Hawaii HAWAI'I STAR WARS FILM

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Hapajedi, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Aloha,
    My name is John Maemori to some Im known as Jonakin, or Keoni, I'm a local filmmaker.
    The emotional experience the star wars legacy has taken on myself as well as what it has done to all of us inspiring us our everyday life as well as our dreams and aspirations in life. Well after our last big experience of waiting in lines and dressing up (other than Halloween) the only other thing to look forward too is the DVD and the future scaled down versions on television. But nothing will have the same impact as it did on that last day on my 18th of May. To hear the 20th Century fox fanfare and seeing ?Along time ago, in a galaxy, far, far, away? one last time. When it was all over there was a deep sadness inside made me that made me cry. Although only we know what it meant. The years of anticipation, the waiting, the trying to stay spoiler-free, only us star wars fan can really know the pain of what to do now.
    So what do we do now? like the time between the two trilogies, most of us were lost, didn?t know what to focus on? There are other franchises that are interesting but none as much as what star wars meant to us.
    Which brings me to my project. This is something I have been working for awhile. Story wise it?s been in my head along time now, but I didn?t want to start on it till episode 3 was over.
    I dont know if you have seen a lot of fan films like myself, dont get me wrong, some are good, some bad, and some that are really bad. I know I constantly watch them seeing what I would do differently. Most of them are parodies and for that most people just laugh at the thought of a ?fan film?.
    The script for this film is really good in my own opinion; I have gone over and over the limitations on the force.net on fan films, the legalities and what not.
    This would be a full-length feature, about 90 minutes long. It set 10-15 years after episode 3, and will focus on the Jedi purge, Because we know that all Jedi are extinct by the time of episode 4, and after episode 3 ended, it opened the door to my story, so our characters will be new ones I have written and will focus on their fight against evil forces (not imperial, till the end at least).
    I have assembled some of the finest people in the Hawaii Television industry on this project. I myself work in television. I pretty much know I can get this done in a very professional way. We have the equipment and the talent. I have assembled some of Hawaii?s top martial artist to be the Jedi and have a few digital artist and some great local actors as well. We have a good budget and lot of our production people work in the industry or are film and television majors at ACM and Leeward. Of course we have the support of the local 501st legion, which will also be doing some filming with us in the next couple of weeks. We are doing awesome work with blue screen and matte paintings, we are even building a large scale model for some of the blue screen shots of our starship, which is in reminiscent of the original trilogy. So were taking it back to the old school style which to me is more impressive that the all too common CG nowadays.
    Like I tell everybody, this project is one that will garner no glory and pay due to certain legalities of it being labeled as a "fan film" but I actually don?t consider it a "fan film" anymore. To me it has become more of a tribute to George Lucas and an expression of my love for that film genre.
    What I wanted to ask is if anyone on our little boards here would be interested in helping out on our production? I would really be good to have the hawaii based fans helping us on this. Looking for publicity as well as maybe donations in any form or support, we just would like to see what kind of support we could get on any level. Whether it be clothes, toy guns, donations for costumes, food for onset and use of locations for shooting, and of course monetary is always welcome too hehehe but not highly desired.
    Most of the budget and costumes, props, etc have come out of my pocket thus far but just wanted to see if thier were anyone else out ther
  2. NEMES1S Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well said John. Though I have only chatted with you online for a short time, I truely understand what you are saying. Until Lucas's next project, it is up to its fans, to create their own 'magic'. You have my support.=D= NEMES1S kneels down on one knee, head bowed..."what is thy bidding my master...?" ;)

3. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey I bet everybody( starwars fan or not) would be in your film but some are sometimes to shy. I'll do the best i can to help and support you guys.
    You have my support on this project and in the great words of Obi-wan" You should do what you feel is right, of course."

zekk out.

P.S. what types of parksabers do you have? Curious I am.
  4. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Here are a few of them, a few others I am having custom made at a machine shop, then puttting my own personal touches on them.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/DSC00791.jpg]
  5. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Here is one of our martial artist for a costume test for one of our jedi's. Anakin type costume used just for test fitting, were making a half dozen uniforms and robes for the characters.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/Rockyswordmaster.jpg]
  6. NEMES1S Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow. Now that guys looks bad-ass. This is getting me pretty excited about the whola thang.... Cheeehhuuuu!!!
  7. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Heres another one of our character test shot for the "Marauders" The main villians in the film, kind of a cross between Jabbas palace guards and bounty hunters.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/sncris.jpg]
  8. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Fantasic costumes! By the way, send me a PM so I can see your movie in the works. Also if it's not to much, give us a tiny introduction on the film. You don't need to answer this.
    zekk out.

