main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Bananakin_ It's for 40th Anniversary. Hence why everyone is on it.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I think it's more like Hayden is the face of Anakin.:)

Andy Wylde, wobbits and Zikri like this.
  3. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015

[​IMG]

Mostly Handless and starocean90 like this.
  4. Mother of Dragons

Mother of Dragons Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    ....and check who's looming LARGE, over the whole damn thing.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Had he not of been on there people would have said disney were trying to hide him but he is clearly on there so i don't see the issue.

Hayden is the face of anakin, the clone wars and any anakin appearances in Rebels are based on haydens look.

Andy Wylde, wobbits, Zikri and 4 others like this.
  6. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Where's Lando? I feel he should have a spot there as well. Nice poster btw ;-)

7. Mother of Dragons

Mother of Dragons Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I think there's another thread about Lando, but I wonder that too. Did Billy Dee and Lucasfilm have a falling out? He's a pretty important character.....

8. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    I doubt it's cause of anything like that. I mean, what really had me scratching my head was the absence of the Emperor.

Avalanche19 and Mostly Handless like this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I was just thinking that!

10. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    That poster is simply amazing. Although it does make the ST characters look weak in comparison to the OT and PT.

I love how Luke is the center of it all.

11. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    Also - interesting that they've got Phasma in there.

Mostly Handless and B99 like this.
  12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What that poster tells us is that Vader is the face of villainy in SW. The TFA's focus on Vader supports that. The emperor and Snoke are both excluded.

And Luke is viewed as the central hero. He's literally at the center of it all, and has the biggest image other than Vader.

Notice Vader is much more important than Anakin. The poster even tries to distinguish them from each other.

13. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    With all due respect, I think you're reading way too much into it.

Andy Wylde and Mostly Handless like this.
  14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think Vader appearing in top right means much at all in terms of how they see Anakin and Vader since Rey appears in the bottom right aswell as appearing just above it.

15. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    RE no Lando: I reckon they only had so much room on the poster, as Bananakin_ has pointed out he isn't important character missing. [face_dunno]

Or perhaps they're simply trying not to give away 'spoilers':p

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm just telling you what the imagery says. That may very well just be the perceptions of the artist. But it was also approved for the event.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    What's the topic of this thread, again? Oh yeah, it's NOT the celebration poster. Let's get back to that other thing.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Well, it is a nice poster. Ah, Hayden, new films. If not TLJ, I hope to see Hayden as Force-ghost Anakin in IX. Obi-Wan had a significant role as a ghost, and I'd like to see Hayden have the same in the sequel trilogy.

Mostly Handless and Bananakin_ like this.
  19. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Yeah...trying to downgrade Hayden's appearance on the poster because Vader looms above him is laughable. Vader's helmet has loomed above in the posters for ROTS, ANH ESB and ROTJ. The placement just means that Vader's legacy looms above all of the characters in the Star Wars universe.

They could have just ignored the PT and not included Hayden on the poster. That would have been the true snub, not this grasping for straws snub being attempted at here.

If anything, it points more to the acceptance of him in the saga as a whole...and possibly... hopefully...a part to play in the ST? Who knows.

20. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Its just the movies in order. PT-OT-ST. You are reading into it too much, Lucasfilm has already said Vader was the central figure not Luke.

21. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017

'The Dark-Side clouds everything'-:yoda:AOTC.

Vader is still the most iconic villain in all of Star Wars, despite many great additions to that pantheon (The Emperor, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren). As others have already noted the absence of The Emperor, I think the most likely explanation for Vader's disproportionally large size is simply to provide a visual metaphor for the threat of evil to the saga's heroes.

Andy Wylde, fuhry and JoshieHewls like this.
  22. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Daniel MillerVerified account@DanielNMiller 2h
    Finally, "The Last Jedi" footage included a shot of Rey, clearly under duress, surrounded by many small orbs of light that hung in the air.
    https://twitter.com/DanielNMiller
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[face_thinking] Well given what we know about 'small orbs of light that hang in the air' from current cannon thus far, this would seem to be the closest we have gotten to outright confirmation that TLJ will have some sort of force-ghost appearance.
    The question now is whether this is Yoda, (as rumoured by MSW), Obi-wan Kenobi, or indeed the subject of this thread himself, Anakin Skywalker.

Here are the MSW articles BTW
    http://makingstarwars.net/2016/02/yoda-was-planned-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
    http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/rumor-frank-oz-headed-to-star-wars-episode-viii-sets/

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Mostly Handless we're already discussing this in the "new rumors" thread. You don't have to keep posting it in the individual threads.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  24. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017

sorry

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    No prob.