main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hayden Christensen or Jake Lloyd? Vote.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Santos, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Hayden. By a long shot, he's the business.

Whilst Jake pretty much sucks a lot of the time, I think at least 50% of this was down to the script, "yipee", "that seems like a good idea" etc.

However, even though there is a bit of poor writing in AOTC, I still buy Hayden throughout. He is cool.

2. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    well people :oops:
    what did Lloyd have to work with? with being a sweet and kind little child. who ever saw or envisioned anakin/vader like that?? nooone....
    hayden gets to show the darker side as well (already in AOTC). so of course everyonewill vote for hayden.

me included.

HAYDEN!

-Mel

3. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
  4. Deyla_Heren

Deyla_Heren Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
  5. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hayden for me...

Lyold planted the seed of what the character was to become though...

6. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Hayden for me...

Lyold planted the seed of what the character was to become though...

Exactly. Hayden is my favourite of the two because of where the character is at during the last two prequels, I thought Jake did a really amazing job with the part though.

7. darth_padawan_padme

darth_padawan_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    "they shoulda gone with that kid, whoever he is "

that kid was pretty good. when natalie said 'you're just a little boy' and he said 'i wont almost be' in an almost hayden/vader way.

Jake lloyd didnt do too bad, but hayden is definately the better anakin.

8. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Hayden.

Lloyd was a cutie, but he annoyed me a bit. I don't think it was entirely his fault, but there you go.

9. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Hayden took bits of Lloyds performance and even tried to talk at the same tempo as JEJ (listen carefully when he say's yes master) and Hayden through some of his own stuff into it and he's perfect as Anakin.
    Hayden made the role of Anakin his own, he is now the face of Anakin Skywalker the same as Mark Hamill is the face of Luke and Harrison Ford the face of Han.

10. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Both Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen did a tremendous job in playing Anakin Skywalker. Being 19 years old isn't the same as being nine years old. We as humans are innocent when we are little beings but when we grow that innocence is stripped away. Once Anakin got a grip on the Force to some degree he felt proud and knew that he was better at it than most Jedi in the Order.

Enter Obi-1 slighting him and denying him Jedi Knight status and it doesn't coincide with Anakin's growing self confidence. I used to think that Anakin was arrogant, but I think that he was always extremely self confident is his own abilities and there's nothing wrong with that. Anakin has been confident since we first saw him and he shows that same confidence in Episodes II & III.

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    i wud have to say lloyd (cos hayden gets to kiss portman)

12. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Hayden but not by much.

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
  14. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I prefer Hayden by a landslide. Not that I don't like Jake, I just like the way Hayden has really studied the saga in terms of how to portray Anakin/Vader. I think there are many who are critical of his performance but I feel that has to do more with George than Hayden's acting ability. I cannot wait to him blows the doors off in ROTS and show exactly what he can do.

Watch Higher Ground and Shattered Glass and tell me he can't act. I just think the criticism should be more leveled at George rather than Hayden and Jake, specifically in this instance.

15. Songbird

Songbird Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    I vote for Jake Lloyd, because I thought Hayden Christensen was too whiny in AOTC.

16. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    hayden, hayden, a thousand times, hayden.

17. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    This kid not only Looks like a young Hayden, but he can act. And if it ever would have called for it, he's an exeptional swordmen. --Neobaggins

AMEN. When I first saw young Jeremy Sumpter in Peter Pan, my jaw dropped at how perfect he portrayed the little sprout, totally surpassing both Hayden and Jake IMO.

I vote for him. I wish GL'd have waited a few more years and then casted him for the role.

[image=http://www.aftipoll.co.uk/2002/sumpter.jpg] Who do I look like?

[image=http://www.celebopedia.com/jeremy-sumpter/images/jeremy-sumpter.jpg]
    Being cast in Star Wars would have been Banarang!

Meh... if I must choose, it'd be Hayden because of that cool dark side part in AotC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.