main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Hayden did redeem himself somewhat after his performance in AOTC with a much better performance in ROTS, it wasn't a great performance but i really enjoyed any of his scenes with Ian McDiarmid. We really shouldn't be having this conversation in the first place with the needless replacement of Hayden for Sebastian Shaw in the DVD and Blu-ray releases, but then Disney could just say if it wasn't cinematically released its not canon....problem solved!

2. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

While I don't agree with what Jcuk said, I don't agree with you either. Luke has had 30 years to ask daddy all those important questions. It would be rather silly that all of a sudden he starts asking daddy now (30 years later) about how things went. From the standpoint of who is more relevant to be a Force Ghost in Episode 7. there isn't a clear winner. Luke would have had plenty of time to shake those skeletons out of his family closet with good ole dad, so that means dad is no better a choice than any of the others.

Yoda by far understood the Force better than Anakin, and Yoda also being a member of the Jedi Order for 800+ years would have a better understanding of the history of the Jedi Order. It would be better to pick Yoda's mind about rebuilding the order (if that's what even happens) than Anakin and his approx 15 years experience with the Order.

All the stuff you posted, Anakins turn, Sidious, the Purge, that's all stuff that would have and should have been covered between the two of them over the course of the last 30 years. They should have moved past that by now. At least I would hope that they moved past it by now... I would hope we don't get a "I had to work up my courage to ask you this (for the last 30 years)" moment from Luke...

Yanksfan likes this.
  3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Indeed. And what's more, there's a difference between "embracing the OT" and "distancing the new films from the PT." Just because Abrams has broadly stated his preference for the older films doesn't change the fact that Episode VII is a follow up to six existing films, not just three. He can still embrace the spirit of the OT without entirely ignoring any and all things prequel related.

Like I've said before, if Disney was going to consciously ignore the prequels going forward, there's a very good chance the new film would've simply been announced as the first sequel to ROTJ rather than Episode VII. Heck, even the word "Sith" being uttered one time will be a case of a prequel element reappearing.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    All of this - all of it - presumes that there is a fundamental, story-based need for the return of Force ghosts in the ST.

But working under that assumption:

- It may not be everyone's cup o' tea, but yes, I'd actually really love to see Hayden return as Anakin.

Why Anakin? Well, frankly, working under the assumption that this thing is still the Skywalker Saga, and now that he has returned to the light, the return of Anakin makes more sense to me than any other Force ghost.

Why Hayden? I may not have been thrilled with the change from Shaw to Christensen at the conclusion of ROTJ, but unless Disney/Lucasfilm decide to release blu rays of the OOT and deem them canon (wouldn't that be lovely, by the way?), then if Anakin is in (and provided he's willing to return), I see no reason for the character to be played by anyone else but H.C.

Besides, concerns about negative audience reaction seem pretty silly to me. If the film itself is great, it will survive any brush-back incurred from including Hayden in the cast (party-pooper complainers in the general public, be damned).

But wait, there's more...

- I'd also like to see an aged-up Ewan as Obi-Wan (or better yet, a convincing CGI Sir Alec with Ewan's voice).

I love Obi-Wan and his spirit was certainly incredibly influential to the OT. Given his personal mentor relationship with Luke, I can see this still being true of the ST, too. That, and a quality CGI Sir Alec could be a way for the ST to carry on the SW tradition of pushing the technological envelope.

- Yoda is certainly welcome in my ST.

It's Yoda. His insights learned across 900 years as a Jedi and Grand Master of the Order should serve Master Luke well, indeed.

- And (again, if there is a pressing need) I'd even happily see Qui-Gon speak a disembodied line or two of dialogue, too.

I don't expect this one, really. I don't know that he has much left to his arc, but I love him.

- Finally, whether it be in the form of Sidious, Plagueis, or some other Ancient Fear, I'm open to dark spirits, too.

Something new to SW canon; an unexplored avenue with much fertile ground to explore? Sounds good to me. I think this one is a definite possibility.

