main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader) in IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Will Anakin appear in IX?

1. Yes

248 vote(s)
    66.3%
  2. No

126 vote(s)
    33.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This^^ ...or at least a very old o66 survivor.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm sure some will say you already have with Chewie, Artoo and Threepio. That would be a cheap excuse, however had Yoda interacted with Rey it would've been so much more than cheap.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    And Kylo feeling more like the main character of TLJ instead of Rey kind of reinforces the idea that it's always possible for him to be redeemed.

Plan741 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I agree I think we saw Kylo get over his Vader idolizing in his first scene in Last Jedi. "You're just a child in a mask." *smashie smashie* and later on he says let the Sith die. So I think even if Anakin Skywalker himself showed up, Kylo would be all "Pshaw. Talk to the hand, girlfriend!" Well, he'd say something cooler than that but you know what I mean.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  5. Resistance Trooper 2

Resistance Trooper 2 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2018
    I think what they have planned is a grand return for Anakin Skywalker. This is why they sort of downplayed Luke's legacy: the Saga is really Anakin's story, and so Luke had to fall, so to speak. Now Anakin will return and give Kylo the thumping he needs.

wobbits likes this.
  6. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Yeah I doubt we will get a Hayden Christensen force ghost in Episode 9, as the best shot for that was Episode 8 I believe. I think it's possible his voice or ghost could appear in Episode 9 to try and get Kylo's attention, and tell him to stop the nonsense. But I would be surprised.

The force ghost mysticism is fascinating and I wonder why only Yoda appeared to Luke in Episode 8. I'm inclined to believe Luke had talks with his father's force ghost and Obiwan force ghost at times not seen in the movie. It'd make sense

7. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015
    I think it would be too much for Luke, Yoda and Anakin to be in VIII... It is definitely a possibility, it really depends on where story goes.

It is hard to say he will or he will not be there when we know practically nothing about the movie.

Resistance Trooper 2 likes this.
  8. Resistance Trooper 2

May 11, 2018
    I'd love to see Anakin actually appear in his Vader armor! Right as Kylo and the Knights of Ren are about to take Rey and friends down, who of all people appear? Freaking Darth Vader. The image of evil becomes the image of good!

Then maybe as the fight goes, Vader removes the mask to reveal Anakin, and fights that way. And Luke and Yoda and Kenobi join in for an epic fight!

These movies are supposed to be fun, and I think this kind of bring-everyone-in for a final battle would be. :)

It reminds me of the end of Solo and the return of one of my favorite characters! So much fun!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    They have said IX will unite the saga and reference all three trilogies. Something is bound to happen.

10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes.

[​IMG]

11. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Lucasfilm actually put Maul in Solo. It gives me confidence that Anakin will appear in IX.

12. BrotherKylo

BrotherKylo Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Very true! I hold a tad faith Anakin will be in it BUT who knows anymore.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The Maul thing is a good point. I've been pretty adamant that Christensen wouldn't be showing up in the ST, even though they considered it in at least some capacity considering concept art of Anakin's ghost appearing to Luke exists... but the Maul cameo kind of leads me to believe it's at least somewhat likely.

14. Resistance Trooper 2

May 11, 2018
    Yes, Maul in Solo was one of its most intriguing aspects. Imagine if they had just had Maul as the villain throughout! Of course, the challenge would be for Han not to perceive Maul as a Force user. Since Maul has those cybernetic legs, his amazing abilities could be explained to Han, or by Han, as technological abilities. A fun subplot of the movie could have been Han's denial of magical Force abilities -- until Maul does something so amazing that even Han is left in doubt. But then he still denies what he's seen out of his banal stubbornness.

EDIT: PS -- I agree this may help get Anakin in where he belongs -- in his very own Saga!!! :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  15. BrotherKylo

Mar 30, 2017
    I check Haydens IMBD every now and then to see if anything gets added.

wobbits and Resistance Trooper 2 like this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, if Han and Maul do cross paths, there's nothing to say he won't think its just "simple tricks and nonsense". :)

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Just hope it's not a hologram.. lol

BrotherKylo likes this.
  18. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    A Force Ghost can't be a hologram

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    EXACLY :) :p

20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I wouldn't take that as the gospel for whether he is or isn't in the film. Anyone can edit IMDB with an account, and it's a routine culprit for people claiming "This person is in the movie!" when they really aren't. Unless it's officially announced, strongly insinuated by Christensen himself or someone involved with the film who would know, leaked through a reputable source, or spoiled after the premiere, don't believe it until you're sitting in the theater watching it for yourself. But don't trust IMDB, and for my sanity's don't trust Mike Zeroh.

wobbits, Krueger, BrotherKylo and 3 others like this.
  21. BrotherKylo

Mar 30, 2017
    I didnt know anyone can edit it.

22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Arm yourself with this knowledge, and no one can ever use it against you.

23. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Perhaps not the actor directly, unfortunately, but maybe another playing Vader's ghost. But that would contradict the previous films.

24. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I think with the good reception that Hayden got at Celebration, along with prequel characters and references being made in the movies, that Anakin appearing is a possibility. In fact, I think it should happen. He gets a bad rap as an actor, but when directed properly, is actually pretty solid. If he's given good material, it could be a nice scene.

25. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    To me as long as James Earl Jones exists there is hope....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.