Beyond Have Blaster, Will Travel: First Chapter of the New Year!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Quiet_Mandalorian, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, is okie as long as you come back, vod.

I'm sure it'll be fabulous, marvelous, and any other -lous adjective!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

XD Yeah, it has been a while...

It tends to do that, I've noticed. If he loses it, I'm heading for the hills!

Aw, poor Eclan...I don't think they really cover that in too many manuals. Maybe Arani should get him a Worst Case Scenario Handbook for Christmas. :p

The question of the hour, ner burc'ya.

Listen to the girl, then if that doesn't work, the little voices may be helpful. ;)

This can't be good...

2. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, time to post again before 2008! We know you can do it.

Please?

*begging eyes*
  3. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry, I missed this. [face_tired]

Fear not, everyone, I do have another chapter in the works, which will be posted soon enough...
  4. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  5. J_M_Bulldog Force Ghost

star 4
    Fear not, everyone, I do have another chapter in the works, which will be posted soon enough...

Sweet. I'll be waiting. :)
  6. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *does little happy dance*
  7. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    How convenient...:p We'll be waiting. ^_^

~*Roain <><

p.s. I officially feel like an oldbie today...Jan '05...wow.
  8. Kenobi_Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Not that I like to gloat, but I'm going over the chapter with Jami'ka as we speak. There are perks to being the author's brother. :D

I'm sure you'll all love it when he finishes it up.
  9. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *glares at Kenobi_Kid*

I hate you with a violent passion. :mad: And that was totally gloating. :p
  10. Kenobi_Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it was. But he should have it finished soon. Or at least, some time before the angry torch-bearing mob shows up to make him finish.
  11. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    *hides matches behind back* Torches? What torches? [face_whistling]

~*Roain <><
  12. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *whistles innocently*

I wasn't going to bring tourches! Honest! They could catch things on fire. I was just going to bring my claymore....
  13. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Put those things away. [face_shame_on_you]

Look, I come bearing a token of reconciliation (but I have to warn you that you may want to read over the previous chapter again before starting on this one; it may not make sense otherwise, since I added a little more content to the previous chapter that I hadn't finished at the time that most of you read it):

Part Two, Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Oh My Aching Head...

~

Everything is white.

?

Odd.

?

Why is everything white? It was black a minute ago?.

?However long ago that was?

?

But now it?s all white?

?

All white?.

?

White bed, white sheets, white ceiling of white-walled room complete with white curtains?

?

Okay, either I?ve died and somehow gone to Alderaanian heaven through some slip-up in the cosmic flimsy-work or someone?s managed to plant my shebs in an intensive care ward when I wasn?t looking.

Immediately, I settle on the second option as the more likely. Whatever else they do in the afterlife, I?m pretty sure that getting stripped naked and stuck in a backless plasfibre gown on arrival isn?t one of them.

Now, on the plus side, this means I?m eventually gonna be able to hunt down and kill whoever it was who stuck me in this backless, plasfibre gown.

?

Of course, it also means that for the time being, I?m going to be stuck wearing a backless, plasfibre gown?

?

?which of course begs the question of exactly how I wound up clad in a backless, plasfibre gown, but before I can ponder the issue further, the curtains surrounding the bed I?m lying in are yanked aside with a highly audible whooshing sound that yanks my head right along with it out of reflex, immediately centering me on the person doing the yanking.

She turns out to be a very pretty human nurse who nonetheless manages to somehow project the sense that she could easily pass for a Mandalorian out of armour, but then she seems to notice that I am, in fact, conscious, and the please-take-your-medicine-now-dear-or-I?ll-feed-you-to-the-strill cast to her countenance is instantly replaced by a smile I likely would have considered nothing short of infectious had I not been contemplating homicide a scant seven or so seconds ago.

?Well then,? she begins, entirely too brightly for my entirely arbitrary liking, ?how are we feeling this morning, hmm??

?Morning?? I repeat, wondering why my body won?t let me sit up.

?Well,? she admits cheerfully, ?it?s not really morning, but it?s best to maintain a regular day/night cycle even in orbit, you know.?

