main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Have Blaster, Will Travel: First Chapter of the New Year!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Helllooo Odi. This thread lives on yet.

And expect to see some new Fan-art (drawn by my self) posted soon in an effort to keep our fellow readers happy whilst QM readies his latest masterful chapter.

48 hrs. Baiting and Spamming despite numerous warnings. People, this is not a social thread. --oqidaun

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005

Congratulations on one thousand posts!
    Threads that are spammed stay up the most.
    Last update was on page twenty nine
    Two hundred and eighty posts later, it?s still divine!

?What spam?? you say?
    ?Not here, there?s no way!?
    Oh yes, dear friends
    It?s here, yet again!

In celebration of your diligence
    Loyalty, and intelligence
    I write this for you?
    The faithful, the few.

Lend me your ears and I'll lend you a hand.
    I know your fingers are weary, your voices are bland,
    So today, I will "UP!" hbwt (can someone say ?ban??)
    No really! Don?t stress. Relax while you can.

Sincerely,
    Zonoma

3. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Uh, yeah...

Just wait.[face_mischief]

We'll see, I guess, sometime... soon...[face_frustrated][face_thinking]

Truly, ner vodi'ka, you do flatter me over much, when the real credit ought not to lie with me, but yourself.[face_talk_hand]:)

Wow. My thread has inspired poetry? And good poetry yet?:eek:

Thanks, Zo.[face_blush]

As for that artwork K_K mentioned, here's the first of them, a piece inspired by a comment Artanis made a long time ago (unfortunately, the pencils are a bit light, and the scan is awful, but it's the best we could do).

[image=http://xa4.xanga.com/be3a67607463377682304/b52650309.jpg]

And another, featuring E & A hanging out at Kamino, for some reason:

[image=http://x83.xanga.com/de3d17676453477685681/b52652489.jpg]

4. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    :eek::eek::eek:

OMG He isn't dead!!!!

Well, I've have to hang onto the promise that you are working on an update.

This is still one of my favorite fics, I hope you won't abandon it.

TnTornado

5. Jedi_Eruanne

Jedi_Eruanne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    HEEEE LIIIIIIVVVVEEESSSS!!!! *tiggers James violently* *teddy-bear huggles* YAAAAAYYYY!!!

*panting* Whoo, okay, I'm calm now....for now... So when do you think we can expect a new post? Sooooon....? [face_batting]

6. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    ROFL JE, you come back after a while and you still maul QM LOL

I must be reading to much into things!

TnTornado

7. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    QM - keep it up. Some suggestions, if I may, on the scans. First, have K_K Trace them again with a darker pencil, then rescan, and set the econtrast pickup as high as you can on the scanner. Once you have the file, take and sharpen it and icrease the contast on the file itself. All of that together should get you a better image to give to your fans :)

8. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Something like that? [face_mischief]

[image=http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9594/eclanarani2ju9.jpg] [image=http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6222/eclanarani1mk6.jpg]

I took the liberty of darkening those two awesome pieces. Especially for the Kamino one, you can make out the rain way better! Great job on drawing those, K_K! I can't get over the feeling that Arani looks nearly the same as a friend of mine... [face_thinking]

Oh, and congrats on 1000 posts and 11 pages without any new story content.... [face_whistling] :p :D

9. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    Thanks for darkening them Corran - I couldn't see them before!

great drawings K_K! Can't wait to see if QM actually does the story for the drawings!

TnTornado

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

The fact that this story has not seen an update in how long and there have been 200+ posts added, there is little that can not be considered spam.

This is not a social thread and from what I see here, the posts should have been taken to IM or PM quite a long time ago.

If the spamming continues the thread will be locked.

Leona

11. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    And since we certainly don't want that to happen, the best solution would be to post another chapter, no?

Part Two, Chapter Twenty-Six:

Difference of Opinion:

?Arani,? I growl, confronting her, ?what are doing here? Why are you out of bed???

