main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Have Space Suit Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Shannon Darklighter, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shannon Darklighter

Shannon Darklighter Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 11, 1999
    This is my favorite sci fi book. I love the old 50's style of sci fi where it feels as if the authors made sure that the story was just as good (or better) than the science aspect of their writing. Every time I ask people who enjoy reading if they have ever heard of this book I get blank stares. It is a shame because it really is an easy and enjoyable read. I borrowed it off my dad when I was eight (and he bought it used in the '60s) and read it so much over the years that I had to purchase a replacement in high school when the ancient copy started falling apart.

Has anyone here read it? What did you like best? And can you recommend any other old sci fi that is just as good. (Doesn't have to be Heinlein as well.)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've probably got that in my book collection somewhere. If you liked that you might like some of Arthur C. Clarke's older books as well as Heinlein's other older novels, such as Space Cadet and Podkayne of Mars. (Note that some of the science behind these hasn't aged well). A look through the Amazon Marketplace might get you used copies of these fairly inexpensively if your local library doesn't have them on the shelves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.