connection and backstory to rationalize it.

The most definitive reason that Snoke isn't Mace is that he's not Samuel L. Jackson. They motion captured a completely different actor to play a white alien/human. Ian McDiarmid played Senator Palpatine, which certainly could be considered a twist when he's revealed as Sidious; if they wanted Mace, it would have been Jackson.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Casting SLJ would have been a dead give away though.

20. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Well my example was Palpatine; Ian McDiarmid was a dead giveaway, but even having the same actor didn't automatically confirm the character. Just look at all the people that argued that Palpatine WASN'T Sidious.

EDIT:
    Well we have Mace Windu's opinion on the matter...

The theory was fun and had a few coincidental clues to back it up, but at this point, it's pretty well debunked.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Darkslayer, you know you're the man.

But I gotta do something with this thread. I'm going to merge it with the "What-Ifs" instead of locking, just in case.

PS - if Snoke turns out to be Windu, I'll create a thread in which I post the sentence "Darkslayer was right about Snoke" once a day, every day, for as long as I'm on these boards.

22. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    ok I have a random question

How did Gunray contact Darth Sidious so quickly at the beginning of TPM, it made it look as if Sidious is on call 24/7 in front of a holo projector just in case the Viceroy wanted him. Palps could have been doing senatorial stuff :p

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    In ROTS why does Gen Grevois(I know I butchered his name. :( ) Kidnap Palp? Does he know hes DS?

Deliveranze likes this.
  24. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    No, he doesn't know Palps is Sidious. Grievous is a tool and a pawn. He is the definition of a product of the time. He's not meant to survive the end of the Clone Wars like Dooku. Dooku was aware of Sidious's identity and was betrayed at the last minute. Grievous is suppose to be the scapegoat of the war. Palpatine needs Grievous to be the "face of the Separatists" in order to keep the war going. He then leaks the info to the Jedi of Grievous's whereabouts when his plan is ready. He knows Obi-Wan will be able to destroy Grievous and is waiting for the Jedi to come and arrest him afterwards.

Basically Grievous is just a way for Palpatine to keep the war going on his terms.

B99 likes this.
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Awesome! Thx!

Deliveranze likes this.