main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    A couple points:

Why do people assume Kylo just needs a visit from grandpa to set him right? If someone desires evil and believes in it deeply, knowledge that gramps thought he was wrong in the end would be totally irrelevant. There's no reason to assume Kylo is simply mistaken about what he's doing, like Anakin.

So the idea that Anakin has some reason to appear to Kylo is a mistaken assumption.

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Maybe Kylo wants advice where he can find a sweet yellow ride. In that case he'd have to contact Anakin or John Milner.

PiettsHat likes this.
  3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I have changed my mind, and I am now ok with Hayden returning as a force ghost ONLY if it is for a scene where he appears to Kylo Ren and tells him to look at his life decisions and stop with the creepy vader cult ****. In fact it should be like this

You tell him, Anakin! :p

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, it could be a small part of a redemption arc if there is one supposed to happen.

Gramps does have a reason to appear because gramps doesn't know yet if Kylo will listen or not, he ought to try. If Kylo rejects his appeal or laughs at him it would emphasize how far he has fallen.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's only 1 point :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Is it possible GL had him film some short scenes and footage "just in case for the future"? (during the ROTS filming)

We know he asked Hamill "if he'd like to come back in 20 years to had down excalibur".

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    After another thought, I'm fairly certain that if Kylo ever met ghost Anakin, he'd probably try to kidnap him ghostbusters style. Also Anakin would probably get pissed to learn that you can't ***** slap your crazy grandchildren when you're a ghost :p
    So overall for the health of both these characters, I don't know how good of an idea it would be if these two ever met :p

_ThatJediScum_ and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    No thanks.

lovelikewinter likes this.
  9. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Look, the new team have clearly worked really hard to get Star Wars back to a point where a new trilogy was viable - they're moving forward. There is absolutely no dramatic logic to introducing more ghosts - it would be poor storytelling.

jakeskywalker65, FirstOrder and Jcuk like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Please bring back Hayden. Heck, bring back Yoda, Obi-Wan, and the voice of Qui-Gon while they're at it. I just think it would be really cool seeing them interact with the younger generations and passing on what they learned from their time.

darthtimetraveller and minnishe like this.
  11. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014

The big problem is that watching old/dead people tell younger people how to do/how not to do things makes for terribly boring films.

jakeskywalker65 likes this.
  12. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    How about no force ghosts on this one? Maybe Luke at one point during this trilogy, but anything else would be overkill..... and I hope JJ learned a lesson after shoehorning Nimoy like he did on the Star Trek movies.

lovelikewinter likes this.
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Force ghosts are as much a part of Star Wars for me as the Falcon, cute droids, etc, so I'd be surprised if we don't see at least one during the new trilogy. I wouldn't mind any or even all of Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin getting another appearance in this manner. I think ghost Luke will have to wait until the next trilogy at least, though.

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I doubt they would directly hand hold the newer generations - I doubt for example they would say "a midichlorian count of X no longer matters." They would just give general advice - I could see them, particularly Anakin and Obi-Wan, telling Luke, Rey, and Finn to embrace their positive emotions unlike the old Jedi.

darthtimetraveller and minnishe like this.
  15. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    Further more showing the failure's of Luke ~

He had all the assistance from Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda etc; 30 years + and a New Jedi Order isn't even established ~

If Kylo turns out to be either the son or the nephew of Luke then it'll further more show how he didn't learn from the mistakes of the past ~

16. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

No because Lucas at that point was saying it was six films only, and he didn't have anything planned out.

I think the biggest thing preventing this is how stupid 35 year old Hayden is going to look as the father to 65 year old Mark Hamill. Mark has a son older than Hayden.

17. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004

Not at all :3

First and foremost, it'll truly connection both trilogies, and it won't be conventional ~

How intriguing would it be finding out that the wise father is actually the youngest in appearance? If that scene is handled correctly, it could be extremely special ~

18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Wise father? Nothing about Anakin as portrayed by Jake or Hayden was ever wise. CGI Shaw and you might have wise, but Anakin as a character was never wise.

jakeskywalker65 and Jcuk like this.
  19. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    GL continually thought ahead. Maybe nothing planned but he was always thingking so I wouldn't count him out.
    He would be a Force Ghost as we saw him at the end of RotJ (se version).

20. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004

We're speaking about Anakin from the events of Phantom Menace up until Return of the Jedi; wise ~

21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    He is now.

22. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    In the interest of discussion that started in the The Force Awakens thread and really got going after the MakingStarWars rumor back in September, what do you think about Hayden Christensen making an appearance in Episode 8 and/or Episode 9? What role would it be? Who would he interact with? What would be the context? I think there are exciting possibilities!

23. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    As a Force ghost, telling Kylo Ren that he's wrong, probably.

And yes I personally would have no problem with Hayden being in the movie briefly, if it was necessary to advance a character's story or the plot.

laurethiel1138 and Lee_ like this.
  24. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'm okay with it. Morbid curiosity, sympathy for the actor and a desire to see if a good director can bring out a performance that can somewhat allow me to reconcile that Anakin and Vader are the same guy.

25. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Anakin turned to the dark side because he was afraid that he couldnt save everyone he cared about. In the book for episode 3 he even Obi-wan the option to walk away because he dont want to fight him as he is the closest he has to a father.
    Kylo however turned because he simply wants to be as powerful as Vader no matter what and it looked like he took pleasure in stabbing Han in the gut.

Hayden returning could either be that hes trying to tell Kylo that he is on the wrong path or that he tell his story to Rey to make her understand what it is Kylo wants become. And that she must stop him just like Luke stopped Vader.

Matthew_Wolverine likes this.