main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hayden-A Perfect choice for The Chosen One

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithHappensIII, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithHappensIII

SithHappensIII Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Ever since AOTC, I noticed that not a lot of people have given much credit to Hayden's performance. Most people said that things like "It's great to know that Vader was a whiny little whimp" , and about how he is such a bad actor.

Well I, for one, have to give credit to the guy. Ever since i saw the scene with him and padme in the homestead garage, where he admits to killing the sand people, I knew he would be a perfect choice for Anakin. And his performance in Revenge of the Sith proved it even further.
    What do you guys think?

Strilo edit: I know this was moved but we already have a thread discussing Hayden. Please check the forum index.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Moving to the PT Forum.

3. lord_VaDER-_-

lord_VaDER-_- Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    i totally agree
    hayden did an amazing job as anakin
    i thought he really captured the character well and is an amazing actor
    him and ewan r my favorate actors in the pt

4. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    I agree :D I think Hayden was a perfect choice to play Anakin. Lucas said in the Unscripted interview on Moviefone that Hayden really wanted to play Vader but Lucas had to make him play this whiny teenager first. He and Mark Hamill look very similar. I mean Sebastian Shaw and Mark Hamill looked nothing alike so Hayden was a great choice. You can see the emotions going through his head in ROTS, his pure agony and the conflict. It was easy for the masked Vader to portray conflict since we can't see his facial expressions! In fact, you don't even see the conflict, you only know about it from Luke. Hayden's Anakin also makes Mark's Luke look not so whiny in comparison now. I felt like "God, it's genetic. Skywalker men are whiny!" Ewan was excellent as Obi-Wan through out the PT but especially in ROTS. He really looked like a young Alec.

5. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    ^^if this is what passes for acting then movies truely are dead, and some day soon we'll just go to the theatres for all the high quality coca cola comercials, and leave before the comming attractions

6. SithHappensIII

SithHappensIII Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    If you think about it, he's possibly the only character that had to display really strong emotions. In the OT, the most Luke had to was look at the two suns and look sad, and scream really loud when he finds out about Daddy, that's about it.

7. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    HAHAHA!

I think one of the reasons its so funny he is whiney and even when Jake Lloyd was real naive is that you saw how much his son was like him. We will see who is better. Mark never really got anything else(I know a lot had to do with type casting) Hayden has already been in Life is a House and it was good. We will see how many more he does. Also, not many actors could pull of the depth of pain or anger an hurt as Hayden did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.