main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Having some problems with SWTOR...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthLokust, Jan 30, 2012.

1. DarthLokust

DarthLokust Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2010
    Hi. I recently purchased Star Wars: The Old Republic (standard retail edition) and installed the game. However, when I launch the game launcher and enter my SWTOR.com email address and password, a message comes up saying "Server not responding" and clears the password field. I've created an Origin account with the same email address, registered my game code and answered the security questions-- however, what I haven't done is register a subscription, but I don't think this would prevent me from actually signing in to the game.

I've already determined that this is not a connection-based problem, and all of the in-game servers are running fine. I've also not posted this on the official forums as they are not allowing me to post or create threads, even though I have registered my account. I've also sent in a consumer support ticket, but they haven't responded.

Sorry for the hassle, but I'm new to MMO registration, subscription, and EA in general. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is or how to fix it? It would be much appreciated on my part :)

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    While the error is odd, I know that in order to play, I had to select a subscription model.

3. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    You have to chose a subscription. They won't charge you until the time comes, but you need one in order to play.