main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Have you ever been in love? (Part IV)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Son of the Suns, Oct 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    That's true CUBIE, but when you are going hrough it, it seems like love. It's only when it ends that it doesn't seem that way.

2. CUBIE_HOLE

CUBIE_HOLE Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Yeah, when it's over it doesn't seem like love anymore.

I agree with you, but I'm also saying that it wasn't love to begin with, but it only seemed that way.

If it's truly love, it shouldn't be able to just fade away.

3. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Think that some people is more sensible in theese affairs than others, CUBIE, so, what for someone just means pain for a while,could be a long-lasting scar for another.

4. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Great thread....this needs to be up....

I'd say I have been in love twice in my life. Since I am 28, I feel like I'm old enough to reflect back on times when I *thought* I was in love. Like the time I was 14 and totally fell for my cousin's best friend. Love when you are 14 is very different than love when you are closer to my age. I was in love with a girl I dated for 2 years in college. She was my first everything you could say. But I graduated and it ended sadly, like most relationships. I mean, what good relationships end on a nice note, right?? I am not currently in love, but definitely "in like" with an awesome girl I met recently. I'm just hoping for the best. And anyone who needs to vent over love and other issues, feel free to PM me. I'm very good at giving advice, especially to the kids ;) Peace....

5. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Great thread....this needs to be up....

I'd say I have been in love twice in my life. Since I am 28, I feel like I'm old enough to reflect back on times when I *thought* I was in love. Like the time I was 14 and totally fell for my cousin's best friend. Love when you are 14 is very different than love when you are closer to my age. I was in love with a girl I dated for 2 years in college. She was my first everything you could say. But I graduated and it ended sadly, like most relationships. I mean, what good relationships end on a nice note, right?? I am not currently in love, but definitely "in like" with an awesome girl I met recently. I'm just hoping for the best. And anyone who needs to vent over love and other issues, feel free to PM me. I'm very good at giving advice, especially to the kids ;) Peace....

6. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    sorry about the double post.....gave me some error message.....up

7. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    You're right, royalguard96, love does'nt look like the same when the time runs...
    I'm younger than you, but I think I can also talk about a kind of 'evolution' in my way to feel about love.

8. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I guess there's no more appropriate day to bring this up than today...

9. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    It's been over three years since I first made a topic on this subject, and I still have not experienced love in the romantic sense. However, I have grown closer to my family over the past year and I have a greater appreciation for the good things in life. So while I may not be in love, I have enough going for me to not be depressed over it.

10. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Well, perhaps I was wrong about that last part... I am depressed about my loneliness. But right now, I'd just like to have a friend to talk to, not a romantic interest.

11. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, I'm lonely right now too, and quite bored as well, so what the heck.

I've been in love twice, though the first time was something of a misjudgement. It was about two years ago, and he was, and still is, one of my best friends. Thinking back on it, I'm not sure why I fell for him, all I know is I thought I was in love with him for several months. I couldn't stop thinking about him for most of my eighth grade year. I was on the verge of asking him out for many weeks when I learned that one of my friends was also in love with him. One day, she asked him out and he said yes. I think my subconscious was trying to warn me about my misread feelings because I sorta coaxed him into going out with her. About a week later, I was sitting on the bus, mulling things over, when all of a sudden, a thought popped into my head: I love him - as a friend.

Weird, eh? Oh, it gets better. That summer, he helped set me up with his best friend. Now this guy, I wasn't quite as crazy about in the beginning. I just thought, hey, this might be promising. Well, we went out for about seven months. Over that time, our feelings for each other began to grow, and soon enough I knew that I was in love with him. Unfortunately, we only said it to each other once. My problem with him was that I wanted to express my feelings for him physically; nothing too extreme, mind you, I'm only 15. But I at least wanted him to kiss me. Alas, we were both cowards, so it never happened. That's when bad stuff started happening. I got frustrated, and that caused him to get frustrated also, and eventually, he decided that he preferred me as a friend. So, right before Easter, he ends it, and leaves me heartbroken. I'm still trying to get over it now, and I think I'm suceeding. But it still hurts, as lost love often does.

Wow, it's amazing how I can make something so trivial into such a long paragraph.

Well, that's my two cents, just thought I'd let you guys hear my ramblings. Hope you enjoyed (yeah right...).

12. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    I'm as in love now with my husband as I was the day I married him.

13. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Interesting story, DarthSnuggles. I wish you good luck with the healing process.

Good to hear that, Elf! :)

14. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Congrats, Elf, on finding that someone.

And thanks, SotS. I wish you luck as well in finding true love out there. :) Don't worry too much, I'm sure it'll happen soon. To use an old cliché, if you stop looking for love, love will find you. I don't know if that's true, but hey, you never know. :)

15. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Ha! Be glad you've never been in love.