?Orbit?? I echo, fishing for more of this potentially useful and voluntarily-divulged intel.

?Of course. Orbit,? she responds, smiling in that overly sympathetic the-poor-dear sort of way, not that I can blame her. ?We?re in geosynchronous orbit over Ennth, and likely will be for the foreseeable future provided something completely catastrophic doesn?t occur to the stabilizers that sends us hurtling into a fiery, reentry-related death.?

Death Watch out of armour then, in all likelihood. Have to keep an eye on her. Find weapons. Do Ennth have weapons?

?Oh, by the way,? she continues, ?we?ve had to strap you down as you seem to have noticed, but don?t worry. Now that you?re conscious, the chief surgeon should be along to assess your condition and have you released.?

Glad to hear it. Maybe I can brain her with the bedpan when she isn?t looking? I mean, when somebody bothers to release me, or, uh, forget it, just keep her talking.

Nice and unsuspicious-like.

?Uh, what are you doing here, exactly??

Okay, maybe that didn?t sound completely paranoid and suspicious?

?I?m just checking up on your meds. You?ve got quite a few anti-toxins on the feed here, you know.?

Know? How would I ?know?? This is the first time I can remember being conscious for? well, a long time, in any event. Still?

?Uh, noted,? I agree, eyeballing for her benefit the dispiriting number of tubes
  14. TheCrazyRodian Force Ghost

star 4
    OMG first!

EDIT1: Terminal disease?! EVIL.

Will be back for more later.
  15. Spencer_P Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is a truly great story, probably the best fanfiction I've ever read. Adventure, humor, a little romance . . . man. So many other fanfics seem to consist primarily of (a) mush, or (b) angst. Eclan's world (universe?) view is also particularly refreshing. Excellent, excellent work Quiet_Mandolorian. Thanks for sharing this tale, and of course, I look forward to your next update.
  16. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Third. :p Review coming shortly.... [face_whistling]

EDIT:

There goes nothing. :D

[face_mischief] That's the spirit!

:oops:

Oh, Ec and his comparisons! [face_laugh] Neat little detail, the whole Death Watch lady part.

[face_tired] ... [face_laugh] Will Ec ever be the same again (as in Ec the merc who never lets down his guard :p)

=D= Bravo, real nice part. :D At least we know he does not have that Snydrome, because Lady Death Watch obviously isn't a droid and wouldn't have mentioned such a grave fact in a subordinate clause.... or is she?! [face_worried]

What a happy reunion! :)

[face_laugh] =D=

[face_thinking] I take it she already knew the name of Ec's father then... :D and perhaps even of one of his brothers?

You ain't the brightest anymore, eh? ;)

[face_batting]

Brilliant job, James! =D=

The best thing is to see you've managed to move the plot ahead (I'm only "quoting" you there :p), and you pulled it off superbly. Explaining/telling events in retrospective is often easier than constructing the whole string of said events in "real-time", and we're seeing cuts like that everywhere. Protects us from lengths and fillers, jumps right into the "action". Something I've been trying with WFSAM as well, but don't quite manage, yet. :p

But no, really, neat job, I can't wait to find out what happened between Ec's blackout and the Alderaanian heaven scene. :D

I've been rather off the grid in terms of SW lately, and this update of your's is as perfect a motivation to get on with my fic as there is... :p

Keep it coming, ner vod. [face_peace]

Oh, one thing. You might wanna edit the thread title, it s
  17. Kenobi_Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Eclan is now strapped down in an orbiting Ennth hospital, recuperating from who knows what and being passed of as a Jedi Master. Can things get more complicated for our hero? In a word, yes. I eagerly await the fallout of this little debacle, and some information as to what exactly has happened since our quiet mandalorian passed out on that slave vessel. Keep it comin' QM.
  18. Roain_Xantos Jedi Master

star 4
    First reaction: huh? Will be back later...this needs to settle. [face_hypnotized]

Roain <><

EDIT: oh...I get it now...*is sooo blonde*
  19. The_Face Ex-Manager

star 5
    Great sentence, particularly that last part. [face_laugh] One of the things that struck me about the opening to this chapter was Eclan?s great running monologue and? unique? angle on things. Which is something I loved especially in the earlier chapters. His wit and personality still come through in later ones, but that strong narrative voice seems extra-strong here.