I know how this might read, but I don't look forward to a big reunion in the great beyond, or anything. And I'm not suggesting all of these guys show up right away in Episode VII. But sprinkled across the the ST, I think it's a natural means of connecting the three trilogies together.

And if done right, it could be a lot of fun, too. :)

5. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    If Anakin were to reappear it would only make sense for Hayden to reprise the role, if Disney were willing to completely canonize his young ghost in Jedi, instead of the older character played by Shaw. I mean, since the young ghost wasn't shown in any theatrical run, you could make the case that his ghost could be older. Depends how the writers want to handle it I guess.

To me, though, it would feel somewhat wrong to have his ghost coming back. It just really felt like his journey ended once Luke rescued him from the dark side.

Kraven Head likes this.
  6. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    5 characters have either appeared, or been named, in both the PT and OT: R2, C3P0, Palpatine, Obiwan and Anakin/Vader
    IMO, once the spin-offs hit the big screen, the Star Wars "Episodes" series will be known as the Skywalker Saga w/ the ST featuring
    the 3rd generation of Skywalkers...I believe its unavoidable that Anakin will return in one way, shape or another. Hopefully it will be well done and serve a crucial plot to the point. Personally I think he's a awesome character and would love to see another saber battle...

Besides, I got a gut feeling that we havent seen the last of Palpatine and possibly Vader...a previous posted did mention HC wasnt mentioned in the casting call..true but dont forgot for those of us who remember TESB in its initial theatrical run, all the trailers has no mention or shots of AT ATs and Yoda.

I know this is going to be a stretch.. but put aside your "love" for HC and imagine an Anakin (resurrected) vs a Vader clone battle...could be mind blowing. Wont happen I know but I'd pay serious $$$ to see it.

Cheers, K

7. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Have you seen that thing Hayden calls a beard?

Once folks saw that, I think they wised up and decided it was best never to speak of it again. :p

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I would be ok with it but I doubt it will happen .....

9. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014

It's the most majestic bum fluff I've ever witnessed.

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Just once I would like to read a thread where anyone or anything is not bashed.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Me too, mes520. Me too...

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm fine with a recording or something but otherwise I feel that Anakin's role in the Saga is over. Yes he will be mentioned but ROTJ should be his last appearance.

Vicious Jedi and Visitant like this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Aw, c'mon. I was only having a little fun.

I'm sure if he tried really, really hard, young Hayden could grow himself a fine beard.

One most worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi Order.

Revanfan1 and ForgottennJedi1986 like this.
  14. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Yes, but after while I grow tired of your "fun".

There are days I don't read these boards, right now I'm remembering why.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Let's all inhale, exhale, and repeat. I'm OK. You're OK. We're all OK.

Immortiss, Darkslayer, VMeran and 2 others like this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Don't worry 'bout me. I'm okay. O:)

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    For now.

VMeran likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Huh?

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    We are okay.

20. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    Good thing I didn't most that picture of Hayden (who I am a fan of) with a beard like I wanted too...geez [face_laugh]

VMeran and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I should hope so. :)

Honestly, I'm a little surprised to learn that an innocuous attempt at some lighthearted humor at the expense of a public figure who isn't even reading this would make anyone even raise an eyebrow.

But all joking aside, if I've somehow taken away from anyone's enjoyment here (whether it be mes520, or any other member), I want everyone to know that's certainly never been my intention.

I would never willingly do that. I strive to contribute to making this place a better, not worse, forum for SW fans. [:D]

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I had never seen Hayden with a beard. Because of you guys, I googled it.

I hate you guys.

23. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

Oh I can't stay mad at a face like that! [face_laugh]

Edit: You're welcome Revanfan1. Bask in the glory of that chin-muffler![face_rofl]

VMeran, Trebor Sabreon and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Neither can I! :p

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    what i meant to say earlier is that probably no pt or ot ghosts will be in the st. the st may feature ghosts of those freshly dead though.