Beyond Have Blaster, Will Travel: First Chapter of the New Year!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    Good. I'm glad to see you back. No time to review - time to sleep - but I'm glad you're back.

And I got your PM.

- Keralys
  2. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    . . . . . . .

:eek: Seeing a new post from you was the least thing I expected when I got out of bed today, ner vod. But now it saves my day, after that fierfeking Maths test. -.-

Aaaaanyway, to the chapter:

Sure thing, it's kinda hard not to. :p

Good start. [face_laugh] Browsing to the last chapter, that ought to be Part Two, Chapter Twenty-Seven. Unless it's not.

[face_peace] Cool beginning, it's great to get into Mister Graven again. I do wonder what moniker that is, though... [face_whistling]

Nicely done confrontation of his Mando and his Jedi ways. It once again illustrates the dilemma he's been in since Arani brought his Jedi-side back, kinda.

:eek: Woah! That line shocked me, I had to read it twice. Eclan running out of witty metaphors is... not a good sign. He's totally at wit's end, it seems. [face_worried]

[face_thinking] That's an interesting aspect of his character, if I get that right. Eclan's doing a great job at all the things he was ever trained to do, but when it comes to sudden improvisation that forces him to look beyond his normal horizon, he's face with a big load of helplessness.

So...
    ... that's where Arani jumps in. [face_mischief]

It's the exhaustion, Ec... you're pushing yourself way to far.

Isn't it always like that? :p

3. Jedi_Eruanne Jedi Master

star 3
    *dashes into thread* A POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

it?s my old friend, Irritating? Annoying? Nameless Guy, or something like that.
    Hahaha...oh Eclan.

Actually, Gart is starting to make me wish I was a Sith. Just gutting the little chakaar would be so much easier than-
    No kidding...haha...I mean...bad thoughts, Eclan! ;)

I let him throw one punch.
    ....AUGH!

Why? Why a cliffie? After a gazillion months you give us a CLIFFIE?! *faints*

*cough* ANYWAY...AWESOME POST! I am SO glad you're back to writing this! :D *high fives James*
  4. J_M_Bulldog Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe, great post. I just love Eclan's sarcastic nature.

Everyone?s starting to edge away from him.

Everyone except me.

?You?re all afraid!? he shrieks, staring around wildly and sounding more frantic than ever. ?They?ve got you all afraid of them, mind-tricks or something, but I?m not afraid!! I?ll show you!!?

Word of warning, Gart, it is not considered good health practice to shove the woman a Mandalorian loves to the deck, especially when said Mandalorian is in the room. And it's considered suicidial to actually punch the now throughly ticked off Mandalorian. But you live your life as you wish, just pray there's bacta around later ;)

You just had to end it on a cliffy Quiet_Mandalorian. ;) :p
  5. jedijethro Jedi Master

star 2
    lol... great post missed ya buddy

-jj
  6. Grymvarg Jedi Padawan

One word:
    YAAAAAAAAAAA! (is that even a word? who cares! QM is back!)
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    ?You might want to try switching off your lightsaber,? Arani whispers meaningfully from somewhere behind my back. ?I don?t think the red blade is really helping things.?

[face_laugh]

Everyone?s starting to edge away from him.
    Everyone except me.
    ?You?re all afraid!? he shrieks, staring around wildly and sounding more frantic than ever. ?They?ve got you all afraid of them, mind-tricks or something, but I?m not afraid!! I?ll show you!!?

Quite an ending ;)

I really missed this story. Very glad you've returned, QM :D You certainly haven't lost your touch? this is a great little post. Was a lot of fun to Eclan and Arani bickering in the face of danger once again :p

It's been awhile. I had to go back and read the last post yesterday to remember where we left off at 8-}

Anyway, I hope things settle down for you so you can get back to posting regularly [face_peace] This is a terrific fic and it's nice to see it moving again :)
  8. Enyc_KadGoran Jedi Knight

HUZZAH!!!! I haven't seen a new post in AGES!!!! And I've been lurking the entire time I read the thing, too...

QM IS THE BEST!!!!!!!! Sorry, I'd write a review of every single word of your brilliant work, but that would mean my own pitiful writing wouldn't happen, and my life would drain away into...yeah, I think it's enough to say OYA QM!!! And oya Eclan! Why does Arani have to go and squash his Sith-y/Mando thoughts????