Love=confusion.

I'm kidding about the be glad you've never been in love. It's the greatest thing in the world, but also, trust me, the most confusing, and it's a real problem because it takes over your life and destroys your ability to behave rationally. (Rememeber what Anakin said in that one scene in AotC? Where he said being rational was something he couldn't do now? Been there, am there now actually.) It's great though.

16. Darth-Protius

Darth-Protius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    What the hey. Evil guys have feelings too so here goes......

About oh... Id say eight years ago, I fell in love with my best freinds sister, who although was two years younger than I was, was quite beautiful, sweet, and the most loving girl I knew. For six months, we dated, laughed and had a good time. I really thought that was it. I thought we would get married go to school, have great jobs and once we got a house we would raise a family. But like most teenage fantises, one night i was at her house drinking, and said something i should'nt have and two days later it was over. I was devistated, becasue i really loved her and wanted to be with her forever. Over the course of nearly six years or so, I thought about her everyday. drove by where she worked, had her picture up in my room, and Drank alot. ALOT. i was on deppression meds for about a year after our breakup, before i turned to booze. The booze seemed to help, I thought. As it numbed the pain for awhile. Don't get me wrong, I dated other girls but noone could compare to her and I thought no one would. But about two years ago, I was on ICQ looking for someone to talk to and I found someone. She was kind, and didnt take any crap. we talked about six months before we met, and when we did, we clicked automaticlly. Now we are engaged, and shes the best thing that ever happened to me. I dont know how id make it through the day without her. Well Id guess id better wrap this up with a moral, so here goes. And the Moral of the story is, No matter how much youre hurting, no matter how bad things may seem to you, right now, theres someone feeling the same way you are, just waiting for you to find them and love them forever. Heres hoping you all find the one you want to be with, and that you will find happiness soon, and for the rest, of your lives. Have Faith!!!! youll find the right one, itll just take longer than you expect.------Darth Protius

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  18. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    It's too bad I'm too young to drink and virtually all booze tastes bitter anyway. Otherwise I would do the same thing.

After thinking over my answer to this question again- yes. But I don't want to talk about it.

It's possible that it happened once before that, but it's hard to tell, as it was shallow in some ways, yet left me empty and dead inside for years. It also happened when I was ten years old, so that further confuses matters. I guess it could be called a very intense crush.

I will say this- if you have to remind yourself or persuade yourself that you're in love, you probably aren't. If you don't know the person very well but think you are in love with them, you aren't.
    I know from personal experience. Drawing from the same campaign's lessons, if you get over the pain in a matter of weeks, it probably wasn't love.

What becomes of the broken-hearted, who had love that's now departed? :(

19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Just thought I'd bring this thread up. Been awhile since it's seen the front page.

Any new stories out there?

20. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    No, but I have now noticed SOTS' post. And I have to say, you won't find it by looking for it, at least not by looking with your eyes and your conceptual mind.

Although sometimes it works out for the best that way, so, what the hell, do that if you want, just don't say I didn't warn you, and keep yourself grounded in reality.

Otherwise, don't worry about it and don't push it or look for it. It'll happen when it happens, and you will know when it happens, and as others have said, unfortunately your rational faculties will be slightly affected.

21. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    I was in love once. Seriously in love. I ended up getting completely crushed when it ended. Brokenhearted isn't the word. There isn't a word for how I felt.

That was a few years ago, and I am going out with a really nice girl now, and I've been with a few others before her but the story was the same with each one. I can never bring myself to get emotionally attached again for fear of being hurt. I end up being what most women would call a "bastard" to the girls to protect myself and let them go.

That's my life.

I save all my love for my children.

22. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
  23. DARTHMOM10

DARTHMOM10 Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I've been in love before and been through all of the good, the bad, and the ugly/beautiful of it. It's just part of growing and learning to care for and feel for another person.

I think that if it truly is love that you've been in or are in, it never goes away. The feelings may change a bit, but the "love" that you feel for someone never goes away. Its like energy ... its not destroyed just changed. [face_love] :)

24. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I've been in love ... I am in love [face_love]

Love takes time - both to grow and to chance to something that's less important in your heart once it's over.

I've been "in-like" with guys before but never really in love until my boyfriend. I thought I'd been in love, even if only a little bit, but once you experience how deep love can go, you realize that what you had was more like "in-like". I'm sure that one day I'll consider the love I have now just a beginning of what I can feel. After all, we've been together for only more than a year.

25. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I'm going to bring this up now, as it's a topic that's dear to my heart. But please, if you're going to post here, try to think before you post. There are some really interesting posts in this thread and I wouldn't like to see them tarnished by more spam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.