main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Have you seen this man...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jymm_Roquand, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    [image=http://www.sonypictures.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/image/pr1031022.jpg]

Supposedly MTV and Sony Entertainment have put together A New Animated Series, starring my favorite wallcrawler. Unfortunately I don't get MTV and knowing Much Music it won't be on there. Anyone hear anything of it coming to Canada??

2. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Check teletoon. They have picked animated MTV series before like Undergrads and Clone High. It might also be on MTV Canada in wich case I'll be watching :) Bell ExpresVu is good :) The episodes could be found on Kazaa or another P2P service.

3. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I really doubt that MuchMusic will pick this up. They seem to lean towards showing alot of there own "local" programming, Much on Demand, The countdown, whatever. I do think that the chance of Teletoon, or even possibly YTV? picking it up, are very good though :)

4. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well Teletoon, the only thing I could find about Spiderman was the old TV series. I may try to email them to investigate further. SomehowI think YTV is the best bet since they are Superhero happy right now with all the series they have running. Unfrotunately something tells me MTV Canada is my only option which sucks because I can't afford digital cable or satalite.

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Try Kazaa ;)

Or get someone to tape them for you :)

I am excited about this too :)

6. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Kazaa is evil and I would prefer to be able to see them my self. I hate american Tv. they always have great shows but never show them here. :p

7. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Same with the Star Wars cartoon!

8. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Eh still won't be as good as the orginal Spiderman and Friends series!!

9. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I still have never seen that ubt I have enjoyed (at least partially) every Spider series that I have seen to date. Heck I still stay up to watch the original one on Teletoon when I can. I drove my roommate nuts because he hated it. :p

10. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    This Just in!!

Compliments of the people of Spiderman Hype

I saw Ya commercial On YTV a canadian cable station and finally Canadians (without satilite) can watch the new Spider-Man Cartoon. YTV has added the show to its new fall line-out, along with Teen Titans.

YTV Posted this!
    SPIDERMAN
    This CGI animated series picks up where the live action movie left off; following the adventures of Peter Parker and his friends during their first year at college.

11. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Additional details of the toon,

Animation is done here in Canada by Mainframe Entertainment. These are the folks who brought us Reboot, BeastWars Transformers, Shadow Raiders, etc. etc. Sony liked the job they did on the Heavy Gear animated series and so retained them for Spidey.

Can he swing from a thread?
    Take a look, overhead - hey hey! There goes a Spider-Man.

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Awesome!!

13. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    The series is based off the movies apparently so since Sony expects us to know spiey's origins already they are just jumping into the stroy. Unfortunately this means we will have the ditsy, airhead Mary Jane not the sexy supermodel with sas kinda MJ. Disapointing to say the least.

I wonder though if Sony will include developements of the story from this in the next movie which is filming now. Obviously they won't be having Norman Osborn or Otto Octavious (he first apears in the sequal). But will events in the TV series affect those in the sequal...could be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.