Do hurry up and continue, ner vod! (I hope you'll let me call you that....mando to mando, eh? Are you still mando? [face_praying])
  9. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *does happy dance*

I loved the post! Finally they're listening... and I also don't like Gart. So is this going to be a new trend (the whole posting thing) or is this a one time a year thing? *keeps fingers crossed*
  10. Artanis Force Ghost

star 2
    Reading this post was like coming home. [:D]

The dynamic between Eclan (as the unintentional threat) and the terrified group was top-notch - I could feel the tension. As always, the legendary Eclan-Arani playful banter makes a few perfectly appropriate appearances throughout the passage. :p Favorite line:

?You might want to try switching off your lightsaber,? Arani whispers meaningfully from somewhere behind my back. ?I don?t think the red blade is really helping things.?

Eclan is tired, he's in pain, and he doesn't really care anymore, as evidenced by the apathy expressed in his refusal to defend himself at the end of the chapter.

You made me feel that.

Great work! =D=
  11. The_Face Ex-Manager

star 5
    Hey an update! I really liked it. It's been too long since I've read Eclan's... unique... POV and worldweary wit. :D
  12. TheCrazyRodian Force Ghost

star 4
    A post? Fabulous! I don't usually have more than a few minutes at a time to check the boards these days, so I'm glad I managed to catch this update (even if I'm two weeks late). I look forward to what comes next.
  13. -DarkScorpion- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow!!

I Remember Reading this WAAYYY Back Before I had an Account (with my bro btw (TnTornado)) so just recently i came back reread it WOOOWWW, I Forgot ALOT of the story, and it still rocks!!!, Keep up the good work.

PM list Plz? [face_praying]

-DhaScorpion-
  14. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    *does Mando happy dance*

YAY!!! Will post review soon. Holidays are my excuse now. :p

~*Roain <><
  15. Enyc_KadGoran Jedi Knight

Nice mando dance!

Oh, any chance I could be added to the PM list, QM?
  16. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    *takes a bow*

Same here, ori'vod! I'd've been here sooner that way.

~*Roain <><
  17. Enyc_KadGoran Jedi Knight

And is there any chance you'd be able to give us an estimate on how long it'll take for the next installment? If not...*sobs* No really, take your time, it helps when writing.
  18. Kenobi_Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    As a insider, I can assure you all that QM has a plan of action in mind.

When he executes that plan is another matter entirely. [face_whistling]
  19. Enyc_KadGoran Jedi Knight

I believe you! Now patience shall I learn...
  20. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, I appreciate your taking your time to stop by and make your thoughts known. :)

Thank you. Take your time.

I'm working on it. Hopefully should have some results by the end of the week.

Glad I could help. [face_peace]

Don't tell me that! I'll get sloppy. :p

Thanks, I was wondering where I was.

Just wait and watch, ner vod. It gets better. ;)

Thanks. He?s really having compatibility issues with his software, poor guy. :p

Exactly.

There are certain drawbacks to having ?shoot it with big guns? as your fall-back response to any problem that presents itself. [face_laugh]

Naturally. ;)

And how. Unfortunately, he really doesn?t have any other choice.

Yeah, pretty much.

21. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks. Glad you?re still following the story. :)

[face_blush]

Eclan, Eclan, Eclan? what are we going to do with you? :p

Thanks. :)

Thank you. That?s very reassuring to hear, and I?m happy you all seem to be enjoying the story. I likely would?ve just abandoned it but for the knowledge that I?d be leaving you all hanging.

I don?t blame you. I?m still trying to find my bearings. :p

Thanks for your thoughts. They?re much appreciated.

Wow, another lurker? What is it about this story that brings you types out of the woodwork, anyway? :p

Seriously, glad to have you aboard. It?s always nice to have another reader. [face_peace]

Well, thank you. I?m certainly pleased you enjoy my work. [face_blush] :)

?Cause he?s a Mando, and going all Sithy and Dark Jedi-like would be bad for the Manda? ;)

I am always Mando. Always will be. [face_peace]

I thought as much. [face_mischief]

No, it?s definitely going to be a new trend, or rather, a revival of an old one. The next chapter?s well on the way to being finished, and I can tell you, it?s going to be interesting? [face_mischief]

I?m very pleased to hear it. Writing (and posting) it felt like a homecoming of sorts as well.

Legendary? Wow... [face_blush]

22. Enyc_KadGoran Jedi Knight

The excellence of the writing, perhaps...and the characters, and the plot, and the....well, you get the picture.=D= You ought to consider a career in writing, vod.

Anytime!

Well...it's not all Sithy. Mandos can be nice and violent when they solve things.[face_mischief]

Oh, good! Ori'jate, ner vod!

Hmm, not too long...

Ay! Kandosii to those who are lazy! ....as long as they don't procrastinate too much...[face_worried]

Gah, you had to say that after I read it.

