main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Have I found the twist ending? (reposted)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DidIAskWhatWasCanon, Dec 8, 2014.

1. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013

I hope they keep with the theme from the other Star Wars Episode movies that center around the Skywalker lineage. Could Boyega's character be a Skywalker? Yes, but I think it is unlikely. There can be other Jedi and Sith but I hope the Skywalker clan is central in awakening the Force.
    I don't know how I would feel about Episodes VII-IX moving away from the tale of the Skywalker. If Disney wants to tell the tale about some super powerful force user that is not a Skywalker why don't they just make it a spin-off? I feel like the Episode films are centered around the tale of the Skwalker's.

2. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    They talked on a recent Underworld podcast about how, if the films go on long enough, no humans can be the topic of the whole and eventually the generational changes will make the Skywalker lineage carry-over redundant and implausible. Already this may be shifting toward being the story of The Force, not of any people. It does fit with what we've seen.

The established films are about Anakin and Luke because the latter redeems the former, and because he goes through the same deal himself without falling to the dark side. The connection is between them specifically, I think. But that's not to say Luke's story is over.

3. Alex Showsaber

Alex Showsaber Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014

Yes, I agree with you to an extent. Otherwise, it makes it seem as if the first 6 movies were all for naught. Anakin, I'm sorry prequel haters, was a pretty BFD. So big that they dedicated 6 movies and over 12 hours of film to his and his family's story. Recycling old motifs can grow tiresome, and the ST should not make it ALL about the skywalkers. However, if the family does not play a role in the vanquishing of evil that was supposedly "pulling the strings all along," Luke essentially led a small group of rag tag rebels on a suicide mission to do virtually insignificant things. Yes, they blew up two death stars and killed the emperor, but it seems like the galaxy wasn't really saved if the stormtroopers are back.​
    On top of that, all of the jedi are dead except for luke. This brings me to my next point and where I start to disagree with you slightly. Luke does not neccesarily need an heir, he simply needs have a significant role in bringing the jedi back to the way it was. Episode six was supposed to be the return of the jedi. I would be fine with that title and if there were no next generation of skywalkers if Luke were to really start up a fortuitous jedi council that collectively can take down the evil in these movies. ​