For example, the off-handed delivery of this line. Fantastic stuff. :D

This update is a bit of a mind ****, and it?s got me inching toward that seat edge to find out how he got there, and what?s really going on. Great post, QM! =D=
  20. Jedi_Eruanne Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh my WORD! What a BAD fangirl I am!! *tackle hugs QM* You LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

Alright, now that I have all those exclamation marks out of my system, I must get down to business.

Of course, it also means that for the time being, I?m going to be stuck wearing a backless, plasfibre gown?
    He really needs to stop freakin out about that...hahaha I mean...the gown isn't *that* bad...well...sort of...yeah, it is.

She turns out to be a very pretty human nurse who nonetheless manages to somehow project the sense that she could easily pass for a Mandalorian out of armour
    Heh heh. Most nurses do have that sort of...aura. [face_laugh]

Glad to hear it. Maybe I can brain her with the bedpan when she isn?t looking? I mean, when somebody bothers to release me, or, uh, forget it, just keep her talking
    Nice going Eclan....you're brain really isn't up to scratch, is it?

Oh yes, and I think the nice Death Watch lady just told me I have Knowt?s Syndrome.
    Death Watch Lady...teehee

?When did you? I?m Master? Master Kellan?? I manage
    ...Huh??

?I?ve never seen a patient try to palm scalpels while under anesthetic before??
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (okay, so I lied about the exclamation marks)

So basically you just made my day. *huggles* More? [face_batting]
  21. Beskargirl Jedi Knight

star 2
    On the checklist as well: my personal weapon, a highly exalted carbine that started out life as a BlasTech EL-20, some stun, gas, smoke, concussion, incendiary, frag and HE grenades, about a dozen thermal detonators of varying types, fuel packs for my flamethrower, extra grapnels and cords, minirockets, power bolas, a pack of fleches, a CorSec-issue powered restraint net and launcher, some ?Fugitive Arrest Adhesive Dispersal? or FAAD canisters for my gauntlets, a selection of narco-darts of different strengths, some rail detonators and a launcher holstered to the swoop in case of rancors and a few other things I don?t have time to mention right now, because I've got to lower the cargo ramp and unload my swoop out of the ship and onto the ground outside.
    Where on earth does Eclan keep all that stuff!:eek: Anyways great story, I'm not yet past page one, but I'll get to the most recent posts soon. Keep up the spectacular job. I'm enjoying every minute of it[:D]

Your vod'ika the Beskargirl.
  22. J_M_Bulldog Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the PM, Quiet_Mandalorian. Thought to be truthful, I actually read this on the day you posted. I just neglected to post. That whole week was a mixture of recovering from a weekend trip with my church's youth group to the mountains to getting ready for my green belt ceremony and I forgot to reply when I read it. Sorry.

Now onto the post.

Hehe, I love his comments at the beginning about the Alderaaian heaven and the nurse being from Death Watch. It seems that a week long blackout can't curb his sarcastic nature.

Knowt's Syndrome?! Oh, you cannot be that evil. *glances around nervously* Can you?

Oh, I do want to see how they get out of this. I'm assuming Arani was the one to tell the doctors he was a Jedi Master. This ought to be interesting. ;) :p

Great work, Quiet_Mandalorian. Eagerly waiting the next installment. :)
  23. L0B0 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's great to see some new activity in this fic, please add me to the PM list if you have one.
  24. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the whole thing with Knowts was an example... I think.

Loved the part about the scalples!!!!!

And hopefully we won't have to wait so long for the next post??? [face_batting] [face_batting] [face_batting]
  25. joejtmb Jedi Padawan

As I have been off the boards for awhile, I thought I would say that I'm glad to find this story is still carrying on. I finally got caught up and have actually read through the whole thing again. This is one of my favorite stories. Keep it coming Q.M.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.