main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY have you seen the Star Wars Holiday Special?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I got a copy of the holiday special off ebay and I just got done watching it. I had seen parts of it many years ago but not the whole thing. So I sat down and watched the whole thing corny musical numbers and all, and I totally understand why Lucas won't release this on DVD, its horrible! It is very funny though, in a sad way, I enjoyed the scenes with Harvey Korman, not his Blazing Saddles best, but funny. I liked the Boba Fett cartoon, and thought it fit into the SW cointinuty well enough, sort of.

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    It hurt to watch.

Aside from the Fett cartoon, I sat and winced throughout as though I was constipated and suffering shooting gas pains.

It is that bad. It's not even really nostalgic - it just plain hurts to watch.

The old Kenner commercials are far more nostalgic - and I have all of them on DVD - along with Lumpy - the Star Wars Kidney Stone Special - as I like to call it.

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    It's GREAT! It's a must see (at least once) for any good Star Wars fan! :p

I myself have 2 BAD copies... one OK copy... and hopefully be getting a nice and Clean copy for X-mas from a friend. :D

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Wish you had told me you needed a copy. I could have burned you one. I hate that you had to spend money on that. Yes, commercials and Fett are the best part. Unless your a big Bea Aurther fan.

5. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Luckly it only cost me $6.00 with shipping, but I'm not to upset that I have it, it can go on my SW DVD shelf.

6. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Do you remember when that stormtrooper ripped up Lumpy's stuffed bantha? That was awesome! You know what else is awesome? Bringing back old topics. All the cool kids doing it.

7. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Bea Arthur is a full blown hotty!

"Thank you for being a friend, travelling down the road and back again, your heart is true and your a friend and a confidante. And if I threw a party and invited everyone you knew you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say: Thank you for being a friend."

8. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    That was absolutely beautiful. Who would of thought that under all that sarcasm and anger beat the heart of a poet. *sniff*

9. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    Doesn't anyone else think it is a bit creepy that Treyger can recite the whole Golden Girls theme??? 1 creepy vote from me.

10. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    This is Nardo. Curse the sharing of computers. That was me last post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.