?You just asked me that question,? she observes, brushing strands of hair out of her eyes.

Is it just the dim lighting in here, or is she smirking at me?

?I did??

For some reason it feels like the event in question must have been months ago, if it actually happened at all, but now Arani?s peering at me quizzically, and I can sense what feels like a cool hand passing over me.

?Are you quite alright?? she inquires. ?You don?t feel at all well.?

?I?m fine,? I mutter resignedly. ?Just tell me what you?re doing down here, please??

?Assisting you, obviously."

?I don?t ne- I mean, I thought I told you-? I begin?

??-To have a rest, yes, I remember? she interjects, ?and that?s just what I?ve been doing for the past two standard hours.?

?Good work,? I offer. ?Why don?t you take some time to meditate now, or something like that??

?Because I don?t want to do sit still any longer,? she sniffs. ?I mean, I?m sure you?d be hard-pressed to lie still for very long after coming out of a healing trance, and having just slept for five hours immediately after that.?

?Maybe,? I respond, ?but I don?t usually have a big hole in my gut. Believe me, when I do I tend to stay very still.?

The unwilling recipient of my medical wisdom rolls her eyes.

?Look, I?m fine,? she insists determinedly.

?You?re not fine. You?re killing yourself,? I inform her.

Arani winces.

?It?s not quite that bad,? she insists, absently touching her side, and then catching herself, ?and anyway you?re scarcely in any condition to be up and about yourself.?

?I?ll live.?

?For how long? When was the last time you had anything to eat, or had a rest??

?Don?t worry about me. I?m the male, so I?m-?

?The decision-maker?? she interrupts, rolling her eyes again.

?-The more expendable one,? I continue, glaring.

?You?re hardly expendable to me,? she begins?

?I?m touched, Arani, but-?

??After all, I haven?t a clue how to fly a bulk cargo-hauler-?

?Oh.?

?-And I don?t think the prospect of overshooting Ennth and then careening off into the depths of hyperspace while you?re passed out from over-exertion is one that?s going to be at all congenial to all of those people out there in the hold, or me either,? she continues.

?I?m perfectly stable,? I mutter through my teeth.

?Are you?? she asks. ?Eclan, you were shot. You were stabbed in the leg with a vibroblade. You?re limping. The fact that you?re still moving at all is a little hard to believe, and that?s before I consider that you must have dragged my body all the way up to the top deck, found some way of preventing me from bleeding to death while unconscious and then gotten the ship ready for flight by yourself, which means that you would have had to repair that hole you put in it, and starship hull plating isn?t lightweight stuff so far as I?m aware.?

?Care to tell me anything else I did?? I grumble irritably, rubbing my eyes.

?I?d prefer it if you?d tell me what you did,? she shoots back. ?You haven?t slept at all since we captured the ship, have you??

??No,? I admit. ?I?ve been a little busy.?

?Had anything to eat?? she asks, ignoring my last comment.

?Why?? I not-unreasonably demand to know.

?You said you didn?t want anything to eat when you brought me that food. Did you eat before then??

?Arani, you are not going to interrogate me!!?

?I?m not interrogating you, I?m trying to help you!!? she retorts, squaring her shoulders, dark shadows forming under her eyes as she glares at me.

?You could do that just by leaving me alone for the time being,? I growl.

?That?s not you talking,? she insists, shaking her head.

?Not me- what??

12. Art_Of_War

Art_Of_War Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2005
    =D=

More when school doesn't demand my presence.:p

13. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    It is! [face_mischief]

Striking title.... :p^^

[face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_peace]

I expected him to say just about something like Arani thought, but then... [face_hypnotized]

Yeah, well... short fuse to make up an excuse an excuse [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] Classy. Now it's the other way round... :p

[face_shhh][face_worried]

[face_hypnotized] She's a bold one! :eek:

o_O... lmao^^

He's such an ego... [face_tired]... can't admit he's wrong, not for once... :p

Not. Good. [face_worried] But it's hardly the Ennth...

