main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Have you ever had a teacher like this?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master_Yoda516, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Yoda516

Master_Yoda516 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2002
    Last year in school, the day all the AOTC action figures and other stuff came out (it was a tuesday) in history class we did something different. Our teacher took the period to talk about his Star Wars action figures. He told his TPM story and then it led to his current story about AOTC. What do you think of that. (sorry about the lack of details, I don't have much time right now, I'll add more later)

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    He sounds like a pretty cool teacher!

3. berkovw

berkovw Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 1999
    I'm a teacher and the day all the figures came out, I took a personal day and was at Wal-Mart at 12:00 that night.

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    My music teacher is a star wars fan, at least thats what my buddy told me. I have her for the first time next quarter!

Lets just see how much of a fan she is ...

5. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I, too, am a high school teacher (Art) and a SW freak simultaneously. :) It works out just fine. :)

EDIT: I just realized that my girlfriend, MaraJW, was logged into my computer. I am kenobi420. Sorry 'bout that...

6. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Aaaaaaaah; now I feel like myself again... :)

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I have a couple of teachers who are casual fans. I stay after class to have discussions with them once in a while...

-saber holder

8. Master_Yoda516

Master_Yoda516 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2002
    Yea, during my whole countdown to AOTC time, I think I got my music teacher into SW a little, he was one of the first people after me to listen to the leaked AOTC soundtrack when I brought it into school. He said he really liked "Zam the Assasin". (probably because of all the different instrumentations in it and him being a music teacher).

P.S. should we move this topic into the Misc. forum because of the general SW topic with it. I originally put it here because it had to do with the action figures.

9. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I too am a collecting teacher. After the midnight madness sale for EpI I took some figs in to show some of my SW fan students. I even made a typically groan-inducing joke about the Opee not being a John West figure, "the fish that's Star Wars fans reject" (do you get those ads in the States?).

EDIT- spelling (what kind of teacher would I be if I let spelling errors slip?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.