main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Have you ever received hostility for liking the prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CrAsHcHaOs, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I have. Not from people on here, but from other places like IMDB. I have literally been told that I'm not a real fan of Star Wars for liking the prequels. And then there are people like Simon Pegg, who has outright said that he doesn't respect anyone who likes the prequels. He was serious about it too. I often wonder what would happen if he met George Lucas in person.

Has it ever happened to you?

2. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    No, never. But I don't really feel the need to defend the prequels whenever someone is saying negative thing about them. I have a lot of things that I don't like about them (specially in I and II, but I do like III quite a lot). But people saying "You're not a real fan" gets in my nervs, I mean, who the h*ll are they to say that? People are free to enjoy Star Wars for any reason, there's no such a thing as a "what to like and what to hate to be a Star Wars fan", this is a very closed-minded way to look at it.
    Maybe the prequels were not what some fans expected (myself included to a degree), but hey look, some fans enjoyed it, some people got into Star Wars because of it, I'm happy that they got enjoyment out of it, I'm happy that's a new doorway to Star Wars for many fans.
    It's sad that we have this kind of problem within Star Wars Fandom. It should not be used to generate any form of hate.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    We have plenty of threads about PT criticism/haters/etc. Please fold this into that, or into the social thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.