main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Someone should have told Disney that before they came out with Disney Infinity 3.0. Or when they released all six films digitally.

Yeah, Disney doesn't want to make any money on the prequels, even though they spent good money to attain the rights to said films. Come on folks. It's time to rest this tired, "Disney doesn't want to remind anyone of the prequels" nonsense. All signs have pointed to the complete opposite. Look at the situation objectively rather than projecting your own dislike of a few movies onto their motivations. Seriously.

2. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014

Wow a well thought out and impartial response on the topic, I must be dreaming.

Knightstalker137 likes this.
  3. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

Abrams wants nothing to do with the PT. Not necessarily Disney. And while he is a consultant or something on all 3 films, he's only directing the first one. Meaning we could see lots of PT references in VIII and IX. It will be up to those directors to decide if they want to include any of it or not.

4. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
  5. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Wow, it's like Hayden went to some of your guys houses and punched you in the face.... Wow people... Really think before you type.

On topic. If it's done right, sure, have him in the movie. But if this movie bombs, he may not want to. Just saying...

6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Episode 9. Anakin's ghost will appear. Gonna happen, guys. And you know what? It'll all be OK. Breathe.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Not the forum for this.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Abrams probably doesn't have a personal beef with the Prequels, but that doesn't mean he wants to use one of the most controversial actors of Star Wars. Hayden is just too much unnecessary risk.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Would be interesting to see Hayden in the ST, as a Vader clone (whatever Ren is planning) force ghost etc.

Hell with some better dialogue it could be a damn good performance, Hayden isn't a bad actor it was the cards he was dealt. It could even give him a chance to get back in the limelight.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    They'll find a way to show Vader in full regalia, not Hayden, because dude with mask is what most people want to see.

11. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Or when they decided to marathon the whole Saga in theaters, Episode I-VII. It seems they wanted viewers to be reminded of the prequels just a few hours before watching their new film.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Note: Reminder #1,422: The rules here against bashing apply to movies, actors, etc. So that includes Hayden and it includes the prequels. Find a way to post without breaking the rules or just don't post. Your choice, but people who opt to post and break the rules often find themselves on involuntary vacations.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think they’ve kind of backed themselves into a corner here, IMO. If Kylo is obsessed with Vader, and sees him as some sort of martyr telling him what to do and what not, then how can the ghost of Anakin not pay him a visit in the ST (or one of the good guys)? It just wouldn’t make sense if he didn’t. The only way, as someone said here, is to have a line from Luke saying that Anakin decided to give up his ghostly form and join the Force fully.

Other than that, the character of Anakin appearing makes the most sense out of all the established ghosts, thematically speaking.

14. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    Hayden is the ****, it'd be great to see him even if it's just as a brief force ghost shot. Holding out hope for sure. As stated above it only makes sense for him to appear in some capacity.

15. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Agreed. A Kylo/Anakin scene would be one of the most compelling scenes in this entire trilogy, with Anakin trying to show Kylo the error of his ways.

16. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    This would totally rock. From what I've gathered from the trailer Kylo doesn't know about Anakins redemption, so if the real Anakin shows up and gives him a telling off would be so epic!

17. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I don't think a Force Spirit would interfere so directly in that way. He probably wouldn't even be able to see him because he wouldn't believe it was possible.

What exactly Force Spirits can and can't do and who they appear to and how they effect anything is certainly something that the ST will have to deal with in VIII and/or IX.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    But if Anakin appears, it would be in a form that is familiar to Kylo, would it not? Kylo could outright reject or even banish him if he appeared as his young self. He will however listen to what he thinks is the spirit of Darth Vader.

19. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    If Anakin appears to Kylo it wouldn't be Kylo summoning him, it would be Force spirit Anakin coming of his own will (like Obi for Luke). It would be Anakin talking to Kylo not Darth Vader. Kylo can choose to ignore him or whatever but I doubt he could "banish" him.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Kylo will just ignore him or shoo him away if he looks like Hayden Anakin.

Edit:
    Because the last thing he wants to do is talk to a hated Jedi. Imagine if Obi-Wan tried to appear before Vader in TESB. Don't think he would have accomplished much.

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    ^^ I don't see him ignoring or shoo'ing him away. Maybe become frustrated, ignite his saber and swipe it clean through Anakin's ghost?

I want Hayden back, but I can't see the force ghost version approaching Ren, and I would hate for the movie to break SW feel and show a flashback. I do think, maybe, Anakin could appear to Luke. Who knows, maybe even Leia like he did in the EU. He could be counselling either one of them on being a Jedi, like Obi Wan did in the OT.

22. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    What if Vader appears to Kylo......and then removes his helmet to reveal he's Anakin (Hayden)? Maybe then Kylo listens or maybe he doesn't, so the ghost of Anakin decides to show Kylo a force vision of the truth of everything and we see a flashback of Hayden/Anakin becoming Vader and some quick scenes, and then he shows Kylo his future if he continues on his dark path. He may even reveal to Kylo some truths that Kylo doesn't know yet, such as things about Snoke maybe. Perhaps ghost Anakin then takes Kylo on a spirit-trip so-to-speak to show him his possible dark future and the suffering he will cause himself and others in the same way the ghosts of Christmas showed Ebenezer Scrooge the wrong of his ways. Maybe he could also show Kylo how good his future could be if he turned to the light and all the true good he could do. Maybe we even get a glimpse of Palpatine suffering in a darkside hell of sorts for his evil ways. It could be a powerful scene if done well.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Even though this is really old i feel like responding anyway.

This is true from a certain point of view.

the LSG is there to keep the books and comics in line with current movies but lets say a movie in the future wants to do something that breaks Canon in some comic from 4 years ago then that movie can't.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

But then again he won't be directing episode 8 and 9.;)

darthtimetraveller and Davak24 like this.
  25. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Agreed.