main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Having a hard time guessing what the first spin-off will be.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThermalDeton, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThermalDeton

ThermalDeton Jedi Master star 2

Feb 3, 2005
    Everything seemed to point to Boba-Fett, now with the news of a potential Leia look-alike I think it may be Leia as the first spin off. We do know that it's scheduled for Dec 2016. I imagine the first trailer will be released during the Ep VII showing interval.

Do we know anything concrete?

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We don't have anything officially confirmed yet, no.

3. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    It could be anything! It's kind of fun to guess whats gonna be. :)

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I wonder when we will know. They're bound to start shooting soon, so I guess it might be at Celebration. I'd be surprised if they managed to keep it under wraps until after the release of TFA, which otherwise seems like something they'd want to do.

Oh, and btw DaddlerTheDalek - I love the fact that you have Dalek in your username, a picture of Scotty as your avatar, while posting on a Star Wars forum! ^:)^

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Could have a competition somehow...guess the spin off star? Luxury yachts for the winners?

6. penguinmeadow

penguinmeadow Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2015
    Its Likely where gonna get a booba fett, obi wan and Han Solo spin off

7. ThermalDeton

ThermalDeton Jedi Master star 2

Feb 3, 2005
    I'm wondering about the Leia look alike in the casting news... any chance of a Leia spin off first?

8. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  9. MoonKnight13

MoonKnight13 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2015
    Scuttle butt says the first spinoff will The Emperors Hand, Mara Jade. Of course nothing concrete.
    There is also something saying it could be Leia's story between Empire and RotJ.

10. MoonKnight13

MoonKnight13 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2015
    Another rumor is the Sith origins story which as Lucas put it would not be based on prior novels.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The whole movie is one big Ric Ollie biopic!

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    MoonKnight13, please use the edit feature to avoid double posting/post stacking, it is considered spam.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I can say with 99.999999% certainty that these aren't correct.
    Mara Jade, as much as I enjoy the character, is Legends now, and will probably stay that way. It could happen, but it's very unlikely.

And I have a very hard time believing that they would recast Leia at the same time as Carrie Fisher returns to the role for the first time in more than 30 years.

Well, the Sith origins movie will probably happen at some point, I think TPTB will want to focus on more familiar settings in their first ventures to the galaxy far far away. The Sith's origins will probably have to wait until after the ST is completed.

14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd imagine an announcement for who the spinoff would at least be about should be coming soon-seeing as how it'll start production soon-and be released next year...It's not common for a film to remain silent about something as basic as who it's about, even after principal photography has begun.

Celebration? (Hopefully the "kickoff in a big way/day long remembered" is rather regarding TFA and not this...)

Comic Con?

15. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I fully expect at the end of Ep VII, there to be a post credit teaser for the first spin off similar to Marvel although it wont be connected in the same way.

16. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    As long as it doesn't interrupt the end credits' musical suite, I might actually be fine with that. It would just have to be at the very end of the credits.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.