Uh oh... so it is the Ennth, after all? :eek: [face_worried]

[face_thinking] You know, that is a good question, burc'ya... [face_hypnotized]

:p

It's awesome to see you're back, John'ika! [face_dancing]

And after all, it's longer than the average of most of my chapters, so it's not really short, and it's better than nothing! [face_mischief]

As always, great job, ner vod, no sign of quality decreases after that long absence! :cool: =D=

Keep up the great work, looking forward to the upcoming (eh, yeah^^ [face_thinking]) battle. [face_peace]

14. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Reading. I'll have a review soon, ner vod! [face_dancing]

-Roain <><

15. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    Hi Roain, good to see you. And good on ya for posting mate. Here's a review for your troubles. (I was out of pennies)

Eclan really needs to take a break. Not only is he losing focus, he also can?t see. Arani would never smirk at him...probably.

Still trying to get the girl out of his hair? By now I?d think that he?d be glad of the help. Maybe it's a Jedi\Mando thing.

Most of us do. Listen to the doctor Arani.

[face_laugh] Another classic HBWT one-liner. Bravo.

Scratch that last comment. Make that two classic HBWT one-liners. Those two and their witty dialogue. They?re both exhausted and they still need to do it. Aren?t people funny.

Yeah, you pondered over the fate of your ship, had many introspective dialoges, came up with some hilarious one-liners and...oh, you're being sarcastic.

And this is after they?ve only known each other for a week. Already arguing like a married couple. They are so right for each other.

16. Jedi_Eruanne

Jedi_Eruanne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Oui vay....way to GO Eclan! Sheeeesh! I'm super tired, but I wanted to hightlight my faves:

Eclan and Arani arguing over which is expendable.

Eclan almost breaking Arani's arm. Nice way of showing just how much of him is reflex. Aieee, don't make him angry. ;)

Eclan no longer being able to make up hiliarious metaphors. (sniffle)

Eclan going bonkers at the Ennth....without a reason. heh heh heh....I smell TROUBLE! And I'm lovin' it... :D :D :D :D

Arani being Arani.... you go girl!!!

Toodles, man, I gotta get some sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.....

17. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    =D= I should've known. The one week I'm too busy to be on the boards, and you update...;) Should I be absent more often?

?I did??

For some reason it feels like the event in question must have been months ago, if it actually happened at all, but now Arani?s peering at me quizzically, and I can sense what feels like a cool hand passing over me.

Months ago, hm? [face_laugh]

?Because I don?t want to do sit still any longer,? she sniffs. ?I mean, I?m sure you?d be hard-pressed to lie still for very long after coming out of a healing trance, and having just slept for five hours immediately after that.?

?Maybe,? I respond, ?but I don?t usually have a big hole in my gut. Believe me, when I do I tend to stay very still.?

He does have a point, there. :p Although, I think that, were their situations reversed, Eclan might, in fact, be acting just as Arani is. :)

?You?re hardly expendable to me,? she begins?

?I?m touched, Arani, but-?

??After all, I haven?t a clue how to fly a bulk cargo-hauler-?

?Oh.?

This has to be one of my favorite exchanges in this section. Hard to say, though, because all the dialogue was highly entertaining.

?I?m perfectly stable,? I mutter through my teeth.

[face_laugh] Of course. Of course he is.

?You know you are,? she insists, fixing her eyes on mine like a Dantooinian? um? something?

Great.

[face_laugh] Clever method of displaying his intense fatigue.

?You?re a terrible person, d?you know that??

There's an element so familiar, so comfortable, in the way you've set that comment up, that it really reads as exasperated affection rather than irony or cynicism. Nice work!

?Yes. Now let?s get moving, shall we? We don?t have a lot of time before we hit the Ennth system.?

