main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Having surgery this week :(

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dantana Skywalker, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, guys. Just thought I'd mention that I'm having surgery on my knee this week, so I might not be on for a while. Can't guarantee any sort of access because I might not be able to go up and down the stairs.

Wish me luck!

Dana

2. MightySpork

MightySpork Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Good luck! :) I hope all goes well! :)

3. jedimotion

jedimotion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 12, 2002
    Mmmmm, knee surgery suckth. I had my right knee scoped twice.

Best o' luck.

4. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Good luck.

5. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    me too, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out... good luck and speedy recovery ds. :p

6. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Trish, honey, I'm sorry to hear about the wisdom teeth. Stock up on a load of soft foods!

7. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    of all the pains and doctor offices that I've been in for what ever reason, having my wisdom teeth out was my favorite. If I had to repeat any of them it would be that one.

Good luck on the knee, Datana!! Remember to mark the correct knee!!

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, guys, I'm back. Sorta. I'm sitting on the couch, using my mom's laptop, which has internet access. :)

The surgery went well, I think. I might have asked the surgeon if he was related to Viggo Mortensen (his name is Wayne Mortensen) but I don't think he answered me. If he did, I kinda don't remember, 'cause I didn't have a very good experience with the general anesthesia . . .

Sorry 'bout the wisdom teeth, Trish!! Hope everything goes okay. Soon as the knee's better, I've gotta go have the teeth yanked, so . . .

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi.

Dana

9. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Ack, Dana, this is what I get for not checking the boards in awhile! I'm glad to hear everything's okay. And good luck to all those who are getting teeth pulled!

To date I've had a total of 14 teeth pulled...hopefully I am through with that nightmare. ;) Anyway, I'd love to hear your anesthesia stories, everyone...I always enjoy those immensely. :)

-Mia

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    I'm glad to hear you're surgery went well, Dantana. I'd feel like a real jerk if I didn't post this. ;)

11. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    hey DS, how are you lately? What pain killers have they given you? I got some percocet for mine. ;) [face_mischief]

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    They gave me hydrocordone (the bottle said hydrocodone, though). But it made me sick, even with food, so I stopped taking it. I took plain ol' ibuprofen instead, and that worked better. Fortunately, I also have a perscription for Relafen, which is also known as Motrin, so basically I have perscription-strength Motrin.

I'm doing good, basically. How are you doing? Have any fun adventures with anesthesia?

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.