main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017

HaHa that does seem to be accurate though.

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    You don't think the fan base is divided on this issue?? The people that are going to see him are obviously fans of him as Anakin...and that's fine. The people that aren't fans are obviously not going. (For the record it is the performance we are talking about not HC as a person. As a person he is a fantastic guy!)

In simple maths (And I am giving you an even playing field here) - There are 100 SW fans. There are 50 that love HC as Anakin and 50 that do not. There are 25 seats at the convention to see him and they sold out very quickly, so they gave out another 25... There are still 50 that aren't fans! = Divided. In this thread you might be mistaken for believing the majority want him back because those that don't get in trouble when they voice otherwise because it is viewed as derailing a thread... On that note - I'm out.

P.s - No need to respond. I just wanted to give you my take on that comment. I love RO, the OT and will make my mind up on the ST once it's all said and done. I don't go around telling people they are wrong. With so many films coming out we will all love aspects that others don't :cool: I loved Felicity jones as Jyn and quite a lot of people don't. But I sure as hell will not be going around challenging people about this ...who cares? My gut says HC will not be a part of the ST because of that divide - We will find out soon enough!

3. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    ^To be fair, I think it's more like this:

There are 100 SW fans, around 5 of them are strong PT haters. 10 of them dislike Hayden Christensen. The rest is just a mix of other small cliques but mostly regular fans.

4. GauntGrandMoff

GauntGrandMoff Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2016
    Listen man I understand where your coming from, no one's saying that you need to change your opinion. I grew up with Hayden being the hero of Star Wars and the prospect of the films I grew up with and loved actually getting this level of recognition in the ST, is incredibly exciting to me.

However I definitely get your feelings on Haydens potrayal of Anakin. What I don't get is that you just claimed that Star Wars was your life, yet you choose to ignore one the of the most iconic concepts introduced into Star Wars via the OT.

Haydens performance in the PT doesn't suddenly change the fact that he played a young Darth Vader and it doesn't change the fact that force ghosts are a thing...

How can you or anyone else watch TFA and not recognize the importance of Anakin Skywalker, in regards to the destiny of Kylo Ren?

Kylo walks the path of his grandfather Darth Vader.

Anakins turn was his greatest mistake (taking the low ground was his second )

Anakin is a force ghost.

Force ghosts can communicate with the living, under specific circumstances.

Do you think Disney would just turn a blind eye to this? Kylo literally feels the pull from the light....hmm what (or who) could that possibly be?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Hayden somehow appearing in a new Star Wars movie would be a big selling point, no matter what you thought of him in the Prequels.

Simple curiousity and Internet chatter would help get bums on seats. And then, if he was actually good...

6. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Sorry. Vader is and always will be James Earl Jones. There is no argument.

Avnar likes this.
  7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Force Ghost.

8. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I know what I like and think and Im sticking with it. I saw Vader for the first time 40 YEARS AGO. THAT is the Vader I want to remember and see like we did in RO. (if we see him again)

Funny how the 4 minutes of Vader screen time in RO completely blew EVERY second of HC in the prequels COMPLETELY OUT OF THE WATER.

Each to their own though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. But I was accused earlier of not being able to recognize a good acting performance or a good actor because I criticized HC's performances in the PT.

Let me mention some of my favorite actors: Humphrey Bogart, Peter Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Sean Penn, Ed Norton, Joe Pesci.......I could go on.

Yeah sorry, Im a poor judge of a good actor for not thinking HC is a good one.

9. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd love to see a functioning Holocron in the films.

Mostly Handless and Satipo like this.
  10. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    And Anakin is and always will be Hayden Christensen, whats your point?

11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    You are being baited into an OTvsPT argument, don't bite.

12. TommytheHotDogVendor

TommytheHotDogVendor Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2017
    WRONG!

There is only ONE PT hater. That's OBVIOUS, lol!

JJ!1

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Let's get back on topic in here, which is Hayden in the ST.

14. Skywalker Family

Mar 15, 2017
    Well me didn't learn about Hayden in the rest of the series but I do know that he might be a Highlander.

15. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Hayden got a very warm and enthusiastic reception.

16. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Hayden's warm welcome at Celebration clearly shows that the haters fortunately belong to a very small minority.

17. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    All reports of Hayden's unpopularity have been greatly exaggerated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

18. Skywalker Family

Mar 15, 2017
    Yes and he is still trending. Its amazing how happy people are about it.

Andy Wylde, Slater, Wrenegade and 5 others like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hayden was just awesome!

20. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015

Okay, so I haven't wrote here in a while, but I had to answer your posts :)

First thing first, I don't care that you consider him worst actor ever (though I really don't understand how, but okay whatever) and I won't discuss that since you obviously have your opinion.

You say that you saw Star Wars 40 years ago, well I saw it almost 20 years ago (and now when I think about that all I can say is wow, that is a long time), and 20 years ago I was introduced to a great story and an amazing character who was played by different actors but in the end Hayden was always the one I think about when I think about Anakin.

I agree with you JEJ is the voice of Vader, always was, but Hayden is the face. And to me the fact that we could have young Anakin in PT, his ghost in OT and again his ghost in ST would tie trilogies beautifully because I always wondered what happened after.

I saw Anakin's story, his rise, his fall, his redemption and it would be kind of amazing for me to see his legacy. And that is a good possibility now, because it is quite clear in TFA that Anakin is a big part of the story, how big remains to bee seen, but I am hoping that everything we saw till now is pointing towards Hayden reprising his role eventually.

21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    He only got two questions, should have asked him more when he's finally there

22. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Id love to see Hayden in the ST as a force ghost or hologram. And I would applaud getting to see him at celebration. I also hate every teary-eyed / pouty image of hayden in the PT.
    It's not binary, people. It's not like Hayden actually IS Anakin. I can dislike the execution of a character wthout hating the actor's guts. Besides, cartoon Anakin is more Anakin than Hayden is to me.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  24. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
  25. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    LOL What a clickbait title to that article. His biggest "shame" was making lightsaber sounds while filming.

Andy Wylde and Mostly Handless like this.