main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Having trouble running the Republic Commando Demo- need help!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DookuIsTyranus, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I wasn't sure whether to post this under the official thread or not, but I am having a problem running the Republic Commando demo. First it prompted me that it needed the newest DirectX drivers to run it, which in this case is 9.0c. Okay, I downloaded it and now I have that. But now, I get the error box that says, "Insufficient Pixel shader detected on your display adapter. Republic Commando requires Pixel shader 1.1 or higher, do you want to continue?" Help! What can I do to correct this problem? Is there a way to download a patch to restore the pixel shader, or to just download the pixel shader, or what? What must I do? Please help me! [face_praying]

2. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I'll try,

first, what graphic/video card are you using?

3. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Indy3,

Thanks anyway, but a couple of people also answered my question over at The Massassi Temple. I have a machine with an NVidia. A word to the wise: DO NOT download and/or buy the demo or the full game expecting it to run on a computer with an NVidia chipset or card. [face_frustrated] You will be sorely burned by the experience. I know I was. LucasArts should have warned people downloading the demo of this fact. I will never buy another game from them again that's a new title until they have made them able to be played on a machine that's fairly current without having to upgrade just to play something!! :mad:

4. Tommy-Barpisa

Tommy-Barpisa Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    to play it you have to go to Local Disk (C:) and then go to program flies then go to LucasArts and then go to Star Wars Republic Commando Demo and then go to GameData then go to System and click on it SWRepublicCommando and play that how I got it to work.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > have a machine with an NVidia. A word to the wise: DO NOT download and/or buy the demo or the full game expecting it to run on a computer with an NVidia chipset or card.

Uhh, that's casting a pretty far net, considering Nvidia and ATi are the 2 main chipset producers for graphics cards.

I'd be absolutely shocked if the demo would not run on any nvidia card, I think you've just got an older / cheaper card (like a GeForce MX / Ti) that doesn't have the features necessary to run the game (in this case 'pixel shading').

For what it's worth the game won't run on ATI cards that fail to meet minimum specs either.

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I have an nVidia GeForceFX5200 and it's running fine. The funny thing is that I've heard of computers with far superior video cards that simply won't run it. Regardless, LEC has released a list of video cards that the full version will support, so there's no duplicity or secrecy on their part. You'll just need a computer that can handle it.

7. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    to play it you have to go to Local Disk (C:) and then go to program flies then go to LucasArts and then go to Star Wars Republic Commando Demo and then go to GameData then go to System and click on it SWRepublicCommando and play that how I got it to work.

Didn't work for me.

8. Tommy-Barpisa

Tommy-Barpisa Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    It work for me and it is sweet!! :D

9. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    At least it's telling you the graphics won't work, I just started playing and the entire view outside of my helmet was blurry as hell. Couldn't see a damn thing.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Did you clean your visor?

11. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    How do you do that?

12. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Doesn't it do that automatically?

13. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I've got a Radeon 7500 and its running fine not at top settings but still good.

14. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    "Doesn't it do that automatically?"

I thought so, it did that in the Xbox demo. Did anyone else have to wipe their visor clean to see at the start of the level?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.