main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Have you noticed..............

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Anakin1092, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin1092

Anakin1092 Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2005
    Have you guys noticed that besides Ben Kenobi cutting off Ponda Baba's arm in the cantina and Anakin killing the Tusken Raiders, no major person or Jedi has been injured or killed using a blue lightsaber until ROTS? I mean, Ob1 grabbed Qui-gon's lightsaber to kill Darth Maul, Luke cut off Vader's arm using his green lightsaber. It just seems kind of odd to me.

2. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    What about Obi-Wan cutting off Zam's hand in AoTC?
    And the Tusken slaughter is too major a detail to ignore.

But there is some sort of theme there, you aren't alone with this type of observation.

Episode 1
    - Obi-Wan is defeated using blue, succeeds with Qui-Gon's green sabre. No scratch on Maul from a blue sabre.
    Episode 2
    - Obi-Wan is defeated using blue. Anakin fights with green and blue, looses the green sabre, and is defeated using blue. Again, no scratch on Dooku from a blue sabre (or any for that matter).

Episode 3
    - Anakin defeats Dooku using blue. First time a duel is won using a blue sabre (even if you watch the Original Trilogy before the prequels).
    But Anakin makes the final blow using blue and red, symbolising his step further towards the darkside.
    - Anakin chops off Mace's arm using blue.
    - Anakin and Obi-Wan fight each other blue vs blue. Second time in the saga a duel is won with blue, but there were only blue sabres (symbolising these were former brothers fighting).
    Is being forced to chop off the legs of your former best-friend generally considered that much of a victory?

Episode 4
    - Vader kills Obi-Wan. Perhaps a moral victory on Obi-Wan's part, but in the context of this subject, red was victorious over blue once again.

Episode 5
    - Luke loses to Vader with Anakin's old blue sabre. Strangely, when Luke's own hand is cut off, he is using the sabre that Anakin cut off Mace's arm with. Luke's father's evil deeds of the past coming back to bite Luke in the ass?

Episode 6
    - As you said, Luke overpowers Vader using green. But then throws away the sabre and refuses to kill him.

So it makes perfect sense that many people are noticing patterns with the sabre colours, epsecially after the prequels were made.

3. Use2bVader

Use2bVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2006
    Obi-Wan's sabre was GREEN originally in Episode 4

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Are you sure about that? I thought the green sabre came into being because of filming problems with Luke on the sail barge in RoTJ...?

Carnage

5. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    that's true
    i'm 99.9% sure obi wan always had a blue

6. The_Chibi_Kiriyama

The_Chibi_Kiriyama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I'm 100% sure, seeing as I have the originals on VHS. Obi-Wan NEVER had a green lightsaber in the OT. EVER.

7. Sinjin_Sith

Sinjin_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2006
    That blue saber did a lot of damage in TESB...

Wampa... ok, he may not be "major" but that was a major infliction!

Tauntaun's guts gets spilled :)
    Yes, that tauntaun WAS a major character. Didn't you read the tauntaun trilogy? ;)
    And no, he wasn't dead already.... he was just collapsed like Luke!

More seriously, Luke blasted "Vader's" head off in the cave... OK, not the real vader, but violent and meaningful still.

And Luke injured the real Vader on Bespin, which caused Vader to lose it and cut Luke's hand off.

8. Use2bVader

Jan 6, 2006

In the first 2 releases of ANH Obi Wan's was green (albeit a little dim.) I think they went to Blue with the SE... But it may have been tinkered with after the first subtitled (Episode IV: A new Hope. My old Beta tapes that I cant watch anymore surely had green. I dont remember about the "official" videos....

It's truly sad that on the DVD version Lukes sabre is blue then green then blue......

9. Use2bVader

Jan 6, 2006
    Also remember the "Force Beam"?
    It was the flashlight lightsabre toy that Lucas sued over... came with 3 color gels red, blue and green

10. Darth_Walters

Darth_Walters Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2006
    acturally anikan killed the younglings with a blue light saber

11. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    He said until ROTS.
    That happened in Revenge of the Sith.

Whoa, it's 6am here. Off to bed.

12. Darth_Walters

Darth_Walters Jedi Padawan star 4