I enjoyed his unworried, complacent agreement, as well. :)

I come to quick halt, skidding a bit on the gunk-covered deck, adjusting my footing and trying to pump enough adrenaline into my brain to assess the situation in the bay, and I must be at least half-way successful, because the first things I register are categorized as item: ten adult males, approximately one meter away, grouped in a loose semi-circle, standing still and staring at me like... uh, well, like?.

Forget it.

[face_laugh]

So, um, where?s the fight?

I want to know, too. Where is it, Q_M? [face_batting]

Great update, delightful from start to finish. =D=

18. jedijethro

jedijethro Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2005
    uhh where's the bang bang? sure the romance/philosophy is good and all, but i want the blaster in Have a blaster will travle

19. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    It's alive! *squints* No, it's really a HBWT update! How cool! :cool:

[face_laugh] Ah, the fourth wall. Always fun to press on it just to check its sturdiness.

:D I like that the symptom of his exhaustion is an inability to whip up cool 40s detective analogies. Of course, as long as he stays tired, that means we don't get to enjoy said analogies, but it's a nice character detail - and clever cop-out to avoid coming up with them. ;)

Very nice, long-awaited update!

20. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    First off ...

YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! So totally cool, this is one of my absolute favorite fics!!!!

Now that thats out of my system.

Loved this update, you really brought out how much the damage they took is affecting both of them, yet their personalitys still come out, and their base instincts take over.

Loved all of it, and hope you can update alot sooner this time!!

TnTornado

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Looking forward to it.[face_peace]

Yes, I think we can all agree on that...:p

Well, there'll be no striking just yet...

*bows*

Um, yeah, I think.:confused:

Rather adept at that, isn't she?

Without a doubt...

Yeah well, he is suffering from the strain of the past few days, plus lack of sleep and something like the after-effects of amphetamine use, so he's not really at his most conciliatory.;)

Don't strain yourself trying to figure it out.;)

Vor'e, ner Fand'alor. [face_peace]

Yeah, sorry it turned out to be so brief (by my usual standards), but it's better than nothing I guess.

Very reassuring to hear, thanks.:)

[face_mischief]

Huzzah!:D

I'd ask if you want to bet, but you're all out of pennies.:p

22. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Sorry for being late- I have no excuse and I'm ashamed. It's great to see you again QM and the chapter is superb- I almost fell out out of my chair and my stomach hurt like I've been shot from all that laughing. I'm hoping you're next update won't take as long as this one.

Oh and in Eclan's place I'd shoot myself rather than look THAT stupid. He needs to sleep before he's brain shuts down. Mando or no, he's not immune to fatigue.

23. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Yeah, Q_M?lol :p If we know Arani-and I believe we do-it?s safe to take a guess. She?s smirking.

Erm? ori'vod, it was months ago. lol

?...and after that I got bored and decided to see what trouble you were getting yourself in to.?

What?d I tell ya? :p

Most of us would...;)

Nappy time for Eclan!

James, never leave the blank open. [face_mischief]

Good, Arani, but there are so many more we could come up with.

Awww. [face_love]

rotfl

Good point.

Maybe...

Eep! Down boy! Udesii!

[face_laugh]

...Yeah, he?s been up for a while. Irritable, aren?t we?

There?s definitely something wrong when Eclan can?t come up with that...(plus, you're cheating...)

That?s pushing it, just get him to admit you?re right, and well?never mind on that one too.

They?re so cute together. All the witty banter makes me think of...:-X [face_shhh]

24. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    Well, its been a couple weeks, so I would say an up is in order!

UP!

TnTornado

25. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    Well, time for discussions and reviews people. Let's get this baby to paage 42!

For Starters, does anyone have any idea how Eclan will resolve this currant mess? I'm thinking he'll probably ned Arani's help. Maybe she'll be able to convince the Ennth that he's not a maniac with a lightsaber. Even if he sort of is at this point.

26. TnTornado

Jun 10, 2006
    I agree, however he might want to take a nap first! Arani will be a big help to him, and I hope they continue to work on their feelings for each other.

TnTornado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.