I think I'll go ahead and write a review of your last bit, QM - in my next post. Coming up...
  23. Enyc_KadGoran Jedi Knight

Do not ever ignore the temptation...unless you are standing in front of a rather volatile crowd and someone you love.[face_laugh]

Good, good....

NOOOOO!!! But seriously, nice conflict. I love it when conflict appears because of characters - when good characters take care of themselves and your plot. Excellent!

Awww, poor guy's losing his touch...what a nice way to get more conflict! And is it just me, or when you first see the "Ni" do you think Monty Python?

You know, I had a good reply for that right here, and now it's gone...

Yup, he's definitely losing it.

How perfect! Never a dull moment in Eclan's head!

Yes! Sith! Someone has the right idea, finally! Good old friend. "it?s my old friend, Irritating? Annoying? Nameless Guy, or something like that." Don't you just love those blank moments?[face_laugh]

24. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    :p Nice play on words, cool line. ;)

Well yeah, that about sums up that day he should've stayed in bed instead. [face_laugh] Poor fella, ranting like that isn't like Ec. Just one thing, has Ec been to the Vong galaxy and back or something, because it's a bit miraculous he knows of Chazrach already. :p Just a small continuity flaw, no biggie, vod. ;)

:oops: Ec, Ec, Ec... and you wanna be the big badass coldblooded assassin? Maybe once you've grown up.... :p ;)

That's nice, good to see you didn't forget that aspect. And amazing that despite the damaged state of body and mind Eclan can still think rationally, at least in some aspects. But then again, the thought of having lost everything can be quite sobering...

[face_worried] Nice forshadowing, if I didn't know this and that, I'd think the overdosis of painkillers is taking him out for good. :( If it was painkillers, that is, lol.^^
    Now, to respond to some of your replies:
    [face_laugh] Haha, yes, definitely. Vista seems to be making a lot of problems, even in the GFFA. :p

Aye... can't be perfect soldier, perfect genius, and perfect situation-assesser all at once. There is only so much of an "allrounder".

[face_laugh] Yep, that's my point. :p

Honestly, ner vod, who isn't? [face_whistling] ;)

Yes you do. :D

Aye, I get your point. There are so many great actors that could play Mandos. :D And anyway, I rather meant Westen's attitude and comments than his looks - you'll know what I'm tal/>
  25. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Woohoo! So good to see a new post in this wonderful story. [face_dancing]

Okay, I take that back. I don?t tend to complain much, out loud, and in fact, I don?t tend to say much at all, or at least I didn?t until a certain person dropped into my life,
    Ha, typical male - blame it on the woman. But, methinks he doth protest too much. ;)

I loved the exploration of his two impulses - i.e. Mano and Jedi. Very nice.

What metaphors do I have for situations where the people whose lives you?re trying to save might want to end yours?

??

I don?t have any.

Not one.

None.

Ni.

There?s nothing in all my experience that compares to this, and the terrifying realization that I might just be out of my depth suddenly hits me. I wasn?t trained to do this, not even as a Jedi. I?ve never thought about it, never done anything like it before?.

So what am I going to do?

Excellent way of showing Eclan's state of mind, and also the fact he really is stretched to the limit here. Makes me realise just how important Arani is to him at this point. Love the humour as always.

Excited whisperings of ?We?re going back to Ennth!? suddenly commence, replacing the uneasy silence of a minute or so ago and the tense silence that came before that. I swear, people are such di?kute?
    LOL - I enjoy the way you show Eclan's often jaundiced views about people. It also shows one of the sides to his character in that he tends to expect everyone to face extreme situations with the same aplomb he does. I like his little foibles - they make him human.

t?s my old friend, Irritating? Annoying? Nameless Guy,
    :D There's always one mucking it up for everyone isn't there!

?m getting the idea there should be some kind of reason for why it would do that, but the splitting pain in my head is making thinking kind of difficult? still, one thing I do remember is that I should have something to fix it, somewhere?
    Uh-oh, he really is in bad shape.

Fishing around in my pockets till I find what I?m looking for, or at least what I think I?m looking for, I pull out a couple of small, narrow cylinders. They?ve got some kind of warning labels on them, but I don?t bother to read them.
    Ho hum - typical man. Never read the instructions.

I still hesitate for a second, maybe out of caution, maybe because it?s getting harder to get my limbs to move when I want them to, but I finally manage to do whatever I?m supposed to do with the capsules to my arm, and then, wait for? the? stuff? to?
    Great ending too. My goodness! I hope he hasn't done anything too dumb here.

Great to see this under way again, Q_M Hope all is going well for you. :)

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.