main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Have we come to a consensus concerning an August Meeting?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Psi, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    Have we come to a consensus concerning an August Meeting?

I was just wondering if we have come to a consensus concerning a meeting place, date, and time. Things here have quieted down over the last few days and I just want to make sure that we are heading towards a meeting and don?t fizzle out again. What I know so far is that shcook1138 (who I am assuming is Susan based on the Is St Louis fan force still alive thread) has offered her house as a meeting location and it sounds as if it will be a barbecue meeting with Nerf Guns, to which I have to say that blasters are so primitive LOL. Fan films would be great, bring on the Trooper Clerks and Pink 5! As far as the date is concerned what I gather is that all people who have voted, have voted for the second weekend of august the 8-9th. Do we want to set this date and location? I think we need to come up with a time as well which will largely be up to shcook1138(susan).

Lets set this in stone and make it happen.
    We also need to contact the Erik the RSA so he can put it up on the FF boards.

Timothy (aka the Charlie Brown Jedi)

2. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I was just getting around to posting about this - thanks for the nudge. In general, Saturdays are better for me than Sundays so I'm going to suggest that we meet on the 8th. I don't particularly care if it's an afternoon or evening meeting. I'll throw 3ish out as a starting time, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Also, there are plenty of lightsabers if blasters are too unsophisticated for you... If I remember to buy batteries, I'll set up the sith remote that shoots at you for lightsaber practice.

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm coming. :) Just gotta find someone to watch the kiddos.

4. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    Well...

since I see no other times suggested, I say we go with the 8th at 3pm

If you guys want me to, I will send this information onto the RSA Erik.

I can't wait to meet!

One question I do have is how do we want to handle the "Business" of the meeting? Do we still have any elected officers in the group, or i should say is there one planing to attend this meeting?

5. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    August 8th at 3 PM.

Roger, roger.

6. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm fine with that time.

In the past, there's not been any real "business". We don't collect dues, so there's no treasurer. Since 99% of the communication has always been done on the boards, we've never had a secretary. We used to have a CR, but I'm not sure we really have enough of a group right now to need one. Perhaps if we start getting regular meetings again, we can elect one.

7. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    Not it!;)

8. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Having a CR seems to cause a lot of problems. I'd say we have a better chance without one.

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Agreed. We have enough ex-CRs with their flashy colors. A few years at this rate and everyone will have colors.

10. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    OK - I'll plan on having hamburgers and hot dogs along with chips, etc. and soda. If anybody has any specific requests, let me know. I do have Boca burgers if there are any vegetarians.

PM me if you need directions.

11. DovBer

DovBer Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2009
    so, I haven't posted enough to PM anyone, so if you could PM me with the info that would be great, thanks.

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Well, I stopped by @ a little after 3 and no one seemed to be there, so I left again. Sorry if I just missed you guys.

13. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    Sorry again for not hearing the knock - glad Amy convinced you to come back. For future reference, I do have a doorbell... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.