main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Have you ever tried to use the Force?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jul 12, 2001.

?

Have you ever tried to use the Force?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

93.7%
  2. No

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    I have moved a pen with my mind. It moved about 1/100th of a centimeter. I was stoked! That was 8 years ago. Now I can move a pencil a whole 1/50th of a centimeter. Boo ya!

2. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Yeah, got these horrible headache afterwards though.

3. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    many many times. i really should stop, it cant b good for my brain

4. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Tried using it to open automatic glass doors at work late one night. Next thing I woke up on local railway station. Mind you I was extremely drunk that night so the bruise on my head could have been from the doors not opening and me walking into them, but that still doesn't explain how I got to the station. :D

5. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    I've tried the Jedi Mind Trick a few times with some success. I've also tried to grab a toy lightsaber with the Force at a FanForce meeting.

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    sometimes if im at my desk and a pen or something is just out of reach (and i really cant be bothered moving) i try to use FORCE PULL, hopeing one time the pen may start to shake then fly into my grasp, alas - it has not happened yet...i will continue to try! ;) :p

7. Darth_Kel_Maher

Darth_Kel_Maher Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    the force is occasionally with me
    sometimes i'm able to do incredible things

8. Epyon-X

Epyon-X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Who hasn't? :D

I think everyone in one time or another's at least thought about trying to grab a pencil with the Force. :)

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    For as much as I've joked about calling TV remotes to my hand; I think I've had moments where I "took your first step into a larger world."
    One time, I was in the hot-tub at my local Bally's (trying to relax my back spasms) while my girlfriend worked out. After a while, my body & mind got very relaxed. It reminded me kinda like the hot spring under the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4. All of the sudden I got a "feeling" that Amy was near and I called to her. She was surprised because she ended her workout early to check on me; and I couldn't have seen her because my back was to her before she could say a word. The only explainatio I had was that I "felt" her presense nearby. I'm not saying I've got special powers; but I believe in God as a Catholic as well as that there is some kind of "Force" in our lives that sometimes gives us brief moments of something special. How they are related...heck if I know all the answers?

10. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Yes, very interesting...
    No one doesn't necessarily have to be very intelligent... one just has to be in tune with it... with an awakened but calm, passive mind.
    I had a dream where I could pick up a pen with the Force. Then I woke up in the dream, and I could still pick up the pen, and then I really woke up and I couldn't.
    But I have actually once foreseen that a certain female would go to a certain place at a certain time... needless to say I acted on the premonition.
    I also sometimes can tell when a certain person sends me e-mail or is online. This may take the form of a sudden mood shift.
    And there have been other things... I think it has more of a tendency to work when certain people [face_love] are involved. Once I logged on and she logged on 10 seconds later... Other times similar things have happened.
    Of course, Lucas didn't just make up the concepts behind the Force... he took them from real-world [mostly Eastern] religions.

11. GrandMoffTony

GrandMoffTony Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2001
    I used the force once. It was my own fault, I hadn't been eating enough fibre, but then who has time to have a high fibre diet these days? So anyway, I had to use the force and furthermore it was the dark side of the force and...*realises everyone is staring at me*...the force??? I don't know what you're talking about lady, the force is for kids...

On a serious note, yes I have used the jedi mind trick before. It worked really well. Mind you I look pretty mean and I think the guy was just scared of me...

12. eaglejedi

Feb 2, 2001
    Yes, I've used the mind trick to calm neighborhood dogs before.

13. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Yes, I have tried many times, with varied success. I keep trying to mind trick my friends, but it doesn't work, they all start laughing because they know what a freak I am. I can open the pharmacy and super market doors with the Force. Heck, it's easy. You just put out your hand and there they go... I have given myself several headaches trying to pull something toward myself :) I think that everyone tries to at some time.

14. eaglejedi

Feb 2, 2001
    Try not. There is no try. Only do or do not.

15. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I tried to calm my dog once with a 'mind trick', like Jacen did in YJK, and it really worked!! I've also tried to manipulate a candle flame, although, I've had varied success with that.

16. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I have. I never seriously thought it would work, but hey! I can dream, right? :D

17. MAROOTHDROOL

MAROOTHDROOL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2001
    Ah, I new the YES category would be high.

Afterall how do you know unless you try?

I constantly used the force to make a UDF worker move superhumanly slow when making me a milk shake. ;)

18. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    LOL, after watching "Mallrats" how could I noT?

19. jayrok

jayrok Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    Yes..and it works....I sound crazy..but that is all I can reveal....

20. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    yes i have tried.... it isn't that i am not Force sensitive- i just lack the proper training.

21. CoruscantJedi

CoruscantJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2001
    I've tried with a dangerously close pen and it worked.

22. JJDF413

JJDF413 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    all the time.

23. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    When I lost my hamster I expected its body to vanish... Sad but true. :(

Bless, I was only little!

24. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    The problem is that I usually do it mentally (hopefully it works!). Which then means that I won't be able to tell whether it was me doing it or the other person just knowing what I was thinking/being nice...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999
    It's good to try things at least once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.