P.S. The park sabers I have are the Echleon and the Graflex.
  9. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Another "Marauder Sniper"
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/Sniper2.jpg]
  10. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/Sniper1dfgfgdf3.jpg]
  11. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    This story takes place 10 or so years after episode 3, and will focus on the Jedi being hunted by different factions in the galaxy. Their roles as guardians of peace and justice while being fugitives will be the main focus of the films plot. Most of the films storyline is still CLASSIFIED but will be revealed in good time.
  12. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Will be doing flashbacks of "Order 66" that will fill in our characters back stories.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/TrooperTest.jpg]
    Here is one of our local 501st as a clone trooper executing "Order 66" for one of the flashback scenes.
  13. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Filming with the 501st today, will have pictures of todays shoot later this evening!
  14. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hope you got great footage. sowwy I haven't been able to participate, but still moving jobs, and these 14-day weeks are wearing me out. Next week we go on vacation for 3 weeks to the mainland to see family. will catch up with you folks upon return at end of September.
  15. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    More Snipers
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/toryscopin.jpg]
  16. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    501st Vader on set
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/chrisvader.jpg]
  17. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    leaving for vacation; you all have a great time and please look after each other. see you all in October. [:D]
  18. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Enjoy your vacation macnut.

Nice pics hapajedi. Are those the pics you shot at koko head?

Keep up the "great" work.

19. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Safe trip Mac-nut!
    No, we actually canceled the koko head shoot date for a later time, I will let you know when we be filming out there again, if you can come out for the shoot, that would be awesome.
  20. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey guy thanks for coming out to our little call, you got to see some aspects of what were doing, and now we know we can use you in multiple roles as well! Thanks again, I appreciate your time and hard work, Although We didnt get to show each other the sabers, next time I promise! Until the next one, may the force be with you! Keoni
  21. NEMES1S Jedi Knight

star 1
    The pleasure was all mine!!! Don't thank me - in fact Im the one who should thank you for giving me this "once-in-a-lifetime" chance to be part of your project! :D

And to the rest of you out there, c'mon and show your support as well as your love for SW - this is your chance... don't let this one pass you by.
  22. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3

Hey,
    I have another casting call this weekend if you all would like to come out and brave the rain, would love to have all the local fans there. I have a few people from Maui coming down as well. Just wanted to send this out to you if your available this weekend to come check it out, We have majority of our cast, but were holding the call to find the uncast roles for the film, but were going to need lots and lots of extras so let me know if you can make it, so we can your contact info and headshot for our database, hope you can come.
    mahaloz,
    Keoni

CASTING CALL

Time:Saturday Sept. 10th and 17th, 10:00am- 2:00pm

Place:Kalihi Elementary School (Outdoor Gym)
    Halina Street

This is an OPEN casting call for actors and extras, experienced and inexperienced.
    I am looking for semi-experienced and non-experienced actors, martial arts/sword fighting/dueling experience are a plus.
    Looking for the following speaking roles, non-speaking roles as well as a dozen extras, any gender, or race are welcome. Have a crew but always looking for talented people. Filming will begin in the latter half of 2005.

Principal Cast
    Male Lead (40-50s) speaking role

Male (30-40s) Leads right hand, limited speaking role

Male (30-40s) martial arts, fencing, kendo, limited speaking role

Male (18-20's) martial arts/gymnastics, speaking role

Male (30-40s) Comedian/comic relief, martial arts, speaking role

Male (20-30s) athletic build at least 65 and up, limited speaking role

Woman (18-30s) martial arts/gymnastic training, limited speaking role

Male Villain (20s-40s) martial arts, limited speaking role

Male Elder (50-60s) limited speaking role

Woman (18-20s) limited speaking role

Male (20-40s) limited speaking role

Male Villain right hand (20-30s) athletic build, non speaking

Extras
    Males Thugs (any race, 18-40s)
    Male and Female Commoners (any race, 18-40s)
    For the schedule and/or more information, contact Keoni by email:
    hapajedi@yahoo.com

need directions?
    heres a mapblast below
    http://maps.yahoo.com/pmaps?addr=Halina&csz=Honolulu%2C+HI+96819&state=HI&uzip=96819&ds=n&name=&

Mahalo,
    Keoni or Jon aka Jonakin
    JHM Productions
  23. NEMES1S Jedi Knight

star 1
    Keoni,
    I'm probably gonna be there early to secure myself a choice parking stall [face_whistling]- especially with the rain forecast. I'll see you there!

Phil (aka NEMES1S)
  24. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Mahaloz everyone, especially my alumni, for coming out yesterday, it actually turned out to be a beautiful day other than the high winds. Shooting schedule is going forward but depending on the rain, we see how it looks in the next few weeks. Will keep you all posted!
  25. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Curious once more. When do ya think you will relaease your film to the public if everything is going right?

I will be here if you need me for helping out on the film. :D

zekk out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.