main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

haven't seen any info on AOTC score... Ultimate edition?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by niennumb1, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'd much rather have a mixed bag release like the TPM UE less than 2 years after the film's release than to have to wait 17 years to get the full score like we did with ANH, ESB and ROTJ. While it is an imperfect release, it is still better than nothing until 2016.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "hey [edited], at least someone that pays about 2 dollars is a bit smarter than the one that pays 30 $ for a substandard release."

Yes, go ahead and say that; it IS definitely finacially "smarter" to such a thing. Say that, and I will agree with you, just don't make it sound like you're sticking up for some morals or principles by pirating something.

Say it like it like it is, and I won't make a big deal out of it. :)

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Well said, Sithman.

4. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    It's just that some people think it's bad to find respite in piracy. Oh, it's Lucas' fault that he chose Sith as the name of the dark guys, this word takes lots of puns.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Anyhoo...anybody else not really understand why people have a problem with the cover of the UE? I personally think it's great..the blue & black would've been an interesting color scheme for Maul, IMO..

6. batvader

Dec 23, 2002
    It's just ugly.

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I like it. And with the fan based CRAZE over Darth Maul, it's no wonder they put him on the cover.

8. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    batvader, since you're so apt to critisize, what would you have put on the cover? Everyone I know that has the UE loves it. It's one thing to say you personally don't like it, but to sit there and just say it's ugly is stupid. At least say what you would have done.

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Everyone has a right to say what they consider "beautiful" or not. There are tactful ways and rude ways of expressing any opinion. Hopefully we can all share our opinions without making anything personal towards other JCers.

:)

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    funny...I was just thinking about this a couple of minutes ago...and now I find this thread....

I too can not wait for an AotC UE.

I love my SE's and TPM UE.

11. batvader

Dec 23, 2002
    What would I put on the cover? A professional-made collage, or a posh-looking total black cover with a small logo.

Some say that an ''ultimate AOTC'' album will be released well after the prequel trilogy is complete, alongside complete albums for Episode I and Episode III (much like the RCA ones for the OT).

Note: If you actually say praising words for a faulty product, you encourage the companies to release more such substandards products.

12. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    TPM UE was a solid release. Most of the problems you have with the release are from the movie itself - when GL decided to chop up bits of Williams' score. Personally, I would jump at the chance to buy an AOTC UE score - even though I think the overall score of AOTC was weaker than TPM.

13. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi

MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    haven't seen any info on AOTC score... Ultimate edition?

Nope, but I hope they will release it soon, because I love the AOTC music more then the TPM UE, which I won (hoorah) in a quiz of Canal +

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.