main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    If anyone confronts Kylo Ren it should be Rey.

2. Darth Jatar

Darth Jatar Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2015
    I believe a scene with Anakin speaking to Kylo about how the path of the dark side isn't the way and how he was wrong to ever become Vader would be great. I think it would be even better if Kylo became frustrated with him, realizing that this whole crusade was for nothing. Kylo then stubbornly decides to go further down the path of the dark side even though he just received the disapproval of the one he idolizes the most. Saying something like "I am too far gone for redemption, grandfather... and to think I worshiped a fool." Then gets rid of Vader's helmet and makes his final plunge into the dark side of the force, fully focused on becoming a powerful agent of the dark side. Worshiping the Dark Side itself instead of Lord Vader. Then his actions are no longer tantrums and uncontrolled rage, but cold, calculated, and deadly. Ironically after dropping his obsession of Vader, he becomes the closest he could ever compare to Vader.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    OK, I will. If Hayden appears in 8 I will jump out of my seat in excitement!

4. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    I sincerely hope he's not in the new films. We're striking out here with a new young cast and a few old favourites thrown in for good measure. Considering Adam Driver is playing his role exactly the way Anakin should've been handled, it would be jarring.

Hayden had his chance, the baton has been passed on. Without trashing him, I just don't think it would do his own career or the new trilogy any good by him turning up.

To use a traditional English phrase: you can't polish a turd.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I wouldn't mind if he's in it. I don't think he's an awful actor; I think he's an alright actor who did the best he could with some subpar material, poor direction (Lucas is a god of visuals and imagination but he's weak with actors by their and his own admission), and a complex role that needed to be note perfect but couldn't possibly be under those circumstances. I understand others feel differently, but these are my feelings and I think they're shared by a sizable portion of the fanbase and general audience if not a majority. So, while I wouldn't mind it at all, and I even think it could work with Johnson's script and directing, I don't think it's going to happen scrictly for pragmatic reasons if nothing else. But hey, crazier things have happened.

6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Me too. I don't like the prequels but I still accept that they happened and that Hayden IS Anakin. If we hear a bit of Across the Stars when he appears I will cream my pants.

7. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    If Hayden was to appear, it would be for like... a minute in the film. And it wouldn't be publicized - 99.9% of the audience going in wouldn't even know he's appearing. Only those that follow spoiler sites would have a clue.

So the idea that some folks are sprouting here that Hayden being in the film would deride the film is effing hilarious. It would be a cameo. Cameos do not put movies, franchises, etc "at risk." that is a laughable line of thought.

8. Lord_Wolfwood

Lord_Wolfwood Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2014
    I think that Anakin is the pull to the light side that Kylo Ren feels. Its Anakin trying to reach him, tell him the error of his ways and warn him away from the dark side. I'd be all for seeing Hayden as a force ghost at some point, or even a flashback of some kind.

Shaak Ti and solrdzm like this.
  9. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I'm totally looking forward to HC's return in Episode VIII!!

wobbits, Shaak Ti and solrdzm like this.
  10. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I really can't see them going that way at all.

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Probably will given Kylo clearly didn't accept whatever Luke's explanation of what happened to Anakin/Vader (him turning back to good I mean).

Kylo is, of course, having a similar struggle to what Vader had with following the dark side but still having the light inside of him. Kylo is obsessed with him, and naive about him. I can't see him not talking to Anakin/Vader in some way- communicating with a voice, force Ghost, etc.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

And remember kids: don't do dark side.

Shaak Ti and mes520 like this.
  13. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    If Rian Johnson can get a decent acting job out of HC, I wouldn't be totally against it but I have doubts

11-4D and Ligenot like this.
  14. WannaBuySomeDeathSticks

WannaBuySomeDeathSticks Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    The only way I would want to see Hayden back would be for a cameo where The Knights Of Ren try to bring Vader back to life Frankenstein style (putting the soul of vader in a new body) and he comes back to life for mere seconds and dies.

Then Kylo has another ragequit scene.

fuhry likes this.
  15. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Why not a Force Ghost of Jake Lloyd?

It would make just as much sense and be the same level of quality.

Dewback and jakeskywalker65 like this.
  16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    ...how would that make just as much sense?

MissJo and Shaak Ti like this.
  17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I hope not. Also given that TFA had only one PT reference(which it may not even be one day when Disney remakes the PT [face_devil]) , but you're really going to **** with people's heads if you have 60 year old Luke talking to his 30ish playing a 20 something dad. Not to mention any scenes with Grandpa and Ben.

Plus seeing Hayden on screen as Anakin is probably not going to get cheers from the crowd, and Hayden doesn't need to be in something that most people may snicker at.

Best just do cast an known older actor who they can make look similar to Shaw.

I fully expect Grandpa to show up, but I don't think it will be Hayden.

Dewback and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Wouldn't make any sense to recast since Hayden is in ROTJ.

Shamear likes this.
  19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

It does if Disney or LFL don't want him as the force ghost.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Bruh, it's canon whether you like it or not.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Didn't say it wasn't. Make a deal. I won't assume to much. You shouldn't either.

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Force Ghost. I don't think it would be so bad.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Okay, how about this for a compromise: make it clear that Force ghosts appear the way they do not of their own will, but of those who see them. Everyone sees what they want to see when looking upon a Force ghost. Luke sees the man his father once was (he didn't know what he looked like and this technically makes more sense with Shaw since that's the face Luke saw under the helmet, but roll with it) and Kylo sees the form of Darth Vader. The soul embodied in the Force ghost is the same, but the appearance is in the eyes of the beholder, so to speak. It could even lead to a scene where Kylo realizes the man Anakin truly was in th end, and the ghostly visage of Darth Vader transforms into that of Anakin. I think that'd be the best of both worlds, and you get the benefit of Anakin for the prequel fans but in a way that might not bother and maybe even work for non-prequel fans, and you get the image of Darth Vader and the voice of JEJ for everyone's enjoyment.

Maybe a stupid idea, but just a thought.

laurethiel1138, TX-20 and Shaak Ti like this.
  24. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    He'll be in episode 8 or 9 without a doubt & I'm really excited for this. Since, the whole Star Wars saga was about Anakin in the first place. It makes sense to have him come back as a force ghost or something like that to help guide his grandchildren (As we all are assuming Rey to be a Skywalker too) to understand the force. It also makes sense that Anakin would still be maintaining frequent contact with his son Luke, after Luke had helped redeem him & bring balance to the force at the Battle of Endor.
    Since Luke has been in exile for what seems like quite a long time, at what looks like the location of the First Jedi Temple. I strongly believe that Luke has gone there to learn more teachings of the force (e.g Life after death) from his father & even his old former masters Obi Wan & Yoda. You could throw Qui Gon into the mix too, but I think he would stay out of it just because he never knew Luke personally & I guess he would feel its Anakin's turn to do the teaching, after all Luke is Anakins son.

laurethiel1138 and Shaak Ti like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can't wait to see the reactions on peoples faces when he shows up and blows them away.

wobbits, Shamear, Shaak Ti and 5 others like this.