main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hayden Christensen set to quit acting! :(

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Renegade_Light, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    Well, despite his other performances, I personally felt very disappointed in his performance in a role I would've done anything to play. But if he wants to quit, that's his business. More room for other young actors like myself.

But negativity and envy aside, if he feels that Hollywood isn't the right place for him, I applaud his ability to not get sucked in by a career he doesn't enjoy anymore, and actually stand up and say, "I'm gonna do something that interests me." I wish him well.

2. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    All I have to say about this thread, you're smiley :-( is on backwards :)

3. THEFORCEISWITHME33

THEFORCEISWITHME33 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Noooooooooo!!

4. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Nooo what?

I don't think he's set to quit acting just yet...

5. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i'll miss him if he goes because i really like him. what he says is very true but i hope he doesn't quit

6. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    Good, I was afraid you meant the opposite. I like him too. A lot.

7. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    WE LOVE YOU HAYDEN!

8. Arwen Sith

May 30, 2005
    What's there not to love, indeed. [face_love]

9. GTyper

GTyper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    He can act, regardless of what some of you may think. Of course, he's the one making millions for his movies, what have most of you done?

A lot.

Sorry if I sound a bit negative, but I don't believe in criticizing people, especially when they far outweigh the abilities of those criticizing...

Then you give up the one thing that makes you human - the ability to compare one object to another.

I'm hardly a very good apple, but I can tell when I bite into one that's rotten.

I'm hardly a good mechanic, but if my car comes back and it's making noise that wasn't there before - then he's probably a bad mechanic.

You don't have to be "good" or "better" at something to hold an opinion. You just have to have exposure to something in order to draw an opinion.

I don't go around talking about how a certain baseball player is terrible, because quite frankly, to be in the MLB is to be a great player.

No, again, it's comparitive logic. When comparing someone to their field of peers - it makes perfect sense.

I have no right to question their playing ability when mine isn't that good.

Would you rather have Michael Jordan in his prime or Kwame Brown? Why?

You are making the same judgement call as when you say Hayden isn't or is a good actor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.