main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Have your top 3 Star Wars films changed over the years?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by EternalStutter, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I find that quite sad but I appreciate you telling your story. I never was really frightened of Tarkin. Sure, he looked a bit unusual but his eyes are sad and say so very much.

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    My top three has always been the three movies in the PT, so here is the list:

1. RotS
    2. AotC
    3. TPM

Mainly it is AotC and TPM that change place constantly. RotS is definitely my number one.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've gained an appreciation for ROTJ's throne room scenes and Vader's redemption over the years. As I matured, these scenes aquired so much emotional meaning for me. I cry everytime I watch Vader's redemption.

callmejoe likes this.
  4. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    No, not really.

5. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    My top three use to constantly switch between ANH, ESB, and ROTS. So now I just put them equally at number one with ROTJ, TPM,and AOTC rounding out the bottom three. All six films are epic in my opinion, though, and deeply loved.

6. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Nope. Top three are still:

1. ROTS
    2. AOTC
    3. TPM

Though it's weird because whenever I rewatch them, I always start with TPM and think, "Okay, now THIS one's my favorite." But by the time I get to ROTS, I always remember why I still consider it the best.

Alienware likes this.
  7. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Although I love all the movies, my top three are now and have always been: 1. TESB 2. ANH 3. ROTJ. Waiting to see if the ST changes my mind.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    As a kid, it was usually Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi, and... The Phantom Menace, maybe? Now it's The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, and Return of the Jedi, although I do love both The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith, and I like Attack of the Clones for the most part.

9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I've watched all six films twice since I made this post and I can safely say my order for my top three Star Wars films remain the same. My love for all six/seven films are just about equal, I just prefer the story and characters of the prequels.

1. The Phantom Menace
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. A New Hope
    5. The Empire Strikes Back
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Clone Wars

Saga Explorer likes this.
  10. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Yes, but ROTJ has always remained my favorite.

11. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    ROTJ was my favorite as a kid but its getting harder to overlook its flaws as I get older. I still think its a great film but its probably my 3rd favorite now.

12. TuskenTourniquet

TuskenTourniquet Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2015
    Yes. I flip flop ESB and ANH at 1-2. They're both phenomeal films that captivate me with every single shot and it really just depends on my mood.

I also flip flop ROTS and ROTJ. ROTS has a terrible script and too much CGI, but I love the darkness, tragedy, and emotional build up. ROTJ is a mix of great and weak story arcs. I love act 1 with Jabba and the Luke/Vader arc is excellent. However, Lucas seems ready to kill off every badass villian with ease. Bobba Fett crashing into a wall? The Super Star Destoyer blowing up that easily? The Death Star being that vunerable? The freaking Ewoks beating the empire?!?! When the rebels win in ANH you buy it, because they actualy worked for it. In ROTJ it just all comes too easily.

Lt. Hija and MOC Yak Face like this.
  13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Nah. ROTS on top always. ESB second. TPM third.

Been that way now for years

14. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    For many years I've considered my top two to be leagues ahead of all the others. I'm hoping that's about to change.

15. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    Yeah my top three movies have changed quite a few times over the years. Mostly because Lucas keeps updating them every 5 years or so. :)

16. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    Empire was my favorite as a kid, not it's ROTS. Who knows what'll happen to my list and other people's lists after TFA comes out. I mean...every star wars movie has someone having it as #1. I've heard many people say each 6 several times. Some say TPM, some say empire, some say ROTS, soon people will say TFA.

17. droidfan

droidfan Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2015
    Yes. A couple times in fact. Usually only the 1st place spot has changed.

When I was small (8-9 or so) I liked Return of the Jedi the best. Shortly after Revenge of the Sith came out (I was 14) that became my favorite. Then around the age of 17 I'm guessing Empire Strikes back became my undisputed favorite. I'm now nearly 25 and Empire remains my absolute favorite and most watched.

18. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    My favorites seem to be consistantly the original trilogy, 4, 5, and 6. However, the order of preference within those three often shift around.

I will make the distinction that there are times I'm just more in the mood to watch any of the six just based on how I feel at that moment, and not which I like more than the others.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Top 3 does change from time to time. Of the main 6 films ESB and ROTS flip and flop between the number 1 and 2 spot. That has been consistent since 2005. Number 3 mostly goes to TPM. The bottom feeders being ROTJ and AOTC being 5 and 6.

As of now i rank top 3 like this
    Revenge of the Sith
    The Empire Stikes Back
    The Phantom Menace

Then the other 3

A New Hope
    Attack of the Clones
    Return of the Jedi

20. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I use to rank all of the OT over the PT, but I realized that's not how I really felt.

My old ranking:
    ROTJ
    TESB
    ANH

My updated ranking:
    AOTC
    ROTJ
    Either ANH or TPM depending on my mood

Now with TFA out, I'm still deciding what spot to put it at, but it's definitely in the top 3.

21. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Yes, The Force Awakens displaced Jedi as my third favorite.

1. Empire
    2. Star Wars
    3. Awakens
    4. Jedi
    5. Sith
    6. Clones
    7. Menace

22. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    10 years ago when I was in elementary school my favorites were very different from today My top three would have been...

1.ROTJ
    2.TPM
    3.ANH

I've noticed that as a kid I enjoyed the more lighthearted and optimistic star wars movies. At the time my least favorites were ROTS and ESB (now my favorite).

Currently my top 3 would be...

1.ESB
    2.ANH
    3.TFA

ObiWanKnowsMe and MOC Yak Face like this.
  23. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Top 3 have always been ROTJ, ESB, and ANH for me. ROTJ and ESB often switch between first and second, but that's about it. I love ROTS and TFA, and the other two are "okay" - usually, they're rated the lowest on my lists. The "other movies?" shudders

24. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    It's changed a few times. After I saw Revenge Of The Sith, that skyrocketed to being my favorite movie for a really long time. But I've come to my senses and Return Of The Jedi is still my number-one. Revenge Of The Sith is a really close second though

25. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    My appreciation of ROTJ has endured throughout the years, and it is still the movie I find most enjoyable in the franchise. If I had to stick with a top-3 approach, it would turn into a struggle between ESB, ANH and ROTS for the two remaining spots.

Ewok Poet likes this.