JCC Have you ever taken on a contest/challenge?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 30, 2012.

1. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Or done a "Challenge Accepted"?

Well I'm thinking about doing one. At the frozen custard place I go to they have a new challenge called the "Bite of the Big Dog" where you have to eat 30 oz of frozen custard, no toppings, with one water bottle in five minutes.

Now I was planning of not having any sweets anyway starting tomorrow till Thanksgiving. So I think this would be a good way to keep that motivation by doing this. I'm thinking about December I'll do it.

What do you think?
  2. Darth Morella Chosen One

star 6
    I think you should make a video of that and post it on your vlog.
  3. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    I will. But have you ever done any type of challenge?
  4. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think you should start doing research on diabetes and gout.

I haven't done any food challenges, but a friend of mine is on the wall at the Acme Oyster House in New Orleans. He ate 15 dozen oysters. I get nauseated at the thought.
    Last edited by Quixotic-Sith, Oct 30, 2012
  5. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I had to outrace my team mate (Sebastian Vettel) over a season. It was tough, with a good qualifying in the first round in Melbourne however the conditions were changeable and I lost a bit of a lead due to wet weather. Then, when I boxed, I got held up in exiting the pit lane. This enabled him to pass in me in what's known as the undercut. I was able to outscore him in most other races including at Singapore, where I won by 12.4 seconds (though another lap on those tyres would have resulted in a crash - they'd gone over the cliff).
  6. Darth Morella Chosen One

star 6
    To answer your question, I haven't done food challenges. But I am going to run my first 5K in a couple weeks; I don't care if I don't win, I will be proud of myself if I finish it within the required 30 min. :p
  7. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Farrell's. Ice cream place. Eat the full dessert of their large sizes, and get a ribbon. I ate two and started on a third before quitting. Probably not a good idea.
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  8. mavjade It's so FLUFFY Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 6
    One of the restaurants at Disney World's, Beach Club Resort they have an ice cream called the Kitchen Sink which is HUGE, (picture and ingredients at the link) three of us tried to eat it, and failed!

I didn't eat ice cream for a long time after that. [face_sick]
    Last edited by mavjade, Oct 30, 2012
  9. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't do it. A friend of mine once entered an eating contest. It damaged his stomach. Eating/drinking contests/challenges are stupid.
    Last edited by Violent Violet Menace, Oct 30, 2012
  10. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I did 7 Jagerbombs in 20 seconds to win a t-shirt. I declined the 9 straight shots challenge.
  11. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    I once had a dream that I was in a pie eating contest at a county fair with Abe Lincoln and Quetzalcoatl while a gospel choir was singing David Bowie songs.

I lost.
  12. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    What were you doing before that dream?
  13. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Brushing my teeth.
    TheGuardianofArlon likes this.
  14. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    I think you're going to ruin frozen custard for yourself for the rest of your life. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Alpha-Red, Oct 30, 2012